Pot

tomatolord

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Pot

No - read the book "the edge effect"<br /><br />About how brain chemicals work - <br /><br />Alchohol - they cannot figure out how to not make it illegal...<br /><br />I am sure if you sat down and looked at the numbers of people whose lives have been destroyed by alchahol then you vote to make it illegal.<br /><br />The people that I know that smoke would go into a frenzy if it was legal, they would be stoned all day - some of them are even now that it is illegal<br /><br />They would be able to tax it - it is basically a weed you can grow it anywhere - not like tobacco<br /><br />That is my 2 cents<br /><br />read the book - it will change your mind.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

In 1989 Texas passed a tax of $98 per gram on marijuana. But in 1994 the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that state taxes at such a punitive rate, when combined with prosecution on the drug charges, violate the constitutional ban against douple jeopardy. (Mark Stennent v. State (Texas), 115 S.Ct. 307, (October 11, 1994)) <br /><br /><br />Don't bogart that joint my friend<br />Pass it over to me<br />Don't bogart that joint my friend<br />Pass it over to me<br /><br />Roll another one<br />Just like the other one<br />You've been holding on to it<br />And I sure will like a hit<br /><br />Don't bogart that joint my friend<br />Pass it over to me<br />Don't bogart that joint my friend<br />Pass it over to me<br /><br />Roll another one<br />Just like the other one<br />That one's burned to the end<br />Come on and be a real friend<br /><br />Don't bogart that joint my friend<br />Pass it over to me<br />Don't bogart that joint my friend<br />Pass it over to me<br /><br />--Elliot Engber

KennyKenCan

Commander

Yes ladies and gentlepeople, that was "Don't Bogart That Joint" by Country Joe and The Fish, for the 10th time today, here on WPOT, Reefer 102.3 on your FM dial.<br /><br />Yes all you stoners, this is your place to get your fix, WPOT, Reefer 102.3.<br /><br />Whos that Elliot dude?

heyttown

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by KKC:<br /> Yes ladies and gentlepeople, that was "Don't Bogart That Joint" by Country Joe and The Fish, for the 10th time today, here on WPOT, Reefer 102.3 on your FM dial.<br /><br />Yes all you stoners, this is your place to get your fix, WPOT, Reefer 102.3.<br /><br />Whos that Elliot dude?
I thought this was WPUFF 420.0 on your radio dial

Tinkerer

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by KenImpZoom:<br /> Arent the guys down under allowed to grow a couple of plants?<br /><br />Ken
Laws vary between our states but generally cultivation or possession of personal use quantities attracts minor penalties for the first offence. They can have a few plants in South Australia. Cultivation or possession of commercial quantities are still serious offences everywhere here. <br /><br />Here's what is probably a reasonable summary. It's about right for my state of Victoria but I don't know about the details for the other states.<br /><br /> http://www.cannabislegal.de/international/au-laws.htm <br /><br />A lot of cops in my state can't be bothered doing anything about personal use if they can look the other way.<br /><br />We've started random drug testing of drivers here. Tests are for dope and speed.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

bong2.jpg

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

no man.. It's me, Dave.. Open the door man.. I think the cops saw me..<br /><br />Reefers..... :rolleyes:

FLATHEAD

Captain

Doesn't pot stay in your system for a long time, so you can burn one off and still test positive three days later! Honest your honor that pot in my blood test was from last week, not that day I drove the bus full of kindergarten kids off the road!!<br /><br />I smoked more than my share of weed, but honestly can say I would not legalize it. The tax on it would not even cover the cost of rehabbing all the losers that cant control it.

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by Flahthead:<br /> Doesn't pot stay in your system for a long time, so you can burn one off and still test positive three days later!
I don't know about the whizz quizzes of today, but when I was in the service they could tell if you smoked up to 30 days afterwards.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

If we legalize it, it will be grown here rather than being imported from south of the border and beyond. Wouldn't that put us in violation of NAFTA?

Stratosfied

Ensign

This is an interesting thread and quite funny too, Thanks KKC! IMHO, I think that the individual states along with the Federal government, spend way too much tax dollars on the whole Cheeba thing. I think that if it were legal to grow and have in possesion a set amount, then the savings would be huge and the prisons would have room for the real criminals in society. Now I am not the smartest person around, but, I think that someone could come up with a test to see if you were under the influence of the guanga. Treat it in the workplace exactly like alcohol use is. In the fact that we do not allow anyone to work alcohol intoxocated. The fact that it is illegal is criminal to me. <br /><br />Ps to KKC, my favorite song is "Cheeba, Cheeba" by Ton Loc. ;) :D

one more cast

Captain

I know some people would abuse it but just look at booze. I can go in any bar around (I do once in awhile for a meal and maybe 1 or sometimes 2 drinks at the most with my meal) The same people are always there and they are all intoxicated and they will all drive themselves home or to another bar. Now this must be ok because bars are legal But I cannot stay at home and have two hits off a doobie or have even one pot plant growing in my yard. Something wrong with this picture. By the way, If you want to drink and drive come to my town because the judge is a drunk.

Tinkerer

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by tylerin:<br /> <br />Long live Bob Marley :D
You mean he's still alive!<br /><br />How good is that?<br /><br />I must have been wasted when I thought I heard he'd died last year. Or maybe in the nineties. Or the sixties. Or whenever it was. <br /><br />Now, where's my bong?

KennyKenCan

Commander

Good Morning all you stoners, this is "The Big Lid" here on WPOT, 102.3 on your FM dail, here to give you the morning buzz.<br /><br />Today, we will take you out to our sister station WEED, 99.1FM, from a ship at sea in international waters, we will make contact with "Contact High", if we can ever get him to climb down from the mitzen mast...<br /><br />Someone take them ludes away from "Contact High", will ya!!!<br /><br />In the mean time, by request from Stratosfried, lets take a big toke with Ton Loc and Cheeba, Cheeba, here on WPOT 102.3...<br /><br />Legalize it - don't criticize it<br />Legalize it and i will advertise it<br /><br /> <br />Some call it tampee<br />Some call it the weed<br />Some call it Marijuana<br />Some of them call it Ganja<br /><br />Legalize it - don't criticize it<br />Legalize it and i will advertise it<br /><br /> <br />Singer smoke it<br />And players of instruments too<br />Legalize it, yeah, yeah<br />That's the best thing you can do<br />Doctors smoke it<br />Nurses smoke it<br />Judges smoke it<br />Even the lawyers too<br /><br />Legalize it - don't criticize it<br />Legalize it and i will advertise it<br /><br /> <br />It's good for the flu<br />It's good for asthma<br />Good for tuberculosis<br />Even umara composis<br /><br />Legalize it - don't criticize it<br />Legalize it and i will advertise it<br /><br /> <br />Bird eat it<br />And they leave it<br />Fowls eat it<br />Goats love to play with it

NYMINUTE

Captain

Hey dolluper, let us know when it passes, and we will all come to Ottawa for a reunion. BYOB<br />Bring your own Bong.