Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant
Re: Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

Man, this thread is dangerous!!!! I DO NOT NEED A 18'ER.... but...... NO!.... but.... :facepalm:

Gibbles

Commander

Hit him with the left hook, & tell him the Admiral said no deal for more then $250, $300 tops:p

Unless the previously mentioned facilities are already aboard...................... $350 ain't too shabby either though, esp since you have a motor on standby already....

Consider me an enabler: Go man Go.... Where's that cotter pin for the Reese hitch & don't let the door hit ya on the arse on your way out.......

Well... I got there planning on starting at $200, I ended up starting at $300, he accepted...
I wish I started at $200 :(

ad is gone. Gib, you the lucky party?

w00t!

It's all mine!!

1967 18ft cuddy, I dunno what model, but the papers looked in order.
No ID tag that I can find :(

Gibbles

Commander

And the the Admiral has me scrubbing the latrines with my tooth brush this weekend... :p
(i gotta clean up the yard, and get the boats all in a row ;) )

Gibbles

Commander

I can't wait to set them side by side, going smallest to biggest...

the thought of it makes me smile.

Is this part of MBS? :confused:

:cool::D

jbcurt00

Staff member

Congrats, have I mentioned how much we like the Admiral? Never hated you more, but the Admiral is A-ok!:)

Nice score! $300 is still a pretty good deal, no motor & all. Only $50 more then I paid for my 16', but bare bones, no interior. And Admiral approved <<<-- can't get much better then that!

Now to get that spare Merc running. If you start now, you might find all the parts & pieces on ebay by noon Fri just like your prop deal!

That cuddy will be nice. Small enough not to be a pain & big enough for some overnight camping space!

Well done. No other Starmadains out your way? 'Cause if you keep hogging all the deals, they may start to throw rocks:eek:

jbcurt00

Staff member

I can't wait to set them side by side, going smallest to biggest... the thought of it makes me smile. Is this part of MBS? :confused:

Yes it is. But you are supposed to invite friends w/ boats, not create your own flotilla:facepalm:

Gibbles

Commander

The other boat I posted went fast!

I had some coworkers that were interested, but it was gone to quick.

And the cuddy I got has a few patches on the bottom... I took one off, and it was covering a drain hole for one of the ribs :rolleyes:

Two more that appear to be covering small dents, they are stuck on there pretty good, so I'll wait till I have the floor off to take a look.

Not to worried about it, they are in an area that would be easy to patch with some rivets and Plates gooped with 5200 & sealed over with gulvit.

Starcraft's are popular around here, and they go pretty quick in general.
no other members that I'm aware of tho :(

barato2

Commander

hey Gib, congrats. good buy! pretty sure that's an early 60s Starchief assuming it's 18'. the model # plate on my '64 was hidden by factory under teak rail on port side.

better make the first thing you buy for it be the portapotty....

Gibbles

Commander

hey Gib, congrats. good buy! pretty sure that's an early 60s Starchief assuming it's 18'. the model # plate on my '64 was hidden by factory under teak rail on port side.

better make the first thing you buy for it be the portapotty....

Thank, and I was looking through the ad thread, and I agree

Reg shows 67... sometimes it's best guess when they register these things.

Have any pictures of the plate location?
I looked everywhere I could think of :)

I'm heading down to the DMV today to get this thing registered today after work, as long as the correct vin is listed on the reg I'm gtg.

but I'll never get them to fix the year lol

barato2

Commander

Gib--

yeah, i got several. of course, i just tried to add an image to this msg after uploading to photobucket and it sez this is not a valid URL. #$%&*%%)#($ funny, looks like a URL to me but when i paste it in address bar, it takes me there but i'm sure iboats knows better than me.

nother try:
http://s1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd462/payasodelmar/?action=view&current=P1010224.jpg

this is under where the roughly 1x8 teak rail runs along the upper inside edge of port side gunwale...had to pull the teak rail to find it.