Show Your Lund!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Expidia

Commander
Re: Show Your Lund!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Expidia, can you please tell me if your bimini is an aftermarket and if what brand is it, i do like the sides and windscreen .
Thank you,
Dan

Someone else asked me the same question by a private message about a month ago.

This was my reponse back:
Sorry for this late response but I'm not around here much as it's winter in the Northeast.
I bought the bimini from overtons.com 4 years ago. It's a universal It was around $239 (in 2007) and it's the 3 bow model.
They had 3 different choices of fabrics and I got the Sunbrella which is the top of the line.

Then the next year I went to a local boat canvas shop and had them make up the sides and the front. That cost me around $700 and they used the same Sunbrella fabric. They sewed zippers all around the bimini.

If I had to do it again I'd let the shop make the to[ too because the universal Bimini's can be a little sloppy in the fit if it's an odd sized model. But there are many Bimini's made for certain popular boat styles.

The custom enclosure I made up also increases the boats resale value or it can be sold separately if I sell the boat. It should last about 10 years if taken care of. I had them make me up a Sunbrella case and I roll the windows up sandwiched in thin towels so they don't scratch.

This upcoming season will be my 5th for this rig. $700 divided by 5 equals $140 a season so far for that custom enclosure. For $140 a year it extends my boating season by like 4 months (2 months at the start and 2 months at the end of the season). I'm usually on the water in late March and I'm still using the boat in Oct. So that gives me like a 7 month boating season in NY.

Since the back zipper is already sewn in, I could always add a back cover, they call it a storm cover, but you can't drive with it on or you can get asphyxiated. If it's raining that hard, I'm off the water anyway. But my rig does not have a passenger side windshield so my Wife who is usually with me, loves when I put that front window in place when it's under 70 degrees out and I'm cruising along at 25 mph it gets chilly. The front and side windows can be rolled up and strapped in place, so I can drop the windows down if the weather changes fast.

Ron Trapper

Seaman Apprentice

nice looking lund Snowman.. that should hold some deeks and a few dogs too nice rig

Ron Trapper

Seaman Apprentice

hi onlylundpiker walley fishing is here yeaaa..did your Johnson motor come with your new lund or, do you prefer johnson ...just curious RON TRAPPER

Ron Trapper

Seaman Apprentice

i noticed the same thingwith the rods.NC MUST BE NICE HAHAH

snowman48047

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yea this thing holds a ton of equipment Ron. I usually have 2 other guys and all their junk, plus at least a couple hundred cedar decoys. This boat has never failed me and I will never own anything else for duck hunting. If this pic comes through there are almost 400 decoys in this spread...

Attachments

• 100_0721    60.jpg
    100_0721 60.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 0

hi onlylundpiker walley fishing is here yeaaa..did your Johnson motor come with your new lund or, do you prefer johnson ...just curious RON TRAPPER

It was on the boat when I got it. I tried to get them to change it for six months. They told me it would cost them to much to change it out. Finally they dropped the price so low I don't think they made much on it maybe $100. But I have been happy with it so far. Its not as fast as a Merc but it gets me through the big waves. And I've been catch'n lots of walleye.

Taylorsville

Petty Officer 2nd Class

just got me a nice lund v14. here are some pics :)

Attachments

• lund.jpg
    lund.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 1
  • lund 25.jpg
    lund 25.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 25hp.jpg
    25hp.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 1
  • bow seat.jpg
    bow seat.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 1
  • trailer lund.jpg
    trailer lund.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 1

DanMC

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Our 2010 Lund WC14 with 2010 Honda BF2 (20") and 2011 Honda BF25 (20"). Can't wait to put it on water...

Attachments

• April 22,2011 Lund WC14,Honda BF2 and Honda BF25 020.jpg
    April 22,2011 Lund WC14,Honda BF2 and Honda BF25 020.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 1
  • April 22,2011 Lund WC14,Honda BF2 and Honda BF25 002.jpg
    April 22,2011 Lund WC14,Honda BF2 and Honda BF25 002.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 1

Ron Trapper

Seaman Apprentice

i havent been on for awhile Snowman 400 dic's that brings back geting up at 4;30am the most we put in a meyer 16' boat was 3 doz russels decoys thanks for the photo

Ron Trapper

Seaman Apprentice

In Toledo oh all we had is rain and high winds for weeks.As i keep tweaking the 1971 lund .Like finished cubby hole compartments reinforcing wooden seats under the swivel seats ,making sure all safety equipment is in the proper working order,distress flag,fire-extinguisher, horn, whistle on life vest, flare kit(good until 13), all lights working properly,battery's slow charged ,a copy of boat registration in a sealed freezer zipped lock bag along with trailer registration,wrapped all electric wire with split wire cover , re-done all electrical connections at the battery with 14ga.3/8 ring connectors crimped and soldered and then taped with electrical tape. Had some trouble with spark plugs so i re chased the threads with a snap-on thread chaser ,hooked a small clear plastic hose (aquarium stuff) with a solid 4 ga wire inside it to bend then, hooked to a vacuum cleaner with duct tape and sucked out the debris.throw able seat cushions(with rope aboard) ,smaller 1/4 inch dock lines at the front and back along with cleats front and back for easy boat mooring.Trailer bearings greased with waterproof grease,new 1200lbs/ with new strap hand wind winch,"used" electrical connection grease on trailer plug and on the truck plug and 100 zillion module graphite pole with new line and rigged for walleye in the rod holders with spare,new fuel( mix with amsoil and marine grade gas treatment) new gas filter new gas tank..WHEW . rain all next week cant even take a day off work because the fish will all be wet ANYWAYS.....doesn't that beat all!!! Trapper Ron :(

Last edited:

justgofishing

Recruit

Hi. Bought this 2006 Fisherman 1800 new in '06. Still REALLY like this boat and cannot wait to get another season started in Alberta.
The Mercury Verado 175 and 9.9 ProKicker make this a great package.
I dont have many pictures but here is one...
Going_fishing.jpg

-Mark

Ron Trapper

Seaman Apprentice

nice rig justgofishung the 2006 looks very nice thanks for the pic

Expidia

Commander

Hi Mark and welcome.
Nice rig. And I'm salivating for that Verado!

By the way. I need a tow vehicle if I buy a second rig. I've been towing my Lund (less than 1000 lbs) with my 2001 Saab 9-5 for the past 4 seasons.

I've been putting off buying a bigger tow vehicle because I really don't want to drive a truck or huge SUV for the rest of the year. This season is being sliced down to like 3 months now due to the crummy weather around here. I've not been out yet!

But your tow rig is really sleek looking! I could easily drive that model around all year. But the model boat I have my eye on is still aluminum (21 foot Starcraft Islander with bracket closer to 24 feet) and it's probably a 3500 lb package to pull with trailer and outboard.

What brand and model is that? Is it 4 wheel drive? What is it's maximum tow capacity?
Thx

justgofishing

Recruit

Hi Expidia
The truck is a Honda Ridgeline. Yes it is a 4x4 and it can pull up to 5000 pounds.
When I am loaded up with a full tank of fuel the boat and trailer are well over the 3500 pound limit my last vehicle had.
The ridgeline owners is a great place for more info if you want.
-Mark

DanMC

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Carver Bimini Lund WC14 Honda BF2 Honda BF25 005.jpgCarver Bimini Lund WC14 Honda BF2 Honda BF25 003.jpgCarver Bimini Lund WC14 Honda BF2 Honda BF25 006.jpg
Here are two more pictures of our beautiful boat,a 2010 Lund WC.......with some accesories and a tiny 2 hp Honda ....i like to call it "trolling" motor until a Honda 25 or a Yamaha will be next to "tiny".
Thank you.....pardon the romanian text...
Dan:D

- Update, May 2011...our 2010 Lund WC 14 features two powerplants (two Hondas, a 2010 BF2 and a 2011 BF 25) with full trailering/storage lined two pieces Canadian made (Manitoba) covers by Tough Duck Marine. Our boat also has a Carver bimini that installed wonderfully, it fited like a glove specially in Tag Red...adds some safety to it because it is quite visible when it's folded in it's boot or opened up for shade.
Here are some pictures.
Thank you,
Dan

Expidia

Commander

Great looking rig, Dan. Those motor covers are first class :D

Ron Trapper

Seaman Apprentice

View attachment 94956View attachment 94950View attachment 94951

- Update, May 2011...our 2010 Lund WC 14 features two powerplants (two Hondas, a 2010 BF2 and a 2011 BF 25) with full trailering/storage lined two pieces Canadian made (Manitoba) covers by Tough Duck Marine. Our boat also has a Carver bimini that installed wonderfully, it fited like a glove specially in Tag Red...adds some safety to it because it is quite visible when it's folded in it's boot or opened up for shade.
Here are some pictures.
Thank you,
Dan

great Lund ..looks great i even like the tough duck motor covers , nice does any company make hard covers that you no of ?

DanMC

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Why i can't post pictures ?...i clicked on the Manage Attachements and nothing happens...?:confused:

DanMC

Petty Officer 2nd Class

View attachment 94956View attachment 94950View attachment 94951

Here are some pictures.
Thank you,
Dan

Problem solved...here is Carver USA & Tough Duck Canada

Attachments

• Carver Bimini Lund WC14 Honda BF2 Honda BF25 003.jpg
    Carver Bimini Lund WC14 Honda BF2 Honda BF25 003.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Carver Bimini Lund WC14 Honda BF2 Honda BF25 006.jpg
    Carver Bimini Lund WC14 Honda BF2 Honda BF25 006.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Carver Bimini Lund WC14 Honda BF2 Honda BF25 005.jpg
    Carver Bimini Lund WC14 Honda BF2 Honda BF25 005.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 1

jgbolduc

Recruit

My 2011 1775 Impact. Just got it on 7/2/2011.

Attachments

• my boat (Medium).JPG
    my boat (Medium).JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 1