Stuff is going to hit the fan!

boatingfool

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Stuff is going to hit the fan!

The people paying the bills :D
You are not talking about the taxpayer are you??<br /><br />I dont think the UN answers to the American people. They have proven that.

Bondo

Staff member

Direct from the White House....<br />
Isreal has the Right to Defend Itself.<br />We call on All parties to work towards Pease Process.
;)

Ralph 123

Captain

You bet BF. You stop paying the bills and they are no longer able to exist. If the American People get angry enough it will be possible to pull out.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Hey bondo,<br /><br />Is that the ramblings of a war mongering, C average student, or is it the correct responce to something we have no control over.<br /><br />I can't wait for the lefts reaction to GW's statement. Not only that it is consistant with the message he put forth 3.5 years ago.

boatingfool

Chief Petty Officer

Ralph,<br /><br />How much angrier do we have to get???<br /><br />They have already cost us more American blood than had to be shed. <br /><br />I honestly do not think the UN gives a Dam what the American people think.<br /><br />Are own poloticians dont even care. They just tell us what we want to hear to get our votes. <br /><br />Its the sad reality. :(

KennyKenCan

Commander

Now is the time to expell the United Nations out of New York, and for the U.S.A. to withdraw from it too.<br /><br />Just how much longer are American Citizens going to put up with the knives being stabbed into our backs!<br /><br />I could care less what the U.N. thinks anymore.<br /><br />Anything the U.N. says cannot be trusted, because the U.N. has but one ajenda,<br /><br /> TO DESTROY THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, at any cost!<br /><br />It's time for the American Citizens to see this, and time for us to react to it also.<br /><br />World War III has begun, and it's the World and the lieing news media, against the United States and Isreal!!

Bondo

Staff member

POINTER94'<br />I didn't think much of the grammar,<br />But that's the WH press release....

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

kinda reminds me of the story of the old bull and<br />the young bull sitting on top of the hill looking<br />down at a herd of cows....

Ralph 123

Captain

Totally agree BF. If Bush is reelected AND the UN is found with lots of dirty hands, then I think the President will have the political clout and mandate from the people to pull out or at the very least expell the HQ from US soil. Let them put it in Somalia.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

while strong emotions here are totally founded,<br />we should not be so quick to over-react IMHO.<br /><br />young bull: let's run down there and have our way<br />with one of them cows!<br /><br />old bull: no, let's walk down calmly, in control,<br />and have our way with all of them ;) <br /><br />is the fever against them deserved? YES!<br />but we should not forget what separates us from <br />them... there are perhaps far better punishments<br />that serve our ultimate interests in the long run?<br /><br />if you do a search re: oil/food, you will see I<br />have known this for a long time. the real question<br />is how do we best use this for our advantage?

Ralph 123

Captain

the real question<br />is how do we best use this for our advantage?<br />
We use it to throw the SOBs out and bring down a few haughty foreign governments. Paris is my favorite city in the world bar none, and I am anxious to be able to visit it again. ;)

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I totally agree that every contry has a right to defend itself. But, I think killing the founding member of Hamas, Sheik Ahmed Yassin will do nothing. He will just be replaced.<br /><br />I totally agree with the UN bashing. They are pathetic. U.N was created to prevent another Hitler, but the let Saddam go free, and let terrorists run free in Palestine. Why didnt the U.N. go in and kick the Palestine terrorist leaders butt. Why did the U.N. let Israel occupy thier land for so long. The U.N. is not supposed to let these leaders get away with this, and yet they do. One has to ask themselves, WHY?<br /><br />Ken

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

MY heart agrees 100% Ralph, but my mind is still<br />lagging behind wondering if there isn't a better<br />plan...<br />keep your friends close, but keep your enemies<br />closer (godfather)<br />while they deserve to be cast out, what would we<br />be able to accomplish while they were lame ducks<br />here?<br />don't have answer, but still pondering....<br />whatcha think?

Ralph 123

Captain

Ya MY, but you have to remember, Vito got shot. Michael killed all his enemies. :D <br /><br />Tom: "Michael. You've won. Do you want to kill everyone?"<br /><br />Michael: "..Just my enemies.. Are you going to come along in these things I need to do?"

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

are we to this point of no negotiation/no return<br />already in your opinoin Ralphy?seems kinda fast...

Ralph 123

Captain

Been building for decades. What the French and Germans did in the Security Council sealed their fate. We may never have had to go in if they backed the final resolution. They made war inevitable. They were arrogant enough to think we would not go in w/o them.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

deff. agree about ulterior motives that prevented<br />us having UN majority rule back then... but what<br />about now? the future? isn't there a better way<br />to play these cards?<br />not 2 b contrite, I value your opinion sir.<br />ain't many who can out debate me... :p

Ralph 123

Captain

I think the negatives outweigh the positives at this point. We may be able to get some good PR by being magnanamous but, as I have learned, goodwill is worthless in today's world. When you have your back against the wall and ask your "friends" for help they stab you in the back.<br /><br />Since you like the Godfather, I'll give you another "leadership" quote from the very beginning of the movie when Don Vito is talking to the Undertaker:<br /><br />"...and then by chance if an honest man like you should make enemies, they would become my enemies and then my friend, they would fear you."<br /><br />Unfortunately my experience and study have taught me that gratitude is the least felt human emotion. Fear on the other hand, is a very strong emotion. Therefore, it is better to be feared than to be liked (in general).

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Always wondered why the fish never liked me, now I know. :D

SCO

Lieutenant

This is analogous to the USA Iraq situation or Afghanistan for that matter, analogous to taking on UBL, Alqueda. If you do nothing they will kill you, if you do something they threaten to kill you even more. Israels restraint in the past has been a form of appeasment, and look where it has gotten them. It has allowed those that want to remove them from the face of the earth to organize and become stronger than even the PLO(Hamas was founded in 1987). Same for us. They are not ever going to accept us. We have no choice but to fight them no matter how bad it gets now that the WMD genie is out of the box. From the Israeli perspective, there is no better time to become aggressive than now. We are there to check the response of the organized nations. From our perspective, best stamp out the fires in Afghanistan and Iraq first. And to answer PW even before he replies ;) , yes, might just get a gigantic forest fire...no guarantees with either appeasment or action.