Rehab SportCraft 222 1983 deep V hull cuddy walkaround

kcassells

Fleet Admiral

Holy OCrapo........Worked like a charm! Ended up having to go to 3 dif places, instock/not in stock ....Did a trial run for a feel of the glass and it's nice. Made corners and rolls and bubble action was zilch.
WolverineLiving Where ya gonna keep the beer cold plus hopefully FISH? I've heardit both ways alot of times from guys who left them out and cried they wish they hadn't. I'm gonna keep them even though my fishin skills suck after all this time. When I bought the boat I said to me wife I won't fish till its done. meomeome my. Besides I'm waiting for the non climate issues we have to bring back the populations I saw when ..................
At the end of the day storage storage storage. IMHO
Thank you.!

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Well looky dare.... everbody has a Zool clock. Too funny. Twenrt me it just showed up boss.
Hey mods me dinks you gots a weak link. friggin russians.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Watching a flick called "Unbroken" 2014 about Americans in a Jap camp. Never saw this one. Oh the stuff kids just don't know. I'm done. back to boats and movie.

zool

Captain
Well looky dare.... everbody has a Zool clock. Too funny. Twenrt me it just showed up boss.
Hey mods me dinks you gots a weak link. friggin russians.

I colluded with Vlad to overthrow ur thread......Now put the Remote down and get back to work!

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
zool and wog
Zool that glass you recommended worked out great! Mike went back in and sanded my arse of for the last 2 days and threw down your rustoleum formula, 1 coat. Large area, got pretty buzzed. Will finish it off tomorrow.
BTW....Sanding the first 2 coat rustoleum was like sanding steel!

Click image for larger version  Name:	bilge paint 1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	285.4 KB ID:	10592539Click image for larger version  Name:	bilge panit 2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	270.9 KB ID:	10592540Click image for larger version  Name:	bilge paint 3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	296.0 KB ID:	10592541

Last edited:

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Yeah I did some work on one of my seat pedestals after my last outing and I encountered the same thing. Fully cured Rustoleum with hardener is a beast to sand. 60 grit and my R/O sander still took some doing. My hull needs to be washed and buffed but as far as chips and scratches...Nothing major. I'm sure you'll be pleased in about 3-4 years when you've use your boat a lot and find out the paint is holding up very well.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Put down another qt. of wog rustoleum blend. Done with that. Peeled off tape. The raw spots are where I'm going to attempt to glass the bottom of the bilge deck to the stringers etc. @ 3 coats yesterday and 3 more today.
Happy Fathers Day you ole' farts!

Bilge done 1.jpgbilge done 2.jpg

Attachments

• bilge done 3.jpg
    bilge done 3.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 0

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
So I have a question. I've been researching my tail off in regards to this subject.
I have a 1.5" hole in my transom for the drain application. So my question is and the boat will be mostly in salt water;
I intend to fill it up with PB.
1; Drill out and install garbard type fitting on out side of transom only.
2. Install tube with flare and flare out the other end. Then use a plug of some type.
3. Drill out and use a plug only....?

med-img-SCP%2018661.jpg
61rHf1KSIYL._AC_UL115_.jpg

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Ordered this for the transom drain and for the fishwells. I do not want to go back into the deck as a result of plastic fittings.

51swLf-0zxL._SL1000_.jpg

316 stainless

For the fishwells;
41hOWz7qd3L.jpg

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
You are fetting there looking good.

Trying to research that word? Fetting?
Fetting
A person who can walk into a bar and have his drink before he sits down without ever saying a word.
"That guy had his beer waiting for him at the bar and he just walked in. He is so a Fetting."

fête
fāt/
verb
gerund or present participle: fêting; gerund or present participle: feting
  1. honor or entertain (someone) lavishly.
    "she was an instant celebrity, fêted by the media"
[h=2]Examples[/h]
  • They were fetting it up with the rest of their limousine lib snobs in self-congratulation parties where the only rule was that the more offensive and daring you were, the better youwere.

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
Rofl at fact fetting was actually a word hahaha , great looking work man moving right along eh? i prefer the metal as well but then i also fear the metal, plastic lasted 30 yrs on this boat im good with plastic in some areas as at least i know it wont corrrode :) if i recall you also want to somehow ground all those metal fittings .