Nobody fishing?

cyclops222

Senior Chief Petty Officer
So I have heard. Without the barbs. The fish can often just shake the hook loose. (y)

aspeck

Staff member
Time to buy another pack of lures. :)
Got out a couple weeks ago and was trying out the new Dipsy Divers for lake trout. It wasn't long before I lost the whole set up on a tree that was sticking up with the top about 70 feet below the surface ... I thought I was going to clear it by 10 feet, but alas, Dipsy, follower, swivels, and spoon all became property of said tree. UGH. 1st time in the water ... I hate that. Virgin setup never had a chance to catch a fish!

1985 Century Mustang

Chief Petty Officer
We drifted with the tide under the Verrazano Narrows Bridge, the water depths under the bridge are around 60-80 feet deep. I caught a small Sea Bass, a nice size Dogfish (Sandshark) and a Sea Robyn, all caught on a Fluke Rig with minnows. Not a bad go to Rig, as I caught 3 different species of fish.

Thumbnail_Verrazzano-Narrows-Bridge-Upper-Deck-Rehabilitation-and-Reconstruction_HNTB.jpg

Last edited:

aspeck

Staff member
Finally got to spend some quality water time with a rod in my hand! It was in Maine! The smallmouths were aplenty! Caught quite a few between 10-14 inches which was a great fight on an ultra-light. Caught everything from panfish to black perch to fall fish. The most fun was an 18 (+/-) Northern caught on the ultra-light. That little guy gave me a run for my money! A lot of fun to be fishing AND catching!