Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

dozerII

Admiral
Re: Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

BII, It is definatly an SS from the early 70's, going by the number of lap strakes and the side rub rail, it looks the same only shorter than my 72 18SS. That would be a real good deal even at $500.
Glen

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

BII, that trailer would be of no interest to me. No benefit to dual axle, only drawbacks on a boat that size. However that's a great hull. I'd consider it a total refit project though.

BonairII

Commander

BII, that trailer would be of no interest to me. No benefit to dual axle, only drawbacks on a boat that size. However that's a great hull. I'd consider it a total refit project though.

Would I be safe to assume that I can just remove one axle?

I just emailed seller to make sure he has paperwork for both boat and trailer. I think I'm gonna pull the trigger today.

2 new pedestal seats will be my first priority. And installing a pedestal base on the bow, so I can pull a seat and mount it in the bow when we stop to fish.

Budget is super tight, so I'll have to peruse CL for some used seats.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Hard to tell from the photos there but you should be able to make it a single axle after a bit of wrenching.

I'd consider it a total refit project though.

I'd agree with EZ on this ^^^. Before you start planning on seats I'd be sure the transom/deck are all good.

$500 is a super fair price for what you get there.

barato2

Commander

nice boat! looks well worth the $ if floors and transom are good. what are those green things behind it though?

jbcurt00

Staff member

Barato2 hails from the desert, so yeah he meant the trees... Actually anything sort of leafy & even sort of greenish and of a shade providing nature would be oddity for a desert dweller.........

'57Lapline

Petty Officer 2nd Class

It's a very nice boat. I'm hoping it'll still be available when I have time on friday or monday to get it. We'll see though.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Well here is an OB cuddy for a price I can handle...http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=20342519&cat=537&lpid=&search=Wife said no, something about already having 2 boats... :(If I got that 80 hp merc running it would be perfect. :)

Just tell her it's a parts boat, you NEED the Merc bracket on the transom....... Or at least its black, maybe not a Merc.................

Once ya get it home, maybe she'll warm to the cuddy & it's sun shade:D Else, you'll at least have a covered shelter to sleep in, good til the snow flys;)

Nice cuddy, is the steering wheel usually so close to parallel to the deck?

BonairII

Commander

Someone needs to start a CL support group... damn site is addictive.