Project Fuggly - No Longer Fuggly And Splashed!!!!!!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Pat, the leaves aren't an issue, I don't have any trees around the hangar. Really the biggest issue is the stuff you track in. With the dew in the mornings, the dead grass is a pain. Realistically you have to do a big cleaning of everything, and wet the floor right before paint.

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Hey Arch, I was using the leaves as an example of the wind blowing back into my garage. after seeing how far outside the tunnel goes I would see no need for a filter. any dust will blow clear and any paint will be dry before it is half way through the wind tunnel. I'd trip over the tunnel though. :D an idea for you regarding the tunnel. Maybe try and find a couple of those kids tunnels that are basically a spring with fabric on it. they would fit the bill collapsible wise and they were made of plastic type material I believe.

Last edited:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Maybe just add a second tunnel up high ... A flex duct would give you the flexibility to bring it down under the door ...
Just stinking ....

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
my house now that I have said that. Just to make it easy for them to find me, my name is Woodonglass and I live in Tulsa<~~ funny **** rt there had coffee coming out of my nose , wasn't prepared :)

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I agree Mick. I laughed out loud and my wife gave me a look.

6 o'clock news will go something like this...Tulsa man was arrested today after the EPA raided his hanger. Witnesses claim he was repeatedly saying, "I just retired, I can paint your boat with tractor paint" over and over. no further details are available at this time. The EPA found an unusual amount of half done projects and they have confiscated his computer for further analysis. Apparently they were tipped off by a little know boating Web site and are combing through each of his posts as we speak. Wood is apparently free on bail and is vowing to fight these fuggly <sp> charges. he also mentioned a link on how to build stringers???

gm280

Supreme Mariner
And also "Paint your boat for less then $100 dollars, Say What!!!"

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
They'll never take me without my paint guns!!!! Acetone is a Dangerous thing in the hands of an Old Dumb Okie!!!!:eek::D;)

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
A little acetone in the eyes would go a long way in an escape attempt ... :eek:

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
LOL! He will probably also mutter ....."Damn Sooner!"

Well tonight I got most of the prep work done. Swept out the paint booth, re-mask off everything, sanded the spot primer and wiped the boat down with a clean rag and water. After that I had ribs......Dad cooked about 30 sides today, its hard to beat his ribs! If everything goes according to plan I will shoot color tomorrow.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Hey Sam I actually like the exhaust low, it kind of helps to push out dirt and particals that fall to the floor.

Pat I haven't seen those kids tunnels, but that sounds like a nice solution. Post a link if you find one.

WOEISMEIGOTTA470

Petty Officer 1st Class
looking forward to seeing the results Arch! That DIY booth is pretty bitchin! Envious that you have the space to do that all indoors like that. So awesome. Hope it all goes smoothly for you tomorrow!!

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Pat I haven't seen those kids tunnels, but that sounds like a nice solution. Post a link if you find one.

Here you go Arch. if you don't like these colors, you can apparently get a castle motif or even multi colored unicorns. lol

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Thanks Woe, it is nice to have the hangar and the booth has worked out well so far.

I'll have to look into those Pat. I was thinking of something that could colapse for the tunnel, but haven't seen those before.

gomopar440

Petty Officer 1st Class
Just don't let the neighborhood kids seem them. If they do you might walk into the paint booth one day and find a whole herd of munchkins crawled into the booth and started climbing all over Fuggly.:embarassed:

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Just don't let the neighborhood kids seem them. If they do you might walk into the paint booth one day and find a whole herd of munchkins crawled into the booth and started climbing all over Fuggly.:embarassed:

And making boat engine sounds as they are driving the boat. Broom Broom Broom...

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
No kidos today but I did get some paint on. I had a few issues, but close enough....some sanding and buffing will take care of most of them. Here is the eye candy....

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
As expected ! Awesome stuff as usual !!
Something about that color is very cool !! :cool: