Show Us Your Old Boat!

JasonB

Lieutenant
Re: Show Us Your Old Boat!

Here's one of my two...<br /><br />
1egrease.JPG
<br /><br />She's a 1976, one year younger that me. Glastron V-195, Ford 302, Mercruiser #1 drive. Interior is all original including the carpet, but the Ford 302 in the engine box was reworked a couple years ago. The trailer is a 1974 that I completely rebuilt last year so it could ride in style.<br />Here's the other boat I own. It was our first boat. Wife deemed it a bit to bouncy for her liking, so we bought the 195 above. Soon after, I foud that almost every scrap of wood in her was rotten. She has been totally rebuilt now and is a great fishing boat. It is also a 1976 Glastron, but is a T-166 model: T-166

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Guess mine qualifies as old..<br />1972 Tigercraft Bengal.<br />Before:<br />
watermark.php
<br />Gutted:<br />
watermark.php
<br />After:<br />
watermark.php
<br /> only took two years to finish, doing at least something to her everyday...<br /><br />outriggers and a floscan are next.. :D

CATransplant

Admiral

That scoots right along with the 18 on the stern. Quite nice, indeed!

CATransplant

Admiral

Snapperbait,<br /><br />A remarkable restoration job. I'm in awe.

karrick

Petty Officer 1st Class

My 71 Starcraft with a 60hp Johnson. After a floor up restore, it is treating me right.
dance.gif

DSC00048.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

riptide116

Seaman

Hello all<br />Here is my 1959 Uniflight<br />made in Bellingham Washington (Northern Puget Sound)<br />it was a mechanics special with 19 holes in it- 2 of em was .38 Cal (no idea)<br />anyway after fixin it up I had forgot to work on Transom and allmost lost motor in a rip tide and I did not lose motor but it cost me 2 broken ribs while hanging on to the motor.<br /><br />www.mirahome.com/redwhite1.jpg<br />www.mirahome.com/redwhite2.jpg<br /><br />I get lots of comments on it when I am out on the water.<br /><br />thanks for the assist for posting pictures CA Transplant.

CATransplant

Admiral

I love that boat, Crazy_Amish. It has a unique hull that must attract a lot of attention. No problem with the photos.

txskibo

Recruit

Feb13^27.jpg
<br />My 1978 Evinrude...<br />
Feb13^25.jpg
<br />On the back of my 1978 16' Angler Bowrider...

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral

My recently completed keel up restoration of a 1975 Starcraft American (in the foreground) and my "usable but needs TLC" 1964 Starcraft Seafarer in the background. <br /><br />The American has a 1981 Johnson Stinger 75 (with 1976 Stinger "Mean Machine" Hood - the 1981 hood has the base gasket rubber rotted off and I haven't gotten around to replacing it yet), and the tin can has a 1969 Johnson 20 at the moment (subject to whim).

Attachments

• BSCInWater1427.jpg
    BSCInWater1427.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 1
  • BSCInWater1428.jpg
    BSCInWater1428.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

ZmOz

Captain

Here's my '74 Glastron CV-16<br />
1559DSCF0027-med.JPG
<br />Notice the ducks. :)

daviddegray

Cadet

Originally posted by CATransplant:<br /> I posted the photo below in the Stupid Human Tricks forum, where it caused lots of laughs and stories about other folks who have boats that aren't, shall I say, of the new and shiny type.<br /><br />I know there are lots of folks here who have older boats that they love, but that aren't beauties. Let's see 'em, folks! We can stand up and take our places in the world of boating, too!<br /><br />Boating is for everyone. If you don't know how to post a photo, go to my profile, click the web page address and send it to my email there. I'll host it and post it for you.<br /><br />
garkyii.jpg
I have two boats, both are 1987. Not sure how to get the photos.

sangerwaker

Commander

Here's my last and first boat, a 1975 Forester 1600 with a 91 Evinrude 120. I sold it in July 2004. I bought it in I believe 1997 and set it up for barefooting. It was an awesome boat for learning and just plain ol havin fun!<br /><br />
2.JPG
<br /><br />
1.JPG

DangerDan

Petty Officer 1st Class

My "old boat" is a 71 Slickcraft I use it for lake fishing on Lake Michigan. I pretty much went through the interior, elctronics and just about evything else for that matter but after all was said & done it works great for Salmon fishing.<br /><br /> <br />
71_Slickcraft.jpg
<br /><br />
71_Slickcraft2.jpg

bekosh

Lieutenant

Finally finished her. It took an extra week in the shop because dummy me forgot to check the safety lanyard switch. :( :rolleyes:
I think she looks so much nicer in red.

Done1.jpg

Done4.jpg

Done5.jpg

Done2.jpg

Last edited:

OnTheWaterNow

Petty Officer 1st Class

OnTheWaterNow
1981 astroglass finished I love it this boat runs so well worth the time redoing it
OnTheWaterNow