my 68 Starcraft Holiday project

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral
Re: my 68 Starcraft Holiday project

Get yourself a couple of these for that area...I did mine..taped off the alum trim and went to town..Also really good for any hard to get, tight areas..

They have a tendency to try to slip off..kinda cheap, but be slow and deliberate and you'll have no worries..

Attachments

• roller.jpg
    roller.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 0

North Beach

Commander

Guys I had so many holes, scratches, and the aluminum really needed some work. That's why we took it all off. Plus most of the chrome was in bad shape. That plus a bad case of OCD equals a bunch of work.:D I don't see why you couldn't tape it and go!!!

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Lol..."OCD" may have been in the running with Liquid Limo as a name..:D

NB is 100% right...I painted my port side start to finish in 3 1/2 hours..I don't think it looks like a slap on job!.....:confused:

Portpaint5_25.jpg

Sand, wipe n stripe and rollin rollin rolling...Keep that paint a rolling...:D

North Beach

Commander

Kev, if you and I tooled by the same folks on the beach at 60 yards I doubt any of them would know the difference!

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Kev, if you and I tooled by the same folks on the beach at 60 yards I doubt any of them would know the difference!

man thats a compliment and I'll take it! That would be the 60/60 rule as you said huh?:D

Andy in NY

Commander

I posted this in my thread, but I just thought I would share (brag about it) here... had this guy helping with me do the deck yesterday and he says he has 4 quarts of interlux topside marine paint... 2 white and 2 emerald green.

SCORE!

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

My prediction...... a certain Starcraft owner her (NB) will tell you to mix the paints ;)

Andy in NY

Commander

Okay, i'm clueless. What do you mean by "mixing the paints"??

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

they mean mix the white and green to make mint green like a NB's boat

Andy in NY

Commander

Okay, thats what I was thinking, but wasnt sure. NB's boat looks great, but its not my cup of tea.

Andy in NY

Commander

Kevin, whats going on...

GET BACK TO WORK!

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Took off Wens & Thurs to have a couple days dedicated to the boat..
Freakin head cold came on badly plus pouring freakin rain, wait plus my GF's Rodeo had a flat tire..So since I wasn't "doing anything anyway" I can go take care of that....

I have however between car tires and being dragged to the movies last night with the family...

Built ONE seat box..Unsure if I want to make it a usable storage box..It's only 6 inch high..but 15 L x 15 W...Could hold extra tackle trays..Storage is prime real estate on this tub..Gee I talked myself into it just now..

I also got all my supplies to build my doghouse...That may make North Beach & Matt pretty happy!

With a little luck I'll have that done today if I dont get dragged to the freakin store for 4th of July stuff..Though I do neet to get the rub on some ribs and let em sit in the fridge..:D

Rickairmedic

Commander

Kev sounds like your getting closer to the water . I didnt get my rivits today and I dont think Fastenal will be open tomorrow sooooo no paint before monday:(. I will get her stripped the rest of the way over the weeknd though . I have to replace 2 stolen AC linesets at a church tomorrow but tomorrow night and sunday I will be hard at it :D.

Rick

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Dont count on it..lol..When you get a fire lit under ya I bet your hell on wheels Rick...

I didnt get anything freakin done today..Man Andy in NY is gonna yell again tomorrow..lol.

I'll have some updates soon..May have BBQ sauce on my doghouse..yummm;)

Rickairmedic

Commander

Kev I get the feeling with our schedules Andy is gonna smoke right past both of us and be laughing at us from the water . I am gonna do my best to keep up with him but its warming up again next week and I am already booked through tuesday with the exception of sunday at the moment .

Rick

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Well..Finally had some time today and didnt feel like cr*p!

Built my doghouse, will finish painting and post pics tomorrow..

Rickairmedic

Commander

Kev good to hear . I finally got some time with mine after the rain stopped managed to get 1/4 way through the paint on the outside :D. Looking forward to seeing the doghouse I think NB is to he is actually looking at Glass boats he is so bored LOL.

Rick

North Beach

Commander

I'll be thinking of you folks while I'm at the lake today:p:p

Andy in NY

Commander

Kev I get the feeling with our schedules Andy is gonna smoke right past both of us and be laughing at us from the water . I am gonna do my best to keep up with him but its warming up again next week and I am already booked through tuesday with the exception of sunday at the moment .

Rick

This is the main benifet of going into work at the *** crack of dawn, i get out at 2pm so i have the rest of the day to do whatever...

But, its all a fallacy... i have to fight tooth and nail with my wife every day to get out there and work on it... she just doesnt see the big picture like i do.

Kev good to hear . I finally got some time with mine after the rain stopped managed to get 1/4 way through the paint on the outside :D. Looking forward to seeing the doghouse I think NB is to he is actually looking at Glass boats he is so bored LOL.

Rick

are you using the same method of painting as Kev?

I'll be thinking of you folks while I'm at the lake today:p:p
:mad:

actually, I did get a little water time... I went to trade motors with a guy, and we water tested his... we were out for about 20 min...

Status
Not open for further replies.