Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

lakelover

Rear Admiral
Re: 43' and aluminum!

Good find, Jas. I almost got excited until I saw that it's in about the same shape as mine, so not worth the drive to Ohio.

Came across this today:

http://albany.craigslist.org/boa/3043407275.html

14' Aluminum Starcraft with motor and trailer - $1350 (Scotia)
Date: 2012-05-28, 7:13PM EDT

1968 Starcraft aluminum 14' boat with a 1959 Evinrude Lark 35hp motor on a 1962 Gator trailer. Boat ran great all last season with no issues. I had it winterized at the end of last season and it's been in my garage since. Comes with life jackets, ancor, batter, minn kota trolling motor and what ever else is in it. Need the cash so a REASONABLE OFFER will be considered.

starcraft.jpg

A little concerned what he'd consider "REASONABLE".

jbcurt00

Staff member

Hey LL, I had the same thought hoping it would be the @1965+/- windshield w/ the cutouts on either side, like the 1 InMotion just installed. But yeah, not 9.5hr non-stop round trip worthy.

What are the chances that SC you posted from Albany is really pre-1965? It has the windshield that matches your's & mine, not the post 1965 w/ the cutouts.... And is it the 14' SC or a 15' Jet that really measures 14-6 ~ 14-9 or there abouts...

Either way, he'd probably take anything north of $1199.98:D

lakelover

Rear Admiral

What are the chances that SC you posted from Albany is really pre-1965? It has the windshield that matches your's & mine, not the post 1965 w/ the cutouts.... And is it the 14' SC or a 15' Jet that really measures 14-6 ~ 14-9 or there abouts...

I'm thinking the same thing, even the hull shape looks "older" than my '64, by looking at the lapstrake design. They don't taper enough toward the front. It's hard to make out what model it is from the picture. I'm betting it's older than he thinks it is.

barato2

Commander

was meaning to reply to your Q in the other thread. i agree that it's overpriced, esp since he has a deadline. why is this particular one what you're looking for?

WBowness

Cadet

was meaning to reply to your Q in the other thread. i agree that it's overpriced, esp since he has a deadline. why is this particular one what you're looking for?

I am looking for an older, classic looking runabout. It will be used used prinarily for fishing deep, big warter lakes. The high gunnels and deep V of this boat caught my attention.

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant

I am looking for an older, classic looking runabout. It will be used used prinarily for fishing deep, big warter lakes. The high gunnels and deep V of this boat caught my attention.

What about either a Jupiter or Super Sport? Both are deep AL hulls.

lakelover

Rear Admiral

Nice little utility boat if you could talk down the price some.

http://albany.craigslist.org/boa/3046621175.html

14' aluminum boat and trailer - $900 (gloversville ny)

Date: 2012-05-30, 11:42AM EDT

starcraft boat and mercury 9.8hp motor;includes boat cover,trailer. needs 4 rivits repair work

scutility.jpg

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

I've seen this boat in person, it's trashed. The owner is also a owner of a "marine dealership". There is pressure treated ply in there for a deck. He said it's the "same thing as marine grade ply, no different". Castings are gone, rubrail is trashed, windshield is all busted up. When I was standing in his driveway a couple of months ago he said he wouldn't go any less than $2200. I was thinking $300 tops so I didn't bother with an offer.

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant

I've seen this boat in person, it's trashed. The owner is also a owner of a "marine dealership". There is pressure treated ply in there for a deck. He said it's the "same thing as marine grade ply, no different". Castings are gone, rubrail is trashed, windshield is all busted up. When I was standing in his driveway a couple of months ago he said he wouldn't go any less than $2200. I was thinking $300 tops so I didn't bother with an offer.

Wow, PT is the same? Err.....riiiiiiight. Must be a reason its not selling... oh well.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

I had a guy use our OWN bottom feeder tricks on me yesterday..waived 5 crisp benjis in front of me for my Holiday..uhhhh no

BonairII

Commander

.waived 5 crisp benjis in front of me for my Holiday..uhhhh no

I love that "trick". Or the "I'll give you 5 hundred CASH right now for it"...Why do they emphasize the "cash" part? Do they assume the seller will take a check? :facepalm:

I normally make a smart alec remark like..."I know you're gonna pay in cash cause that's all I accept".

A lot of people also offer "trades". I don't mind listening to what they have to trade, but I let them know that the item they want to trade better be worth a lot more than what I'm selling my item for.