Next Project

jcsercsa

Captain
Re: Next Project

HAHAHAHAHA so what your saying is that your big @@@ knocked it lose ???? hahahah sorry Zach just couldnt help my self !! hahahaha

Cool man glad she is on the trailor, so when you going to start working on her ?? John

zach103

Commander

yah i guess so.. found a little field mouse under her too lol.. um well this weekend we're suppose to get hit with a nice storm so maybe ill pull it in the garage and get goin

jcsercsa

Captain

yah i guess so.. found a little field mouse under her too lol.. um well this weekend we're suppose to get hit with a nice storm so maybe ill pull it in the garage and get goin

Cool get some pics going when you do!!!

Yea were getting that storm now i think !! they were talking 6 to 8 inch up by Neils , just rain here till later tonight !! John

zach103

Commander

so i guess tomor is suppose to be nice so gunna stay home and fix the truck.. than pick up some playwood and get the transom goin.... what do you guys think 1/2 b/c good enough?

jcsercsa

Captain

so i guess tomor is suppose to be nice so gunna stay home and fix the truck.. than pick up some playwood and get the transom goin.... what do you guys think 1/2 b/c good enough?

Zach , I would check your transom , I would bet its 1 1/2 inch !!!! go with the 3/4

Whats wrong with the truck ???? John

zach103

Commander

i meant for the floor lol sorry .. yah im gunna figure out the transom tomorrow .

nothings wrong.. i put 3 inch blocks between the leaf and axle in the rear to give it some height. so now i have some 2 in coil spacers for the front springs.. .

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Hey Zach! How did you get that Horizon Eclipse VHS for $25 ? Buy it out of the trunk of some guys car? :D That was a good deal! Got an antenna for it yet? The Shakespeare line has a nice 8 ft antenna for about $40 or so.

zach103

Commander

the guy said it works he wouldnt want me out there with a broken radio.. said it came with the boat but he already had a bigger and better one so he took it out. . no antenna yet i was lookin at the those. . but i was trying to figure out how i wanna do it.. i dont want it to get in the way.. and i dont want it to look out of place

zach103

Commander

P1080500.jpg

P1080501.jpg

P1080503.jpg

gott fix the cap tomorrow

oh shoot.. red and mark the radios going on the larson

P1050833.jpg

P1050834.jpg

redfury

Commander

Depends on how the mount you get is, but I'd put it on the back left of the boat. A good whip antennae would work fine. You can "tune" the length of the antennae to give you the best rx/dx your radio can offer.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Depends on how the mount you get is, but I'd put it on the back left of the boat. A good whip antennae would work fine. You can "tune" the length of the antennae to give you the best rx/dx your radio can offer.

I agree the aft would be good both practically and visually. Antennas usually come with about 15 or 16 feet of cable attached (like the Shakespeare), so you may be limited to mounting on the starboard side. Get a nice stainless folding mount. $28 right here at iboats is a very good price for this piece:

10663.gif

Then if its mounted aft, it will fold down along the gunnel and add two or three eye straps to the gunnel and you can tie the antenna to them with some string when its layed down for when towing, storage, etc.

476_368910.jpg

I was told by other boaters that the popular white plastic folding mount doesn't hold up too well.

Maybe even add a Larsen pendant to the top of the antenna just for fun!

zach103

Commander

theres a swim ladder on the left.. what if i put it on the side.. back there. and have it fold down on that little ledge right above the rub rail

Davinciman

Seaman

im gunna pull a jserb and put up a wish list. if you guys see anything cheap.

2 cowl vents.
1 Bilge Pump
1 Bilge pump kit (hoses, clamps, fitting)
1 Hidden Horn
1 6 Gang switch panel (with fuses)
1 Battery Switch
1 Anchor line only only 50. or 100
1 Windshield.

Cheap glass.
cheap poly resin.
How much do i need for both these?
Hi Zach

Nice project.
What are the cowl vents for?
I've never heard of them before
I have a '73 50hp evinrude thats quite similar to yours.
Do they help the engine breathe better?

Cheers and good luck

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

theres a swim ladder on the left.. what if i put it on the side.. back there. and have it fold down on that little ledge right above the rub rail

Yep, that would be a good place.

Funny thing about these marine radios, if you read the install instructions, the FCC wants the antenna 9 feet away, and 3 feet above the heads of the people in the boat. When you're sitting at the helm, is 9 feet away from you anywere on your boat? LOL! Yep, we're all gonna get our brains cooked from high power radio waves. :D

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

im gunna pull a jserb and put up a wish list. if you guys see anything cheap.

2 cowl vents.
1 Bilge Pump
1 Bilge pump kit (hoses, clamps, fitting)

Or just do like the guy with the James Bond boat, and ask for donations to your project. Just put a paypal link in your signature...

:D:D:D

zach103

Commander

Hi Zach

Nice project.
What are the cowl vents for?
I've never heard of them before
I have a '73 50hp evinrude thats quite similar to yours.
Do they help the engine breathe better?

Cheers and good luck

no they were gunna be for looks on the front. but i decided because im gunna sell it when im done im just going to go with basic things.

zach103

Commander

Yep, that would be a good place.

Funny thing about these marine radios, if you read the install instructions, the FCC wants the antenna 9 feet away, and 3 feet above the heads of the people in the boat. When you're sitting at the helm, is 9 feet away from you anywere on your boat? LOL! Yep, we're all gonna get our brains cooked from high power radio waves. :D

Sounds good to me. well yah theres no place thats 9 feet away or 3 feet higher lol. so i guess im in trouble

zach103

Commander

Or just do like the guy with the James Bond boat, and ask for donations to your project. Just put a paypal link in your signature...

:D:D:D

hmm good thinkin.. hate takin money from people but i don't have a good paying job like everyone else lol.. figured more people lookin better chance i have of finding the stuff i need