Starcraft on C-list/ebay!

'57Lapline

Petty Officer 2nd Class

barato2

Commander
Re: Starcraft on clist!

i guess my bottom feeder tendencies are showin again....i thought "modern" meant 80s............
pretty modern price tag too!

that BBW* in Cruces hasn't moved at 1500. lay awake last night agonzing whether i would be insane to consider it if i could get it for 1000-1200. was thinking i could just let it sit on the back of the acre til someone with a 22 got 2 foot itis and was interested in swapping....................somebody ought to grab it.

*big beautiful watercraft

jbcurt00

Staff member

that BBW* in Cruces hasn't moved at 1500. lay awake last night agonzing whether i would be insane to consider it if i could get it for 1000-1200. was thinking i could just let it sit on the back of the acre til someone with a 22 got 2 foot itis and was interested in swapping....................somebody ought to grab it. *big beautiful watercraft

Throw an even lower # at BBW, you never know, and if it sits unsold for another 3weeks, it may be all it takes to drag her home & keep on the reserve list:D

jbcurt00

Staff member

Ding Ding Ding, we have a Winner: 2012's Longest CL post of the year & most CL pictures EVER in 1 ad!

The pix must be formatted into smaller kb files, I can't believe CL let them post that many pix in 1 ad. Wow, nice $10K+ boat.

Earned a pix post:
2002starcraft001.jpg

And the ad:
2002 StarCraft 16' Supersport with EZ Load trailer with 40hp mercury 4 stroke EFI motor. The entire package might have 25 hours on it. It is that mint. Call or send a reply before it is gone. Buy Sell Trade Swap All Powersports (978) 7XX-XXX
$10500

Nice rig

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

for some reason I just really don't like that boat.

I feel the same way, EZ. I think it's the windshield just doesn't go with the lines of the hull. It's stands too tall and the wrap-around just isn't right. I'm also not in the market for a $10K+ boat either.

jbcurt00

Staff member

I'm thinking it is supposed to be retro, and sounded like a great idea. Like the Prowler. Nice idea, interesting concept, corporate attempt at retro, but poor execution.

The $10K is mighty fancy, but yeah, although I like the look of it, the windshield looks all wrong on that boat. Esp the fit & finish look of the gunwale, carpet & windshield base union.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I don't like how they formed the bow area either. Just wrong. Now I REALLY like their C-Star models from a couple years ago.

821_0.jpg

jbcurt00

Staff member

check this crazy tinny out, not a starcraft but it must be a relative.
Interesting vintage tin, the 3 tiny port holes look like they were originally glass.....Wonder if they still have the glass just painted over?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I kinda like that Texas Maid. I wonder if she's a salt water boat? TM had a thing for portholes, even small 15-16 footers had one on either side.

barato2

Commander

ulp. i broke down and wrote the guy with the 25'. :eek:

thinking about trying to work on something that size is pretty intimidating.....i imagine the transom alone weighs about 100#. trailering will be scary. and i guess flipping her for painting is out......