Stuff is going to hit the fan!

gaugeguy

Captain
Re: Stuff is going to hit the fan!

Hi Rolmops, that wasn't 10 pages long, it was completely rational, and it gives an insight to what it looks like from the inside out. Thanks.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

Rolmops, I have often thought making Jeruselem<br />an international city with international govt/<br />police force was a good idea. it is one of the<br />most important religious sites in the world.<br />hallowed ground for SO many around the world.<br />not that I think Israel would go for it now...<br />your thoughts? kinda like vatican city in Rome<br />or D.C. here in US....

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Hello mellow yellow.<br />Personally I do not think that anybody who has any power in Jerusalem would want to give any of it up.<br />What you are proposing is a very honest and idealistic idea.The problem with it is that the United Nations seemed to be a great idea in 1948,but would you want to live under its rule today?<br />Nobody in his right mind will give up real or imagined safety and/or power for the possible alternatives that international rule will provide.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

I'm sorry, but I have never understood "religious sites" and "hallowed ground".<br /><br />The only ones that count are in our hearts and souls.<br /><br />************************************<br />On a much lighter side;<br />I still like the idea of giving the state of Maine to Israel. Have them all relocate here. Let the knuckleheads have that little strip of land.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

There is a popular believe in israel that G-d promised Canada to Abraham and Canaan is just a spelling mistake that has crept into the scriptures.<br />Roscoe,I suspect that like most people you will never understand until you have actually walked on it.Then you still won't understand ,but you will feel it

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

There is no physical location or object on earth that can have more importance than what is in my heart or soul.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

I think I feel the same way, but for me surroundings do help.It is probably ungrounded,but it used to give me a very special feeling to step out my door ,walk 200 feet to the edge of our canyon and look out over the sea of Galilee 1500 feet below and the hills of the Galilee beyond it.