The one and only OFFICIAL vBulletin Upgrade vent thread!!!!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
In Plain English! "NEW POST" Link is Gone!!!

In Plain English! YOU ARE CORRECT!!! NEW POST has been gone since the NEW VERSION!!! Now called NEW TOPICS!!! Look at the screen capture above, do you see NEW TOPICS?

MikDee

Banned
In Plain English! YOU ARE CORRECT!!! NEW POST has been gone since the NEW VERSION!!! Now called NEW TOPICS!!! Look at the screen capture above, do you see NEW TOPICS?

Don't get your dander up, I'm just repeating what redneck joe said in another post I said "New Topics" in my previous post here, and I wanted to make it clear, & understandable what I said, so I just reposted quoting what redneck joe.said

No, I do not have a "New Topics" link on my home page, there is just a blue bar with "Forums" at the far left end, nothing else?

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Post count. Some say it counts and others say it doesn't. Either way, it's not working! Any idea when it might be?

Been working just fine for me, I will trade what I am doing and worry about post count for a while, I am rebuilding the toilet in my RV, so I could worry about posts counts for a while, if you finish this job up for me!

:laugh:

NYBo

Admiral
If a new post goes through smoothly, your post count goes up. If there is any sort of error, it doesn't. I'm sending all my per-post incentive pay to MTboatguy anyway, so he can buy lots of disinfectant.

EDIT: There was an error posting this one, so no disinfectant for you, MT!

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Don't get your dander up, I'm just repeating what redneck joe said in another post I said "New Topics" in my previous post here, and I wanted to make it clear, & understandable what I said, so I just reposted quoting what redneck joe.said

No, I do not have a "New Topics" link on my home page, there is just a blue bar with "Forums" at the far left end, nothing else?

Why repeat what other members post? Whether Joe said new topics or new posts, I'm sure the support staff got the message. And he posted the comment in the Issues topic, so I'm positive the staff saw it. Did you see what toneeees said about repeatedly posting the same problems? It takes time away from the support staff trying to find and fix the issues.
As far as seeing New Topics on your home page, did you look where at least three have told you to look?

Last edited:

MikDee

Banned
Okay, Here's one for you all, it boggles the mind???

I open the link to iboats forum, and I get a new small home page that says "Sections"? I scroll down and I'm in forums? I scroll down further to the bottom of the page, and I see a "Topics" button, I click on it, and I'm in topics?

So, now I decide to go to full page, and the old home page comes up with just "Forums" at the top left of the blue bar?

Then I decide to search iboats forums on IE, figuring maybe the home page was changed, and I have a stale link? But No, I get the same old home page I have as a favorite link?

What's going on???

b20

Petty Officer 3rd Class
mikdee,you're using a 'bookmarked' link, yes? i use that and i have no problems, jumps straight to my favorite forum.check the link address is still valid.it might be trying to link to a now invalid link.and i have to say that reading all the problem, and encountering a few, this is still be best forums for advice.thanks guys.some of us don't look the gift horse in the mouth.so it's new software and i have to look around a bit to find my old buttons.just like microsoft do to us every time they bring out a new system.

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member
If a new post goes through smoothly, your post count goes up. If there is any sort of error, it doesn't. I'm sending all my per-post incentive pay to MTboatguy anyway, so he can buy lots of disinfectant.

I will happily add any post count incentive pay to this ^^^ most noble purpose. So far for the last 2 days I'm 12 & 35, so we're in the red 23posts. Sorry MT, I'll try to hit ya next time :blue:

jbcurt00

Staff member

I will happily add any post count incentive pay to this ^^^ most noble purpose. So far for the last 2 days I'm 12 & 35, so we're in the red 23posts. Sorry MT, I'll try to hit ya next time :blue:

EDIT: dang, with this post's error msg, I'm 12 & 36, so we're in the red 24posts.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I just gave up and ordered a new toilet. I just don't get what the big deal is, things are not quite working right, but at least they are working for the most part, you would think this is life and death and I just don't understand why...

Last edited:

b20

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I just gave up and ordered a new toilet. I just don't get what the big deal is, things are not quite working right, but at least they are working for the most part, you would think this is life and death and I just don't understand why...

finally, sanity prevails.for all those people bleating about how this and that doesn't work.get you head out of your ***.and get a life.better still,take a can of gas and a box of matches and go play on the freeway, and leave the adults to play here.

Bit ott. hope not,don't want to get 'mod edited',again.

Last edited by a moderator:

MikDee

Banned
mikdee,you're using a 'bookmarked' link, yes? i use that and i have no problems, jumps straight to my favorite forum.check the link address is still valid.it might be trying to link to a now invalid link.and i have to say that reading all the problem, and encountering a few, this is still be best forums for advice.thanks guys.some of us don't look the gift horse in the mouth.so it's new software and i have to look around a bit to find my old buttons.just like microsoft do to us every time they bring out a new system.

Yes, it is a favorite link in IE11, when I click on it, I get a partial page, a new looking "Home Page" with "Sections" at the top. Once I resize the page, I get the old home page with "Forums" on the left side of the blue bar, no other words there anymore? I did a search on IE for iboats forums, and clicked on it and I was back to the same old home page, with only "Forums" at the top? I'm about to give up on all this, and go away for awhile.

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Have you tried to scoll down? Have you tried on a different computer, and/or used a different browser? Are you using a lower screen resolution so the text appears larger? (Try resetting the screen to 'native' resolution). Are you using a phone to browser, because that's what happens on my SII... (and why haven't you emailed me yet?)

midcarolina

Chief Petty Officer
Yes, it is a favorite link in IE11, when I click on it, I get a partial page, a new looking "Home Page" with "Sections" at the top. Once I resize the page, I get the old home page with "Forums" on the left side of the blue bar, no other words there anymore? I did a search on IE for iboats forums, and clicked on it and I was back to the same old home page, with only "Forums" at the top? I'm about to give up on all this, and go away for awhile.

Go into your control panel/internet settings and delete browsing history and delete all stored temp files....... but I think you are seeing what you should be all I see is forums at the top just like you.....the new topics link has moved to near the bottom directly above iboats boating forum directory ( about 90% down the page )

But I do not really use the new topics link right now......as I think the search quarry is corrupted some of the time and does not post all new topics......

MikDee

Banned
Hooray! My "New Topic" heading is back! :happy: Along with "Mark as Read" and "Members List" My thanks to the Team for finally realizing what I, and a few other posters meant ;) I've been using the "New Topics" at the bottom of the page for the last 2 days.

GA_Boater

Hooray! My "New Topic" heading is back! :happy: Along with "Mark as Read" and "Members List" My thanks to the Team for finally realizing what I, and a few other posters meant ;) I've been using the "New Topics" at the bottom of the page for the last 2 days.

I'm sure they knew from your very first post about it judging by the responses.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
:pop2: Just going to sit here and eat popcorn

MikDee

Banned
Site went offline as I was trying to reply, Boomyal, and redneck joe mentioned it in other posts at the same time, rather then tag on to their posts, I came here to mention issues, and describe it? That's what I thought this thread was all about, and I got chastised

achris

More fish than mountain goat

I've never had a problem with it being visible on the opening page of any sub-forum. Mik, check your settings... (in the user panel, under 'settings')