STARCRAFT OWNERS Check in

Jeepcollector91

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: STARCRAFT OWNERS Check in

I just picked up another starcraft last night.
This one is a 16' jupiter. If someone could tell me how to tell the year from the serial number it would be greatly apreciated.
There's no HIN on the back of the hull on this one.
This is the way I got it, so it will never be restored back to original... But I'm still not sure on what kind of layout I'm going to do with it yet.

photo0408n.jpg

photo0406u.jpg

photo0409t.jpg

Did the older Jupiters have a flatter bottom and 3 knee braces? My 1966 Jupiter has only 1 knee brace & a deeper V at the rear.

Attachments

• IMG_1908.JPG
    IMG_1908.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1912.JPG
    IMG_1912.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 1

Jared129

Recruit

Well here I go....after reading the posts and browsing for a long time, I finally got around to officially joining so here is the introduction :) Jared from Maine, 1966 18' Holiday! Awaiting restoration as soon as time and finances permit.....

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 0

MichaelP

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Sweet. Another Mainer with a SC project. Welcome aboard Jared. Nice find, and a OB to boot. Post up a new resto thread so we can get all the juicy details.

Part-time

Chief Petty Officer

Did the older Jupiters have a flatter bottom and 3 knee braces? My 1966 Jupiter has only 1 knee brace & a deeper V at the rear.
I went and looked at my Dad's Starcraft this weekend. His is a 1966 16' Jupiter as well. It's the same as yours. He cut the deck out,made a side console, and a casting deck. I'll bring my camera along when I go back next weekend.

Didn't know about this thread. Below is the thread link to the pics I posted of my newest aquisition. I wil add a pic here and the story on her....
This is getting ridiculous......am I insane? Someone P-L-E-A-S-E tell me they have done what I just have....I have purchased 3 boats in the last month. Each time I think "this is the one", I find one better suited to my purpose. I finally settled on this boat, (pics attached) as it has steering controls and throttle controls.....something I was going to add to the "last purchase". The guy I got it from, said he bought it from an estate sale just for the motor. He said it had only one owner. The original owner used it one year then had a stroke, and it has sat ever since. I only found one registration sticker on the boat for the year it was purchased, (1963) but there are 2 coast guard stickers on it without numbers, one on each side. I find it hard to believe that a one owner boat could have an interior that looks like this, but maybe they stripped it. The exterior looks great. It appears to be the original paint, but am not sure if it's the original trailer. The rub guards aren't cracked or damaged but the dash and floor are fried. There is an empty hole, and I'm not sure what guage went in there. Also, and my biggest and most burning question: The ID plate says this boat is rated for a 75hp engine. This is just a teeny boat, and I'm wondering if this is correct? What did these boats originally come with? It has Evenrude controls for the steering and throttle. Any help and responses are greatly appreciated. I paid $200 for her, I hope I did okay.....1340247356-picsay.jpg

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=558906

kablar

Recruit

Hello good people ,
this site is motivated me to get this boat and probably during winter time to restore it .
This is a 15 " Jet star 1986 with Johnson 60 HP 1970.She was really ugly , stil is ,but I painted gun vales ,hull and trailer with the boat on it .
On the motor replace the imepler ,went to fishing everything was fine and all of a sudden I heat bottom under neat ,motor jump of the water and after that no power.Everything was dead ,no any sound couldn't start any more.
All pissed of get back home ,open lid everything looks fine no lossen wires or something like that .Need to bring some mechanic to fix I don't now where to look it ?
Any hints will be highly appreciated !!!!

I am going to used for this season to go fishing and winter resto coming.
Boat was a present from somebody didn't like it anymore.Good price :cool:
I got lots of other goodies with this :Two fish finder ,one is like machine gun removable,another inflatable boat Mariner 4,Small Kota trolling ,two pairs of vessels,4 safety Wests and all other jazz that go with boat.

By the way is anybody please can point or link me or resto where somebody was cutting a hull and reduce it ,for more space inside ,can't find anymore that tread.
Went first time for fishing with my Bride no space !

IMGP0008.jpg

IMGP0007.jpg

IMGP0006-1.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

North Beach

Commander

JC the early 60s models had flatter bottoms. In 64 Starcraft went with the v bottom on the 18 and 22foot boats and in 65 went to the concave V which is what you have. Sometime during 65, 66, or I guess 67 the smaller runabouts followed suit but the brochures don't paint a clear picture as to when this happened. We haven't really been able to determine how the knee brace thing sorts out since all of the published info doesnt mention the braces.

kablar

Recruit

Thank you jasoutside I'll be looking on that one

Part-time

Chief Petty Officer

I'm now on my 3rd Starcraft in less than 3 weeks.
First was the '76 18ss
Photo0395.jpg
then there was the '64 16ft Jupiter
Photo0408.jpg
and now a 69' 15ft Jetstar
jetstar01.jpg jetstar02.jpg jetstar03.jpg

Jeepcollector91

Petty Officer 3rd Class

JC the early 60s models had flatter bottoms. In 64 Starcraft went with the v bottom on the 18 and 22foot boats and in 65 went to the concave V which is what you have. Sometime during 65, 66, or I guess 67 the smaller runabouts followed suit but the brochures don't paint a clear picture as to when this happened. We haven't really been able to determine how the knee brace thing sorts out since all of the published info doesnt mention the braces.

Thanks for the info. I am almost finished with the restoration of my '66 Jupiter. All that is left is to install the windshield, the new floor, & the 1985 Johnson 115.

Part-time

Chief Petty Officer

Great collection!
Thank you...

By the way is anybody please can point or link me or resto where somebody was cutting a hull and reduce it ,for more space inside ,can't find anymore that tread.
Went first time for fishing with my Bride no space !
Here are some pics of my father's boat. I'll be doing something similar to my 16ft Jupiter as well seeing someone has already cut out the deck.
2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 7.jpg

NBholiday

Recruit

hi guys, new to this site, looks great. i have a 1974 starcraft holiday V 18' with an '86 johnson 115hp motor. not sure how to post pics but im in the middle of redoing the interior as it is showing it's age. the floor was rotten as were some of the side panels, also over the years people have added to the wiring and made a real mess so now nothing seems to work right.
any info you guys might have as to where to go for marine accessories like guages, seats etc. would be helpful.
thanks a bunch.

Silver Eagle

Master Chief Petty Officer

We have a 24 ft StarCraft pontoon boat. It's a 2007 with a 90 hp Two stroke Engine. Holds 14 people and or a weight of 1950.

badkins50

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Finally! I FOUND MINE! Been looking for a tin project for a long time. It's a 1969 Chieftain V21. The interior has been stripped out and the outboard was sold off it. The transom needs replaced so I will replace the deck as well while everything is out. The aluminum is mint all around. Not a dent, gouge, crack, missing rivet anywhere. Under the decking looks great too. Used only on lake Erie its whole life. The trailer is in good shape and only needs the little things - lights, tires, sanding and painting which I end up doing to all my trailers anyway.

The best part of all, my dad knew the seller so he told me if I like it just take it free. I couldn't hook up fast enough. For some reason I can't add pics from my iPhone so I'll post back later. I'm sure I'll see you all over in the restore threads too.