Project Fuggly - No Longer Fuggly And Splashed!!!!!!

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Beautiful Arch. great choice keeping the original color. those extensions you made are invisible, great work.

Another idea if you take Sam's idea for a top vent. use one of those enclosed slides. Lol the neighborhood kids will hate you.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Thanks for the complements guys! Its sort of like giving birth lol! The booth worked really well, but I did get more trash than I wanted. I think most of that was due to sanding in the booth and regrouping after the sealer issue. I guess that is the drawback to not having doors. The other issue I had was water, I couldn't figure it out at first. I had a descant filter on the gun, so that should take care of the water. Then I finally noticed that the fitting between the air pressure regulator and the filter had back off some. The regulator is on the compressor side of the filter. So as the air leaked, some water came out and dripped on the boat. Lesson learned put another descant filter on the line where it comes in the booth. The paint was really nice to spray, got comfortable with it on the last coat....very forgiving. I did get a few areas with orange peal, but that doesn't surprise me shooting it by myself. A second set of eyes can help out a bunch with that. If I was shooting every day it wouldn't be a big deal, but the last time I did it was Miss Morgan. Practice makes perfect. She isn't perfect, but a buffer will get her beach ready! Hopefully we can get the white on tomorrow, it gets cold here Thursday night.

Sam I like the color, after all its "Fuggly"!

Pat most likely the kids will have 4 feet. Buck and Hedi have decided the exhaust tunnel is their personal entrance. Charlie got in a little trouble today when I was getting ready for paint and he came strolling in!

One color down, the white to go! and then the trailer :facepalm:

gomopar440

Petty Officer 1st Class
Looking great from here. I know by the time she's done you'll be deserving another one of these ->:first: to go with the one for Miss Morgan & Max.

Pusher

Lieutenant
I don't do much painting but you might be able to thin the final coat a little extra to help things flow out. You probably already knew that based on your knowledge and those gorgeous pictures. Very nice work. You would never know the dog house was touched.

It's crazy what different light styles/hues/brightnesses do for you. Last thing I painted was outdoors using polyurethane and I was over my head the whole time. Freakin bugs loved the canary yellow too. NOT my choice. 😒

Pusher

Lieutenant
Sooo.... Did you seriously erect a paintbooth and paint your boat too in 10 days?

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Nice finish Arch. But then how could it not be great with you doing it. And since you went straight color, and not base coat, clear coat, the initial shine looks amazing too. Remember, every painter will certainly know where every "flaw' (if you want to call them flaws) is because the painter did the painting finish. Others will never know unless you point them out. I knew it was going to look amazing. Your preparation showed that it would. :thumb: :thumb:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Looks awesome Arch. I really like what I'm calling a "retro" color. Perfect choice.
KC

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Pusher, I am it done today in terms of paint. It took me 12 days to build and erect the paint booth, then put on the paint. I could have done it in about 6, but I dropped the ball on the sealer. Reguardless it took months of prep work, that is really the hard part. I'm really happy with the way it turned out. A little color sanding and buffing and it will be there. Now time to get her off the trailer and get some paint on the trailer before it gets cold. Paid for the carpet today, should be her maybe next week.

Thanks for all of the complements! Taking of the plastic tonight was like Christmas! I am really happy with the way the back deck and dog house turned out. That was a lot of work, but I think it was worth it. Someone stop me, but I am thinking about a swim platform........wood and stainless. The last time I messed with polishing stainless I thought about pulling my teeth out....maybe aluminum and some white paint?

Pusher

Lieutenant
Gloss black might look good against that nice white hull... But then what wouldn't. I'll go shoot a pic of my sewing machine. The colors are pretty similar. Might spark something.

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Which one Mick, the boat or the sewing machine? lol. great job Arch. I could almost read the tarp you have on the floor reflected on the transom. How nice does she look? Fuggletaboutit!!!!!

I say no for the swim platform. it might wreck the nice lines fuggly has going on. it looks like a real fun job with the angled rear sections and the key hole so close to the top. can you say can of worms? Maybe a retractable ladder or just a ladder/platform deal on one side. how many women do you really need hanging out on the back of that boat? you already made a dance floor in the dog house area. jees, leave a few girls for the other single boaters on your lake. :lol:

Last edited:

Tnstratofam

Commander
Great job! I really like that paint combination on her. Crisp and Classy. The Admiral agrees and says you may have to rename her if you continue to do such exceptional work putting her back together.

I like the idea of a nice teak and aluminum swim platform although I know polishimg aluminum can be a nightmare.

Keep up the good work she is really looking good!