Rehab SportCraft 222 1983 deep V hull cuddy walkaround

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Woodonglass Thanks Mike and YOU need to to pace yourself! That was a major surgery you just went thru!
I'm hobbling along. Back to work etc. Taking it easy with the heat we've all been subject too.
I can almost smell the salt ocean and gulls cackling.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
I decided a long time ago I am not a carpenter for trim work. Gets me too pissy. Give me a sawzall, grinder, drill, torch, they are my tools of choice. Ripped out the original concept of the gauge panel and went back with the hack approach.
Happier I am!
In regards to the dash I took the old one and modified it to fit to the new dimensions. Coming along. More work to make it purty. I'm going to go back with a pc. of the African mahogany veneer for the dash/gauge front. Picked up a 1/4" pc. of ply to get me started.
Veneered the skin to the ply and stained it. Then went back and put another coat on the other 2 pcs. Getting their!
89 1.JPG89 2.JPG89 3.JPG89 4.JPG89 5.JPG89 6.JPG89 7.JPG

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Shore (keeping with water) looks "purty" to me. Have to watch how it all comes out. :thumb:

nurseman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I decided a long time ago I am not a carpenter for trim work. Gets me too pissy. Give me a sawzall, grinder, drill, torch, they are my tools of choice. Ripped out the original concept of the gauge panel and went back with the hack approach.

You must be a plumber... :facepalm:
Back in my contractor days, I used to cringe when the plumber and his apprentice would come in with the sawzall and the holehog making comments like "wood is the enemy" and "can we just cut that out of the way?"

JK, looking really good!

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
nurseman and gm280

Hey guys thanks for the input. Yes NM I am a Phila. Master Plumber and a Graduate English Major. I enjoy the nature of most tradesmen that being down to earth as a majority or as you know totally Aholeish. I've been around the block and have seen many great things and have traveled the world. Wouldn't change anything of my experiences. But yes lol...a plumber I be and it's a great career. CHOP CHOP! Let the ducky figure out where he is putting his duct work now.
I hope you and yours are fine in these very strange times of medical needs. It's so nice to hear from you ya know.

GM.....always a pleasure visiting your thread. You have all these great things going on and people really really appreciate your input. Me included. The good ole boys need to keep chiming in with all their expertise. Your one of them ya see.

On another buthcher note per NM I have the gauge console looking like this and intend to add glass to it, bring it up to level and clean it up. Today the heat just beat me up so I'm traking a break. I ordered alot of little things to complete the area so when fall/winter gets here I won't have to address it in the spring. I really need to splash this boat come new year.

Click image for larger version  Name:	811 1.JPG Views:	1 Size:	186.3 KB ID:	10915500

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
nurseman and gm280
But yes lol...a plumber I be and it's a great career. CHOP CHOP! Let the ducky figure out where he is putting his duct work now.]

Don’t worry about ducky .. He’s already figured out how to go out of his way to run through my door studs , soffit and ceiling supports , then ask me to cut 5 holes in the firewalls to add dampers for him . All while his helper is pounding drives in where everyone on sight needs hearing protection .. Then pile the whole room up with ductwork he’s not using for another month ..
‘Their my most favorite trade on the job ... ohhh almost forgot, then their insulators Come in and bend every piece of grid in sight .. Leaving no main runner untouched ... ;)

gm280

Supreme Mariner
You guys always seem to have nice amazing boats you are rebuilding and/or working on. In comparison, I feel embarrassed posting anything about my silly little tri-hull pond special. And to think I once started my project many many YEARS ago thinking a couple months would be about it, and I am still doing work on mine. :facepalm: :confused: :stupid: :doh:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
gm280 Ya know you always say that big boat small boat thingyy. The techniques are still the same and so is the inspiration from all the guys including you.
When I got here I didn't know crapola about nuttin related to boats. Ya see I was so enamored with this boat it was just a done deal. I would never have gotten here without any of you awesome guys in IBoats.
Keep posting, keep helping, even those that are in denial like I was and eventually a boat gets properly completed. :yo::yo:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Playing with the gauge console it is taking up alot of time. I did gain inches. Try to guess what I used to shape the top ?
I used that hd crap cause it takes the shape I think its only 1 oz stuff for cars. Some Richard tole me about it zool

Click image for larger version  Name:	818 5.JPG Views:	1 Size:	327.4 KB ID:	10919009Click image for larger version  Name:	818 4.JPG Views:	1 Size:	387.8 KB ID:	10919010Click image for larger version  Name:	818 3.JPG Views:	1 Size:	394.1 KB ID:	10919011Click image for larger version  Name:	818 2.JPG Views:	1 Size:	331.3 KB ID:	10919012Click image for larger version  Name:	818 1.JPG Views:	1 Size:	373.2 KB ID:	10919013

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
mickyryan
Looks like the Mick figured it out!

118099167_3282891091804158_2999485545935434538_n.jpg

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
gm280 Well you need to stand 5 feet away, then its perfect.
Today was a strange day. Do this do that, weather permitting. Hot, humid, rainy off and on.
Started fishwells etc. Went blue with Woodonglass recipe as usual and Kirbys paints.
I was told the fish like blue plus my son wanted some blue on the boat. Had to stop and stop in regards to the rain.
Cooking my little man his fav. Sheperds Pie. Its his BD.

823 1.JPG823 2.JPG823 3.JPG823 4.JPG823 5.JPG

gm280

Supreme Mariner
kcassells, is that live well original or did you fashion it? All the different compartments look great. Neat and finished well. I say a professional job regardless the distance you view them. And I bet the fish will love them as well. See, I don't have that problem, I haven't caught a fish in...well...ah...holy cow...I can't even remember the last time i caught a fish... :confused: