Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

jbcurt00

Staff member
Re: Starcraft on clist!

Re: Starcraft on clist!

A little pricey for my taste but a nice old Starcraft. http://charleston.craigslist.org/boa/3006645909.html

Dig the little captains wheel, it's the activation plunger for an hand driven ram that blows an air horn. Hmmmm reconditioned transom... Hmmmm, interesting. Esp since there are no pix showing this reconditioned transom.... Bit high w/ no model, yr & hp for the Tracker motor or any pix of it either.....

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

Someone needs to start a CL support group... damn site is addictive.

This is it!!!

Step 1 - Buy a Starcraft.
Step 2 - Buy a Starcraft.
Step 3 - Buy a Starcraft.

I think you get the idea. And we don't stop at twelve. :D

Gibbles

Commander

Just tell her it's a parts boat, you NEED the Merc bracket on the transom....... Or at least its black, maybe not a Merc.................

Once ya get it home, maybe she'll warm to the cuddy & it's sun shade:D Else, you'll at least have a covered shelter to sleep in, good til the snow flys;)

Nice cuddy, is the steering wheel usually so close to parallel to the deck?

I started talking to her about it last night, told her camper on the water, kids playing on the front deck, oh the fun we will have.
Showed her the picture, and she said it's actually a "cute" boat...

She is warming up to it, but I can't touch it till friday, so she is no longer saying NO, it's an "ok maybe"...

Big issue I see is no Hull numbers, that makes it harder to get it registered...

I want to take a look at it today, see if the seller has any registration info.
and if not get some info from it and see if the DMV can find a record of it, it might be a large pain if they can't...

jbcurt00

Staff member

I started talking to her about it last night, told her camper on the water, kids playing on the front deck, oh the fun we will have. Showed her the picture, and she said it's actually a "cute" boat... She is warming up to it, but I can't touch it till friday, so she is no longer saying NO, it's an "ok maybe"... Big issue I see is no Hull numbers, that makes it harder to get it registered... I want to take a look at it today, see if the seller has any registration info. And if not get some info from it and see if the DMV can find a record of it, it might be a large pain if they can't...

Outstanding cuddy. I don't think it has it currently, but ya might mention on-board restroom privledges to help get her over to the MBS side;)

MBS ~ The darker, more dangerous, underbelly to Starmada membership. All they're saying is: Blood in & Blood out. No biggie, right, probably going to donate some red gold on the project anyway. Right??:confused:??.

Jas, of course, had to go all in w/ his hand, but such flagrant displays are not required, & are in fact frowned upon.

Another starcraft! http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=20347939&cat=147&lpid=&search= Great deal, another donor windshield needed there.

Man I should start rebuilding and selling these things, but I need more land... :p
^^^ now we're starting to get somewhere...... Nowhere good, unless you have a marraige counselor on speed dial, but somewhere..:rolleyes:

Said it many times: Ya need 40 acres, a pole barn & a mule:D

Gibbles

Commander

Outstanding cuddy. I don't think it has it currently, but ya might mention on-board restroom privledges to help get her over to the MBS side;)

MBS ~ The darker, more dangerous, underbelly to Starmada membership. All they're saying is: Blood in & Blood out. No biggie, right, probably going to donate some red gold on the project anyway. Right??:confused:??.

Jas, of course, had to go all in w/ his hand, but such flagrant displays are not required, & are in fact frowned upon.

^^^ now we're starting to get somewhere...... Nowhere good, unless you have a marraige counselor on speed dial, but somewhere..:rolleyes:

Said it many times: Ya need 40 acres, a pole barn & a mule:D

lol

Well I called him on it, he has the past registration and it was registered in this state!

Now I gotta get him talked down to around $350... :) (cuddy)

jbcurt00

Staff member

Hit him with the left hook, & tell him the Admiral said no deal for more then $250, $300 tops:p

Unless the previously mentioned facilities are already aboard...................... $350 ain't too shabby either though, esp since you have a motor on standby already....

Consider me an enabler: Go man Go.... Where's that cotter pin for the Reese hitch & don't let the door hit ya on the arse on your way out.......

barato2

Commander

oops. thanks JB. i think that you'll have a tough time getting him down to 250 if he knows that it's worth more in scrap alum than that, but it's worth 500 even if floors an transom are toast. easy to replace em when the rear wall of cabin is already gone! not too much room in a Starchief for a head, tho. i predict a tough sell (with the Admiral, not the seller).....

jbcurt00

Staff member

Hmm, a high school graduation gift for your oldest son? Kind of a long range goal, though..... But maybe better then a car.....