The one and only OFFICIAL vBulletin Upgrade vent thread!!!!

britisher

Petty Officer 1st Class
Not complacency at all and your comments are not new, nor are they adding anything but more grief and frustration, which has been stated many times many ways by the management of this system, talking about internet, TV and phone service is comparing apples to oranges, we all pay high prices for those services, and yes, it ticks us off when they don't work correctly. To continually post messages that have been beat to death is doing nothing but preaching to the choir, there has been nothing new said, it has been discussed ad nauseam and things are getting better, slowly but surely, but as has been said and many have chose, take a break and check back every once in a while.

There is no argument any longer, it is what it is and as has been said, it is getting better and will continue to do so, even if it is not fast enough for some.

Then stop treating your members like petulant children and being condescending to them when they raise valid points. That attitude does no favors to the impression that potential new visitors get (assuming they can actually get on). If the problems of this site are so B....I....G, then do the honorable and professional thing and take the site down until normal service can be resumed. There comes a point when SORRY is no longer good enough.
Comments over, I have a living to earn.

Wow, someone needs their Breakfast. Nice does not seem to be part of your MO ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Working great for me right now, no errors, good speed, formatted as it should be, looks like the frustrations of the weekend is over for now, hope it keeps moving in a forward direction.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Then stop treating your members like petulant children and being condescending to them when they raise valid points. That attitude does no favors to the impression that potential new visitors get (assuming they can actually get on). If the problems of this site are so B....I....G, then do the honorable and professional thing and take the site down until normal service can be resumed. There comes a point when SORRY is no longer good enough.
Comments over, I have a living to earn.

As I said, here we go again. By the way, you did notice things seemed to have taken a big leap forward since you started with your rants, right? By the way, they are not "my" members.

Last edited:

rbh

Fleet Admiral
WOO WHO, back to great speed, you IT guys must have stuffed a few pounds of turbo ram in the box this weekend!

Thanks for the great efforts Guys.

(now don't touch anymore buttons or switches or knobs OK LOL)

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
WOO WHO, back to great speed, you IT guys must have stuffed a few pounds of turbo ram in the box this weekend!

Thanks for the great efforts Guys.

You know there is still some tinkering to do, rbh. Baby steps would be OK to get some of the extra features back. :smile: She's screamin' now!

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner

Who me?

wizard-of-oz-1-e1336249338861.png

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
speed is still random. once in a while it is extremely fast, on a few post replies it is still slow and requires a window refresh. however there is a significant improvement over yesterday.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Congrats folks, Site is 100% better than it was when I tried to get on this morning about 8am central time. Many of us have had faith that this would be sorted out and even better than before. Yes it was almost FUBAR'd But I was able to continue to use it and post or reply to postings.
People have been pitchin about their post counts, well I'm sorry by many of those posts are irrelavent to anything and contain no useful information so what differeance does it make as one public figure put it.

toneeees

Administrator
speed is still random. once in a while it is extremely fast, on a few post replies it is still slow and requires a window refresh. however there is a significant improvement over yesterday.

This could be due to us making modifications behind the scenes. When we save, upload, or download things from the server, it tends to slow down.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
I'm still getting The database error and a 15 second delay for any of my posts to be submitted. I'm sorry but... After more than 2 months are you really telling me this can't be fixed. I'm an IT web developer and have been for over 15 years and if I did this to my company I would have been fired long before this!!! There would have been NO acceptable excuse. What IS the problem??

OOOPS! I take it ALL back. When I posted this RANT It was IMMEDIATELY posted in less than 2 secs!!! I guess I'll go eat my CROW NOW!!!! Dang it!!!

I KNEW I shoulda waited longer before I ate that stupid bird. The DB error is BACK with a vengenance and taking 15 secs or more to post!!!!

Velly Intellesting!!! It seems like when I post here it's very FAST. But...On the Restoration Forum, Still having issues. Wonder if it's because the Restoration Forum is SOOOOO Big??? Caching Issue possibly or memory handling???

Last edited:

tpenfield

Staff member
Yea, the performance varies quite a bit. . . I'd say 90% of the time I get the long waiting and the error message. Most of the time, 95% let's call it, the message has posted

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
This started over Memorial Day Weekend, so it certainly has not been two months, that said, I have really figured out some great recipes for "Crow" if you are interested!

:D

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
speed is sporadic. however appears to be getting better
need to hit F5 on about 70% of posts vs 100%
message nofifications on subscribed posts are somewhat working. I can now see which post they are from, however only getting about 50% of them
database error comes up about 30% now (down from 100%)
new topics button is only at the bottom of the screen now vs both top and bottom (sort of like trying to find Waldo)
no link to the volvo penta store in the volvo forum (there is an OMC link)

no more frustrating than raising a teenage daughter. sort of like attempting to nail jello to a tree

redfury

Commander
got a major problem trying to post pictures in my build thread. I tried multiples, I tried single, I resized, I still have problems getting new pictures to post to my threads, I just get a database error and that someone has been notified. Well, someone was notified 2 weeks ago and I'm still having the same problems. I may just have to focus my attention back to classicglastrons.com which would sadden me since this was the original place I started my build ( granted it was a few years ago that I started it! )

tpenfield

Staff member
got a major problem trying to post pictures in my build thread. I tried multiples, I tried single, I resized, I still have problems getting new pictures to post to my threads, I just get a database error and that someone has been notified. Well, someone was notified 2 weeks ago and I'm still having the same problems. I may just have to focus my attention back to classicglastrons.com which would sadden me since this was the original place I started my build ( granted it was a few years ago that I started it! )

Yea, I usually have my pictures on my web site or on photobucket, then just copy/paste the links with the 'IMG" coding. That approach has worked throughout the upgrade. What is easier than doing the "IMG" coding, and seems to work, is just copy/paste the picture into the thread. Uploading does not seem to work with any consistency.

jbcurt00

Staff member
I've been on & off sporadically over the last week or so, and am not sure how much change & improvement has been made on some of the generic posting errors.

I started a new topic & got a posting error when I submitted the initial post and another when I posted my 2nd post in that Topic. And there was a pretty big 'working'[/] lag for both posts.

If it's still a work in progress, please ignore this post.

EDIT: This posted fairly quick, w/ no error, perhaps it was the 6pix I loaded from PB in both of the posts w/ an error.

Last edited:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
There are lot of issues that have been resolved and more that need to be addressed. The Mods/Admin have an updated list of what still needs to be fixed. I'm sure the IT dept will be back at it this a.m.

tpenfield

Staff member
The only thing that I have noticed recently when posting is that the error message comes much quicker, and then you can refresh to see your post. It sounds like that the process of resolving this is real nitty-gritty and not something of the sort that you will see a dramatic improvement.