Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

barato2

Commander
Re: Starcraft on clist!

that's a pretty nice lookin boat for 1200. i'd plan on a donor boat for drivetrain though

barato2

Commander

i think that;s actually a Starchief, since those are 18'4"

not that it matters what they call it

djmeaney

Petty Officer 2nd Class

1973 21' 150hp alum. starcraft - $800 (winnisquam nh.)

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/boa/3007603344.html

CHIEFTAIN CUDDY CABIN 6 CYL. GM ENGINE I/O MERCRUISER OUTDRIVE. SITS ON GALVANIZED DUAL AXLE EZ LOAD TRAILER WITH POWER WINCH. FULL CANVAS WITH SCREENS. MANY EXTRAS. FISHFINDER, DOWNRIGGERS, WATER SKIS, KNEEBOARD WITH TOW LINES, STEREO WITH INFINITI SPEAKERS, LIFE JACKETS, FIRE EXTINGUISHS, FLARE GUN, SINK AND ICE BOX, VHF RADIO, SWIM PLATFORM, FULL ANCHOR WITH LINE, DUAL BATTERY SWITCH, NEW POLYPROPELENE GAS TANK, KICKER BRACKET, BRAND NEW 5 WATT SOLAR CHARGING PANEL. RUNS WELL, NO BATTERY, OR PIC YET. NEEDS WORK!

Seems like a lot for $800! E-mailed owner he says boat has not been used for five years...

barato2

Commander

looks worth the $. crude hull, will ride pretty wet, and narrow, so it will rock a bit. motor undersized for boat but will do, if it checks out. windshield might be easy to do if it is in fact flat like it looks, but you lose much of the utility of the boat without one....negotiating point there.

did someone say MBS???? i just sent the lady in Las cruces a standing offer of 500 for her '68 I/O Holiday. i figure at that price, i can fix her up and turn her for small profit. probably my colleague's fault...he broke out the Crown royal after work and we had a shot or 2. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::rolleyes:

don't tell the Admiral..........

Gibbles

Commander

^ haha

Man I need to lay some more cement...

jbcurt00

Staff member

I know its not a SC, but what do y'all think of this Lone Star? Started at $1800, now he's down to $1000, and it looks basically water ready. How about that OB bracket... any experiences pro or con with them? MBS is dangerous! :D
http://nmi.craigslist.org/boa/2976978686.html

Will look great w/ a new windshield. It'll be a nice addition to the fleet....:D

looks worth the $. crude hull, will ride pretty wet, and narrow, so it will rock a bit. motor undersized for boat but will do, if it checks out. windshield might be easy to do if it is in fact flat like it looks, but you lose much of the utility of the boat without one....negotiating point there. Did someone say MBS???? i just sent the lady in Las cruces a standing offer of 500 for her '68 I/O Holiday. i figure at that price, i can fix her up and turn her for small profit. probably my colleague's fault...he broke out the Crown royal after work and we had a shot or 2. :facepalm::rolleyes:don't tell the Admiral..........

Good luck w/ the Holiday:)

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I know its not a SC, but what do y'all think of this Lone Star? Started at $1800, now he's down to $1000, and it looks basically water ready. How about that OB bracket... any experiences pro or con with them? MBS is dangerous! :D
http://nmi.craigslist.org/boa/2976978686.html

73Chief - I think that might be an El Dorado. And the adjustable bracket is factory. Rated for 80 hp max. How about twin 40s or 35s? Here's the FiberGlassics page from the '57 LoneStar brochure. A cool oldie and you will be the only one on the lake with one.

jbcurt00

Staff member

73Chief - I think that might be an El Dorado. And the adjustable bracket is factory. Rated for 80 hp max. How about twin 40s or 35s? Here's the FiberGlassics page from the '57 LoneStar brochure. A cool oldie and you will be the only one on the lake with one.

Oh, carp, another Styrofoam filled tinny. Like that 'boat' ain't been flogged enough over the past few days:facepalm: Lonestar touts the styro as a benefit worthy of including in their promotional letter: Styrofoam packed chambers give added strength & floatation safety...

If they only knew then what we know now....... Course they (NASA, NOT Lonestart:facepalm:) did land a few men on the moon & get them back.... Wonder what sort of foam they used when they filled the space capsule's 'hull'. <<--- I hope it wasn't Tide or Gator-aide bottles:p

Either way, that Lonestar El Dorado could be a great looking ride, and for sure be the only 1 most will ever see.

Last edited:

barato2

Commander

if i were single and looking to meet women, i'd buy something like that Lone Star in a heartbeat, paint it in period colors, and go trolling.

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant