Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

barato2

Commander
Re: Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

and it's not really too different in usability from the SS. save your MBS $ for either something bigger like a cruiser or something smaller like a 12-14'. (says the guy who should be taking his own advice and not looking at that early-60s glasser cruiser, very similar to his Starchief, for 400 OBO.....:facepalm:)

WBowness

Cadet

It's mine! Thanks to this thread, I'm a Starcraft owner....
16' Holiday, 60hp Merc. with a 71/2hp kicker! we're fishing now! :D (well soon anyway...can't pick it up for two weeks)

Starcraft Holiday.jpg

Deadwood

Chief Petty Officer

it's mine! Thanks to this thread, i'm a starcraft owner....
16' holiday, 60hp merc. With a 71/2hp kicker! We're fishing now! :d (well soon anyway...can't pick it up for two weeks)

congratulations!!!!;)

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

It's mine! Thanks to this thread, I'm a Starcraft owner....
16' Holiday, 60hp Merc. with a 71/2hp kicker! we're fishing now! :D (well soon anyway...can't pick it up for two weeks)

Congrats! You're gonna love that boat.

barato2

Commander

can't pick it up for two weeks)

(Mommy, is it Christmas yet?) ;)

JD in Milwaukee

Petty Officer 1st Class

I can't believe how low it's gotten. That's a V5 hull as well. From the pic it looks like the skeg is broke off. Maybe there's more we don't see?? The interior is a little rough but at that age they all are. Man, that still seems like a steal for a V5 on a tandem axle trailer. That's a serious boat at what seems like rock bottom pricing.
http://saginaw.craigslist.org/boa/3055373503.html

This is down to $2000... I wonder why its been listed for so long with no bites?

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

I dunno guys, the Merc would have to be a good runner to bring $2K as that boat is a total rebuild. If the Merc checks than $2K seems ok but if it doesn't that's a $1K ish boat. It's totally awesome hull but this is one of those examples of a rig that looks pretty good overall (cuz it doesn't have a tree growing out of the cabin) yet still needs a total redo.

I just noticed...

Take a look at the trailer tongue - the fella that buys that Islander better have a pick up truck. If I were to tow that with my Yukon XL the bow of that boat would come right through my rear window the first driveway I pulled into:eek:

Gibbles

Commander

I dunno guys, the Merc would have to be a good runner to bring $2K as that boat is a total rebuild. If the Merc checks than $2K seems ok but if it doesn't that's a $1K ish boat. It's totally awesome hull but this is one of those examples of a rig that looks pretty good overall (cuz it doesn't have a tree growing out of the cabin) yet still needs a total redo.

I just noticed...

Take a look at the trailer tongue - the fella that buys that Islander better have a pick up truck. If I were to tow that with my Yukon XL the bow of that boat would come right through my rear window the first driveway I pulled into:eek:

Around here $1500 - 2k would be a good deal on that.

and your right about the trailer... wow!

jacobean 08

Cadet

http://saginaw.craigslist.org/boa/3055373503.html

This is down to $2000... I wonder why its been listed for so long with no bites?

If I hadn't already shot my wad on my 18ft SS I would make the trip myself just to satisfy my curiosity.

Come on you guys you are closer to this (distance wise) than I am. Port Huron is close and Midland should be even closer!!!!!!!

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant

If I hadn't already shot my wad on my 18ft SS I would make the trip myself just to satisfy my curiosity.

Come on you guys you are closer to this (distance wise) than I am. Port Huron is close and Midland should be even closer!!!!!!!

Its maybe 10 min from my finance's house... Id have to sell one of the current boats to fund a new project... (listed the Jet a couple hours ago) so we will see. Don't need to identical sized boats, and have a cruiser class boat has a certain appeal... :D

JD in Milwaukee

Petty Officer 1st Class

Without a doubt the merc would need to be a good runner. Wood and carpet are relatively cheap, especially with C-list around. With a solid drivetrain I see this as a good buy. The tongue can easily be fixed on that trailer. When you scan c-list and other sites and see what 16's and 18's are bringing this seems very reasonable if the merc is solid.

I just noticed...