Stuff is going to hit the fan!

SCO

Lieutenant
Re: Stuff is going to hit the fan!

In agreement, but the war is with the radical faction. A general populas is following that faction, especially in Gaza. If we do not confront that faction, they will become the goats leading the sheep just like the Germans following the Nazis. Why is it that the spiritual leaders are also the heads of the radical groups? Maybe the radical faction is radical due to how far they are willing to take the ideology. Do they all have the same basic ideology? I concede an ignorance MY.

Toad2001

Chief Petty Officer

Abdel-Aziz al-Rantissi who replaces Yassin, maintains that the US is not a target. It is all out war though between Hamas and Israel in Isreali and Palestinian territories.<br /><br />I think the reason why every world leader has concerns (some much more vocal than others) about how this played out (with the exceptiion of Isreal) is that this is not the road to peace. Both sides were making progress in recent months. This is a huge setback that will get very ugly.<br /><br />If Isreal can behave this way, why didn't the US just assassinate Saddam rather that ruin Iraq's infrastructure, and kill 10,000 Iraqi's and over 500 soldiers?<br /><br /> :confused:

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Toad, We handled Saddam differently cuz we are trying to build up their nation into a democracy.Whoever wins between these two will be the last one standing. War is he11, its bloody, nasty and down right harsh. I cant fault them (Israel)for their method. How do the palastines kill their enemies?????? suicide bombers. Who are there enemies????? All of Israel including women and children. As far as Im concerned if the palinstines want to follow terrorists then they got what they deserved allthough many more should follow.<br /><br />Oh and Im sure the reason they resinded their threats to us is because we dont mess around when we are attacked. As well as they dont want to mess with us AND Israel at same time..........

oddjob

Commander

Toad <br /><br />
If Isreal can behave this way, why didn't the US just assassinate Saddam rather that ruin Iraq's infrastructure, and kill 10,000 Iraqi's and over 500 soldiers?<br />
Because if we did that then you (apeasers) wouldnt be nearly as upset as your are now. :)

SCO

Lieutenant

Is there really a road to peace with Hamas building its base on a structure of radical Islam that doesn't allow for the right of Israel to exist? Or is it a shell game to buy time and growth of power?

Toad2001

Chief Petty Officer

Hi mikeandronda,<br /><br />I'm just being devils advocate here, but if that is the difference, who gives the US the right topple a government by force and implement a democracy?

SCO

Lieutenant

The law of the jungle? From my perspective, it is like the smoking in public issue. Iraq can have its own government so long as it respects that others have theirs too. Once it violates that, then the law of the jungle rules. Id be perfectly happy to live and let live if the middle east would too. That is not good enough for them.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

these radicals prey on uneducated, poor young men<br />and women who they use as guinea pigs to do their<br />will. the Koran actually teaches peace and understanding<br />and is deffinatly against killing and suicide.<br />radicals have baztardized their "bible" and used<br />religion to move ahead in their political agenda.<br />most of Islam does not agree with these radical<br />intrepetations and feel much different.

SCO

Lieutenant

THe question then becomes "how do you keep the radical faction from gaining sway with the general populus and becoming the norm?" Do we repeat Chamberlin's mistake? Do we have peace in our time? Or will it take another world war(millions died) to solve the problem if we dont nip it in the bud. Prune now.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Toad,<br /> The day the Iraqi gorvernment tried to assasinate our president, it became our right to wipe them off ther face of the earth. Lucky for them we didnt. Just think what we would do if there were constant attack on our country like Israel gos through.

gaugeguy

Captain

why didn't the US just assassinate Saddam rather that ruin Iraq's infrastructure, and kill 10,000 Iraqi's and over 500 soldiers?<br /><br />
We tried, the opening salvo of the war was a couple 2000 pound bombs and some cruise missiles looking to decapitate the regime before the war even started. The intelligence was flawed though.<br /><br />Isreal's Mosad has some very good intelligence.

oddjob

Commander

most of Islam does not agree with these radical<br />intrepetations and feel much different.
We've yet to here from them. Why is that message not getting out. Why are these folks not speaking out against the terrorists and hamas? <br /><br />I remember one week after 9/11, there was/is a muslim school somewhere near the Hudson River...Some news group out to share the spin that America deserves this, interveiwed the childred of this school. They were well spoken, educated, and spewing hatred towards America and praising Osama. They laughed in our/your face, in our own country...(reminds me of liberals today)....then they tried to take it all back 1 or 2 weels later. I dont have cable, so I know some of you had to have seen this. <br /><br />Somehow I'm not getting the " WE ARE NOT THESE PEOPLE" from the civil muslim world. <br /><br />If you ignor a crime against someone, then you are an accomplice/appeaser to the atrocity.<br /><br />By the way, my last statment is NOT my opinion. IT IS A SOCIAL MORE! :)

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

they don't have such sway SCO... like in most<br />situations, most are moderate and there are a<br />small number of radicals on each end of the<br />spectrum.<br />maybe if isreal gave them their own state and<br />stopped building sellements illeagally on their<br />territories, it might help? and what's up with<br />that fence they are building?<br />not to say they deserve ANY atrocities, but they<br />are not without some responsiblility IMO.<br />I only fear that these types of actions will play<br />right into the terrorists hands and push a number<br />of people over the edge towards the extreme.<br />more polarization at the very least and that is<br />never conducive to peace....

bluewater19

Chief Petty Officer

Is there not a difference between trying to kill the head of a foreign state and killing the head of a terrorist group? Like it or not Saddam was the leader of another country and I think that there is a law on the books about that or something. I'm sure we could have pulled the trigger on Saddam before we went to war with him. You can bet that if CNN could find him, someone with a gun could also.

Toad2001

Chief Petty Officer

Saddam's been referred to as a terrorist so many times, I think its a pretty fuzzy line. He allegedly funded so many suicide bombers...

SCO

Lieutenant

on a lighter note, did Dan Rather have a duty to take him out???

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

all of these radical leaders are complete fakes,<br />so-damn included... just a means to an end for <br />them. they use religion as a form of control.

SCO

Lieutenant

yeabut, control is control.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hmmm. Three thoughts.<br /><br />Israel going after Yassin is very parallel to our going after Bin Laden. Difference? They got their guy first.<br /><br />"(Those who would appease). . are blind to history's clear lesson . . . that appeasement but begets new and bloodier war." Douglas MacArthur <br /><br />What if we cut a deal with Israel's Mossad to find OBL for us?