Time to get started on the starcraft resto.

SigSaurP229

Commander
Re: Time to get started on the starcraft resto.

Thank you everyone for the compliments.

As promised and long awaited donor boat is in the hangar.

SigSaurP229

Commander

Not bad for $3 bills.

Seller claims floor and transom are solid,

Thats crap, I immediately found the soft spot in the floor, I didn't buy it for the hull anyways.

It has a couple of nice seats that will work well in a flip boat.

Gotta love the old school lowrance depth finder.

Windshields are in good condition but basically unuseable on any other hull but this one.

There are all kinds of good aluminum hatches, hinges, switches wiring.

A BRAND NEW 12 gallon aluminum gas tank, with all new fuel lines and primer bulbs.

The engine isn't quite as fubared as I thought, I found the shift linkage it is just disconnected. I am going to rerun compression check soon.

For the most part everything on the motor appears intact.

I am going to paint it all to match, get it running, and use it on a flip tinny, or put in on c/l for $800

jbcurt00

Staff member

Looks good for a fugly donor boat. What's w/ that 60/40 split windshield? Too bad, it looks to be in decent shape, but limited use. Except maybe in a single side console boat.

Now who would ever want to build 1 of those? Use in a recently acquired SeaNymph swapped for an SC Mariner perhaps.....

But only if you don't get any takers for a $300 trailer w/ a 'free' boat :watermelon:

SigSaurP229

Commander

I put the word out in the CL thread in the Starcraft forums.

I got the good to go from the admiral for another Tinny.

I need a bottom feeder priced tinny to handle the 75 hp RUDE.

Bestmason

Seaman Apprentice

Hey Sig nice score on the donor boat. But did you notice someone built the consoles and windshields unbalanced:eek:? Maybe my eyes are crooked.

SigSaurP229

Commander

Hey Sig nice score on the donor boat. But did you notice someone built the consoles and windshields unbalanced:eek:? Maybe my eyes are crooked.

Procraft built it that way its about a 60/40 split on the windshield which is why I said the windshield is pretty much unusable except for that hull.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Darn cell phone pics. They're never right. :lol: Still, an unusual WS set-up.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

Yeah that glass heap has all the right stuff, just not usable on that pile. Nice score Sig!

dozerII

Admiral

Are you itchy yet Sig, should get loads of hard to come by and expensive hardware off the donor.

Last edited:

SigSaurP229

Commander

I was itchy the moment it hit my trailer hitch. Unfortunately boat work is paused myself and the toddler both have the flu

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014

Oh man, yeah take care of yourself so that stuff doesn't knock you out even longer. That junk boat will still be where you left it. Time for some nice warm internet research and a hot toddy!

Bestmason

Seaman Apprentice

Sig hate to hear you and loved one are under the weather. Man take it seriously the flu takes it toll on everyone especially young. My wife's and I prayers will be with you all!

SigSaurP229

Commander

Thanks everyone for the well wishes, I felt well enough to go to work today so that's a start. Slowly but surely feeling a little better. Not having much luck on the Starcraft hunt still considering Redneck Joe's friends Viking though.

SigSaurP229

Commander

Got tired of sitting still. Against all advice i had to go out to the shop . I vinyled the rear glove box door and installed the cam lock. The good news of the day I ran the spark test again we have a bright hot fat blue spark on all 4 cylinders now.

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020

Got tired of sitting still. Against all advice i had to go out to the shop . I vinyled the rear glove box door and installed the cam lock. The good news of the day I ran the spark test again we have a bright hot fat blue spark on all 4 cylinders now.

Glad you're back-in-action Sig!

Sounds like you've got a good "Pop" with that new Stator! Good job troubleshooting & repairing!

jbcurt00

Staff member

Hot spark X4 is great