Rehab SportCraft 222 1983 deep V hull cuddy walkaround

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
All good. Got to go the goats got out of the yard
Turned into a Major Slow Poke for sure.
I got to install;
VHF radio, antenna, fabric for the cabin, pcs. of wiring, complete cuddy, clean up boat wiring, get motor up to speed.
I really looking forward to making cabin cushions asap too.
Hows your tub doing Minch?

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Hey Kev!!
Was thinking about you so I thought I’d drop a line. Hope all is well with you and yours. Give me a call when you have time and we’ll do some catching up!!

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
I'm back at it man don't lete get this boat wired before ya get yours done lol
Mick,
All I want to do is put this boat in the water and sail away, catch fish.
Major years long issues with my better half with home care, palliative care hospice.
It's what I have and the boat is well , a someday thing.
Get the motor up to snuff, accent the cabin, pull a few more wires etc.
Like I said "Someone will really like this boat".
Just what it is and I am not complaining.
Anyway... as I am, Duck off. LOL!

Reserector_

Chief Petty Officer" & 2021 Splash of the Year Win
I totally understand that situation. Guys like us... when we can't play with the toys we have, we build more for that "one day".
I hope you at least get a day here and there. Enjoy those for now.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Still kickin it. Finally had a mobile engine mechanic come out to help with the engine.
I got great compression on my readings off 110-105, spark is good, He's is giving the carbs a sonic bath at this time and a rebuild.
I did do a rebuild awhile back but like that I have another set of eyes and hands on it now. Glad the strator is in good shape too.
My flywheel magnets are loose /fell off. So that's going to be a OMC epoxy kit plus some new magnets. I was very lucky considering I had dropped the engine on its side 1x prior a few years ago. Picked up misc. parts for engine from Crowleys marine, ebay and Marine engine. $$$$$$
Also started fixing cracks in the upper and lower engine cowls with epoxy.

cowl 1.jpg cowl 2.jpg cowl 3.jpg

cowl 6.jpg goats 1.jpg
Oh yea 3 new born goats last weekend!

oldrem

Commander
Hey buddy! Thought I'd pop in and see if you ever splashed. Glad to at least see you're still on it.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Hey buddy! Thought I'd pop in and see if you ever splashed. Glad to at least see you're still on it.
Dang, I reached out to you awhile back during covid season. So glad to see you are up and about. How are you doing! Thanks for getting touch. Did you
finish your boat or the tree did er in?

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Recommendations for rattle can primer and white paint for ole 1986 johnson vro engine paint job.
Pretty much have the repairs done cept fer some minor fairing. Going to prep, prime, paint cowls and mid/lower sections of outboard. Read a lot of variations so just want simple stupid.
Any decal sellers you know would also help.
Thanks