Stuff is going to hit the fan!

SCO

Lieutenant
Re: Stuff is going to hit the fan!

This is all thought provoking. I think why I have the perceptions I do, and it comes down to what I saw and see of the everyman in the Middle east, being anti usa, thinking we are the great satan, cheering when the towers were bombed, what odd job said in his last post re muslim school children in the usa, the lack of response or protests from muslims in the USA post 911 (The Spanish Bask people immediately voiced their disapproval of the Madrid Train bombing for contrast example), and seeing newsreports of how UBL was a hero in the middle east which I associated with his success as a terrorist, and also understanding the human nature of resentment that people will have correctly or incorrectly. Allowed to continue with success against us, the everyman muslim I suspect will follow the terrorist way of thinking. If we take the leaders out, they will not. I do have pause though with the recollection of the effect of Santa Ana's killing of Fannin's men post surrender at Coleto creek in the Texas Revolution. That cost Mexico Texas.

Toad2001

Chief Petty Officer

I think you are right on the money JB. Unfortunately the Isrealis don't have an Atlantic Ocean to serve as a buffer zone. :(

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

SCO, r u being polarized as I type, being pushed<br />over the line ??? these radical terrorists are<br />no diff. than a kid joining a gang stateside.<br />they got nothing else to live for. easy pickings<br />IMHO!<br />how do you break the chain?<br />we haven't figured it out yet here, nevermind<br />around the world...

SCO

Lieutenant

ARRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRR<br />I think yr right MY

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

as always SCO, the real answer lays somewhere in the middle IMHO....

gaugeguy

Captain

Just tink of the Muslims that are going to lose it when we do take out UBL. He's a hero to many. You are right MY, a lot of bigwigs are paid big $$ to come up with a peace plan, still not working. Each side has to give up more than they are willing to give, it is a frustrating mess.

SCO

Lieutenant

We do know police force doesnt work. You have to defeat them I'm afraid. Once you gravitate to that position, anything else is a waste of time and life. I guarantee though, that after we do disengage, after they realize the jihad did not solidify, after we have taken out UBL his leadership and Saddams, the next leadership will think more than twice about taking us on, as Hamas illustrated, as Kadafi has shown. UBL and Saddam were emboldened by the successes they had and our inability to do anything about it. Put Kerry in there and we will be back in that same soup given time. That Saddam, "Uncle, Uncle, I quit" then a year later "You dont have my arm behind my back , I don't have to do what you say and you havn't got the guts to come back over here. chickens" Whatever happens, whoever the next leader is, GW must be praised as the hero he is, if not for anything else but for the deterrent effect. That middle area is probably somewhere between the good cop and the bad cop. The good cop's power though is the threat that the bad cop may have to come back to the interrogation room.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

"the next leadership will think more than twice about taking us on"...<br />couldn't agree more! quagmire...<br />how u perform under real pressure is the true test!

SCO

Lieutenant

I mean the new terrorist leaders. They need to know that we wont hesitate to get right back in their faces. Is that realistic,... I hope so.

Toad2001

Chief Petty Officer

Thats assuming they think at all... :rolleyes:

SCO

Lieutenant

Yes it is to most of us. What troubles me are the distortions put out by the left to win an election. Look whats happening right now with these 911 hearings. The truth will be self evident, but the left works very hard to distort that, and I fear they could be successful. Kerry wants to make GW into a disgrace, true or not.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

your fear is unfounded IMHO my friend...<br />Kerry is broke, GW has several million to spend<br />right now ;) he's a lock!<br />we need to, and WILL finish what we started.<br />we all understand it's the right thing to do,<br />but folks wanna sensationalize every little bit<br />for ratings right now for ratings/press....<br />ain't real.<br />GW hasn't even begun to fight mr. snowboarder :p <br />have faith still...

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

a perfect example of what I was saying:<br />(source msnbc.com)<br />"In the West Bank Wednesday, a 16-year-old Palestinian was caught <br />at an Israeli roadblock with a bomb vest strapped to his body." ... <br />"The teen’s brother said the boy is gullible and easily manipulated."

gaugeguy

Captain

I saw the newsreel on that. They made the boy strip down and take the explosives off of himself, he looked pretty scared. He also had the look that he really didn't understand what was going on, almost like he was a little mentally incompetent.<br /><br />I also heard the man that replaced Yassin said he has authorized the use of children being made into suicide bombers as long as they were over 16.<br />It is a mess.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Hello.<br />I deliberately stayed out of this one.I spent nearly 30 years in Israel,and of those, quite a few in the army.So i suspect that I am rather prejudiced.<br />try this website.It is fairly evenhanded and gives real good editorials.<br /> http://directory.kol-israel.com/asites/? <br />and then go to haaretz english and punch "read".

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

excerpt from Jeruselem post from rolmops link:<br /><br />"Last week, Israeli soldiers discovered a bag of explosives in the possession of an 11-year old Palestinian child at the same checkpoint"

SCO

Lieutenant

I saw news about that one. The kid in that case was unaware, and had a phone activated bomb in the bag. When he came to the checkpoint, phone rang, but bomb did not go off.

gaugeguy

Captain

Rolmops, you have first hand experience with the Palestinians, exactly why you should be throwing your opinions into the mix. <br /><br />I read a few article from the Juruselem Post, and I just cannot fathom raising children over there and being in constant fear of having them shot or blown up.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Hello Gaugeguy.<br />My opinion on the palestinians is made up of gut feelings, the feelings of a soldier who is being shot at,has seen them through his sights, is mostly interested in getting home in one piece and is known to have pulled the trigger. On top of that,it is the opinion of a father who has one daughter living in Tel -Aviv and one daughter who plans to go to university in Israel next year.<br />I do not think that I could express my feelings on less than 10 pages and I doubt that it would be very rational.<br />All I can do is pray for peace.It is either that, or sending a lot of them to kingdom come and becoming less of a human being and becoming more like the thing we despise.