Rehab SportCraft 222 1983 deep V hull cuddy walkaround

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Still progressing with the wiring. Working on nav lights, front/back helm lights etc. It's a mess at the moment. Very cool to see the lights coming together.
IMG_0979.JPG128 5.JPG128 3.JPGIMG_0995.JPG128 LIGHTS 1.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0991.JPG
    IMG_0991.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 12

Baylinerchuck

Commander
Never been up the C&D Canal, but used to go fishing with my Grandfather in the Delaware Bay. He slipped his boat just outside of Wildwood NJ at a campground. He’s a NE Philadelphia native, so that part of NJ was an escape to get outa that city. He worked for Fairmont Park. He would boat the Bay and ocean long before GPS, using a compass and dead reckoning. Not once did he ever miss the creek his boat was moored in even after all day of catching weakies and blues. Lots of memories out there.

All that to say someday I’d love to navigate the canal. I’m not too far from the Susquehanna River. I doubt my boat would be the proper vessel for such a crossing. Might be looking at an old cuddy at some point.....

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Never been up the C&D Canal, but used to go fishing with my Grandfather in the Delaware Bay. He slipped his boat just outside of Wildwood NJ at a campground. He’s a NE Philadelphia native, so that part of NJ was an escape to get outa that city. He worked for Fairmont Park. He would boat the Bay and ocean long before GPS, using a compass and dead reckoning. Not once did he ever miss the creek his boat was moored in even after all day of catching weakies and blues. Lots of memories out there.

All that to say someday I’d love to navigate the canal. I’m not too far from the Susquehanna River. I doubt my boat would be the proper vessel for such a crossing. Might be looking at an old cuddy at some point.....
Love the Del. bay for fishing.......15 years ago. Now it's like the dead sea. Hence moving over to Chesapeake area where action is still good.
And of course there is the intercostal highway which is part of the CD canal.
The canal is @ 14 miles with a speed limit of 30mpg. Your boat should be fine. It's a highway for freighters, tugs, sailboats etc.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Love the Del. bay for fishing.......15 years ago. Now it's like the dead sea. Hence moving over to Chesapeake area where action is still good.
The canal is @ 14 miles with a speed limit of 30mpg. Your boat should be fine. It's a highway for freighters, tugs, sailboats etc.
1607553447372.png1607553447372.png

Baylinerchuck

Commander

The Chesapeake Bay is ok for Rockfish, (strippers). It certainly was better years ago. VA put a moratorium on strippers and MD has tightened the regs, but we still catch a few every year. Have been out recently doing some bow fishing for cownosed ray. Now that is a fun time!!!

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Nice skate!
Pretty cool!

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
The Chesapeake Bay is ok for Rockfish, (strippers). It certainly was better years ago. VA put a moratorium on strippers and MD has tightened the regs, but we still catch a few every year.
Never had much luck with "strippers" on the Bay either...;)

Plenty of Stripers if you know where and when to look. Caught several nice ones (30"+) yesterday jigging with light tackle.

Lots of bait and fish between Solomon's and the VA. line right now.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Never had much luck with "strippers" on the Bay either...;)

Plenty of Stripers if you know where and when to look. Caught several nice ones (30"+) yesterday jigging with light tackle.

Lots of bait and fish between Solomon's and the VA. line right now.
I hear they are killing em off the beaches in NJ. Little bit in the rips. The bay used to be a wonderland for varieties of fish. Like they say " A bad day of fishing is better than...…. :}

mr300z87

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Glad to see you back, Now that the boat is on the hard haven't been around much. My friend has been out off the NJ beaches and caught few large stripers. Of course if I had gone with we would have caught nothing. Boat is coming along nicely. Wiring looks great, better than some of the pros I work with. LOL Keep on keepin' on.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Thanks Mr. Z, always good to hear from you. I'd be the same as you..."what did you catch?" Get em next time...lol

mr300z87

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I usually just catch a BUZZ, that's about it. I am not into fishing and usually bring bad luck when I go. My friend keep promising a large Striper but few times I have gone (not this year) we catch nothing. This was last week off the coast of Belmar on my friends boat.

Attachments

• InkedIMG_38191_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_38191_LI.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4