Show Your Lund!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oldsub86

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Show Your Lund!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I picked this one up last fall. 20 footer with a 165 Mercruiser. Everything wooden is rotten but it appears to be fixable.

Randy

EDIT - based upon some quick online research here on iboats it is most likely a 1977 Tyee Offshore BR

Lund side resized.jpg

xnyker

Recruit

Here is a picture of my 2001 Lund Fisherman 2000 with a 4.3 Volvo Penta I/O, 9.9 yamaha 4 stroke kicker, plan on using in Salt Water around Prince Edward Island.0302f9n_20.jpg

Ron Trapper

Seaman Apprentice

i agree float2 very similar .hows does it ride.. and how well does it draft in shallow water. ....re trapper ron

Ron Trapper

Seaman Apprentice

hi float 2 im always interested in how the boat drafts in shallow water,and the lund seems to do the job better ..just interested in the different make / years

float2

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Trapper, not quite sure yet but if things work out I may have a VFR of my own soon!

xnyker

Recruit

Trapper, Thank you, do you know anything about that model and year. For instance is it the IPS hull, does the 190 HP provide enough power etc... I pick the boat up in May and until then I'm afraid my curiosity is driving me to many hours on the internet doing searches for info. I will be okay once I am in the water for sure.

Ron Trapper

Seaman Apprentice

hi xnyker Now, the hull:
The IPS hull is a true Deep-V design but incorporates flared chines and a flat spot on the bottom of the hull at the transom to facilitate better flow to the motor. The full V-shape means that the boat will be able to cut heavy chop and waves better. The flared chines help to provide lift to enable a reasonable sized motor to still plane it out with a decent load. They are trying to strike a compromise b/t smooth running in waves and max top speed in calm conditions.

The hull on the WC is what Lund calls a "Traditional" hull. Some might call it a semi-Vee while others might call it a modified V. It is NOT a deep-V where the V shape extends from stem to stern. Instead, the V starts and the bow and gradually transitions to a flat hull bottom at the transom. Such hulls plane easily and give you a flatter floor inside the boat but give up a little bit when it comes to running balls out in heavy seas. In some case you might find yourself backing off the throttle to dip the bow back down a little to cut the waves.

xnyker

Recruit

Thank you for your reply, I am not one for pounding a boat unless it is necessary and then only if I know me and the boat can handle it. Looking forward to summer and enjoying the boat. Hopefully it will suit and keep it for years to come.

Ron Trapper

Seaman Apprentice

this is probably an over kill to your question but, i found more on the IPS HULL which i just copied and pasted ...How these three components work together creates incredible IPS? performance that is greater than the sum of its parts:

* More MPH
* Faster hole shots
* Better planing at slow, slow speeds
* Better overall boat control
* Exceptional stability, especially in turns
* Minimal motor strain for increased efficiency and lower fuel consumption
* Easier handling of big, high-HP motors*******
* A drier, smoother ride with less spray
* Easier backtrolling ? In fact, you?ll be able to position your boat with more precision and present your bait with more accuracy, so you can get on fish and stay on fish

Original IPS? ? built with a wider, longer central power strake ? feeds the propeller solid, non-turbulent water for unmatched performance.
IPS? 2 also features the central power strake, but also has a deeper V and additional strakes to help drive down spray and create a smoother, drier ride with a flatter wake.

Ron Trapper

Seaman Apprentice

wow i like your lund 12fter very similar to mine 18 footer . people have problems finding their lund model/(big country or big resort) in the later years without lots of phone calls.dealers dont seem to no either

Ron Trapper

Seaman Apprentice

i like the center console.,,i might have seen the boat on the manistee ?

Ron Trapper

Seaman Apprentice

i think its a really nice rig rancherlee i like to see more pic nice job

coinman1947

Petty Officer 3rd Class

]New to everything-(owning a boat-maybe )-this web site- and never posted anything-or uploaded a picture- but here goes- I'm looking at this 74 lund - hope i can buy it- let ya know as soon as i know for sure - i believe it will be a fun project- always fixed up old cars - never a boat - later gattor

Last edited:

coinman1947

Petty Officer 3rd Class

this is the trolling motor on the 74. Is it one of the first models that minn-kota came out with?

Attachments

• DSCF0945.jpg
    DSCF0945.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCF0936.jpg
    DSCF0936.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCF0935.jpg
    DSCF0935.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

coinman1947

Petty Officer 3rd Class

some more cleaning up the 74 lund:D

Attachments

• DSCF1039.jpg
    DSCF1039.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCF1037.jpg
    DSCF1037.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCF1040.jpg
    DSCF1040.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCF1043.jpg
    DSCF1043.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCF1044.jpg
    DSCF1044.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

coinman1947

Petty Officer 3rd Class

just some pics as i clean up the 74 lund:)

Attachments

• DSCF0984.jpg
    DSCF0984.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCF0987.jpg
    DSCF0987.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCF0993.jpg
    DSCF0993.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCF1034.jpg
    DSCF1034.jpg