The one and only OFFICIAL vBulletin Upgrade vent thread!!!!

MikDee

Banned
I've never had a problem with it being visible on the opening page of any sub-forum. Mik, check your settings... (in the user panel, under 'settings')

Well, good for you,,, It was missing from the Homepage for me, for 2 days! It's back now.

Bubbasboat

Chief Petty Officer

Hey Redneck, your response has me confused! I have posted for sure 30 plus since it hung at 275, and have gotten two credits in just the last two days, today nothing. I'm curious as you posted a part of one of my posts with a count at 275. Are we watching my post count now?:confused:

Bubbasboat

Chief Petty Officer
Bubbasboat
Petty Officer 1st Class

petty_officer_1st_class.gif

Happy to be test subject for this one!

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Well, good for you,,, It was missing from the Homepage for me, for 2 days! It's back now.

:facepalm: Mik, Read what I wrote... SUB-FORUM. The 'New Topic' button isn't on the HOMEPAGE, and never has been, and still isn't. But it has ALWAYS been on the sub-forum index page...

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Hey Redneck, your response has me confused! I have posted for sure 30 plus since it hung at 275, and have gotten two credits in just the last two days, today nothing. I'm curious as you posted a part of one of my posts with a count at 275. Are we watching my post count now?:confused:

He was simply posting a screen capture showing where to find "New Topics" while it was missing at the top. It just happened to be your sig from a post. I doubt if he cares about your post count.

Last edited:

Bubbasboat

Chief Petty Officer
:facepalm: Mik, Read what I wrote... SUB-FORUM. The 'New Topic' button isn't on the HOMEPAGE, and never has been, and still isn't. But it has ALWAYS been on the sub-forum index page...

Your signature, "The world takes on a whole new perspective when viewed from 100' below..." makes you a diver. Yes? You are so right!

Bubbasboat

Chief Petty Officer
He was simply posting a screen capture showing where to find "New Topics" while it was missing at the top. It just happened to be your sig from a post. I doubt if he cares about your post count.

All was good with your answer until you decided to get sarcastic with " I doubt if he cares about your post count. "!!!!! Sorry, but this is a perfect example of how unfriendly this forum has become!!!! When I joined in March, it was a fun, friendly and most certainly helpful forum! It has since become so stressed and biting!! Not even in the "ONE AND ONLY" can you vent without getting just way too much attitude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
A lot of the attitude is coming from people being bombarded many times a day, about the same issues that we all know about and we all are enduring, those of you complaining about issues all of the time are creating a caustic situation, the issues are getting taken care of, slowly but surely, every single person that spends time on here everyday, understands and knows what is going on, but complaining about your post count, ever single day is old and irritating. Get over it folks, none of your lives depends on this message system. It is boating, fishing, camping season, get away from the computer for a while. Why in the heck is the post count so important to some people, please explain that to me as well as everybody else that is tired of seeing messages about post counts?

Last edited:

achris

A lot of the attitude is coming from people being bombarded many times a day, about the same issues that we all know about and we all are enduring, those of you complaining about issues all of the time are creating a caustic situation, the issues are getting taken care of, slowly but surely, every single person that spends time on here everyday, understands and knows what is going on, but complaining about your post count, ever single day is old and irritating. Get over it folks, none of your lives depends on this message system. It is boating, fishing, camping season, get away from the computer for a while. Why in the heck is the post count so important to some people, please explain that to me as well as everybody else that is tired of seeing messages about post counts?

Exactly!

Bubbasboat

Chief Petty Officer
So I thought I was in the right place to have an opinion, according to the powers that be, about the forum and it's current issues! Why are you telling me I shouldn't have an opinion and voice it here? If not here than WHERE????? Count does not matter in the real world, but here on the forum, IT IS A FUN FACTOR!!! Yes I am yelling!! I've asked this question repeatedly only to get you and others like you burying my question in a pile of!!! If you don't like the question or the subject, than quit running your numbers up by responding to posts that don't concern you!!!! OH, SORRY, numbers don't count!! Your just a good forum MEMBER!!!!!!!

achris

Bubba,

Please cool it... There are many issues with the new software. We are all aware of that, some more important than others. The IT team are aware of them all, and have a list they are working down. These issues are being dealt with and sorted, the forums are getting better everyday. You may not be seeing what YOU want being fixed on a daily basis, and what you consider important may be a long way down on the list, but just be aware, it is on the list... Constantly repeating what you want fixed is not going to get it done any faster, in fact may slow it down, as the IT team ARE reading this thread (and all threads regarding software issues), just to make sure issues members are seeing are on that list. Having to constantly read about the same (trivial) issues just slows the whole process. Post counts might be 'fun factor', but at the moment, 'function factor' is a little higher on the list...

Chris....

midcarolina

Chief Petty Officer
Be careful Bubbasboat........ You and I are not one of the special ones here! the same person replied to my post earlier in this thread about issues with a smart*** comment, think anything was said to him.....NOPE......... I try and lighten the issue up with humor and get my post edited and chastised .......all the while this other person say's what he wants with absolute impunity.

It's just like anu other place in life......... if you aint in the click you aint S

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Everyone needs to take a deep breath. This Thread/Topic is out of control. Any/all rules have been thrown out the door. We need to get back on track. The Mods are going to have a discussion about reopening this Topic........ But this Topic will be closed for the rest of tonite.

Have a good evening.......

WIMUSKY

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Chris, I only have one complaint, why is the font so small on your message??

:)

achris

Chris, I only have one complaint, why is the font so small on your message??

:)

Yeah, Sorry about that... A lot of the posts are running all the paragraphing into one long paragraph... I didn't want that for this post, so I screengrabbed it from the Preview Post and pasted it in as a photo... I guess it has the advantage of making people work a bit harder to read it too... Maybe they'll remember it better :lol:

tpenfield

Staff member
Thanks, Chris and the entire Mod Team for getting things back on track.

I was hoping we could get some sort of 'official' progress report from the folks in the back office as to how far things have progressed, in terms of resolving the technical issues, and how much further there is to go?