my 68 Starcraft Holiday project

Status
Not open for further replies.

North Beach

Commander
Re: my 68 Starcraft Holiday project

There ya go Kev. This is the day you've been working towards. Feels good doesn't it?

That's it now I'm really motivated. Gonna sand the CC tomorrow:D

jcsercsa

Captain

To cool Kevin , it one of the best feelings isnt it !! Congrads !!!! John

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

So happy for ya Kev, now enjoy the s#!t out of it :D

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

I really apprecate all the YIPEE'S!
Nothing is gonna keep me off the water..Even this rainstorm didnt ruin my day!

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

I really apprecate all the YIPEE'S!
Nothing is gonna keep me off the water..Even this rainstorm didnt ruin my day!

Hey Kev,
Glad to see you were out enjoying her today. :D

Did ya catch any fish????

Fishing has been poor around here lately I'm thinking of doing a night trip for some stripers

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Hey Kev,
Glad to see you were out enjoying her today. :D

Did ya catch any fish????

Fishing has been poor around here lately I'm thinking of doing a night trip for some stripers

Hey Bill..
That was from yesterday..I was stuck in my dammm office wishin I was a fishin!
I honestly dont know jack diddly do about freshwater fishing around here..Some old timers (in a 16ft SS Starcraft) told Diane they used bloodworms and slayed a bunch of fish..Old guys will always talk to chick huh? lol
I am much more at home offshore, thats what I know..I will take the Holiday off Sannibel Island soon to gets some reds or sharks..Just dont want to venture too far until I have a few hours on this motor as is..
Also you really helped me out with the "anvil and beat her straight" exactly what I did to that steering cable connecting rod..Thanks for that!

fshngho

Lieutenant

Now thats my kinda fisherman. Fish are already wet, why let a little rain stop ya? Hate to tell you Kev, but it looked like someone stole your Cap'n chair:eek:

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Now thats my kinda fisherman. Fish are already wet, why let a little rain stop ya? Hate to tell you Kev, but it looked like someone stole your Cap'n chair:eek:

lol..ya FH but they left me a huge cooler of food & drinks!

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

a little art..:D

snapshot2.jpg

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Hey Kev,
Happy to have helped, an Anvil has always been my friend :D

That pic looks real sweet!!!!!!! Looking at the angle of your boat I would invest in some smart-tabs so you don't feel like you are in a batman show LOL..... everything slanted ;) Bring that arse up and run her flat on top of the water :) it will make her faster!!!!!

I am an off shore guy myself :D The last freshwater fish I caught was that bass pic I had on facebook from back when I was 15 LOL Back when I was fishing fresh water I couldn't tell you what kind of worms they where etc... I would lift up a rock, run th garden hose on the dirt till the worms surfaced, scoop them up and go fishin other than that I would go worming at night for night crawlers :D

Believe it or not Trout always liked a Colorado Spinner with a piece of hot dog on her LOL Ah the good ol days

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Hey Kev,
Happy to have helped, an Anvil has always been my friend :D

That pic looks real sweet!!!!!!! Looking at the angle of your boat I would invest in some smart-tabs so you don't feel like you are in a batman show LOL..... everything slanted ;) Bring that arse up and run her flat on top of the water :) it will make her faster!!!!!

I am an off shore guy myself :D The last freshwater fish I caught was that bass pic I had on facebook from back when I was 15 LOL Back when I was fishing fresh water I couldn't tell you what kind of worms they where etc... I would lift up a rock, run th garden hose on the dirt till the worms surfaced, scoop them up and go fishin other than that I would go worming at night for night crawlers :D

Believe it or not Trout always liked a Colorado Spinner with a piece of hot dog on her LOL Ah the good ol days

lol..nice thanks bud..My bait was usually BIGGER than anything my freshwater friends caught...

What y'all dont know is my trim arms arent wired up so I yanked em off!:eek:

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

What y'all dont know is my trim arms arent wired up so I yanked em off!:eek:

EEK, :eek: Repeat after me, "Trim tabs Are My Friends, I will clean them oil them, make sure they work properly" :D

I have to tell you Kev, I don't think I could live without my hydraulic tabs on the SeaGem.
I get up and going, start dropping those puppy's down, they lift the stern, up I feel like a sled at that point , running on top of the water Man oh man it gives you a nice FLAT smooth ride. No more beating waves, just a nice ride on top of glass ;)

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Bill, Kev isn't talking about tabs. He's talking about trim. Drive trim. He has none.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

yep...I use a strap to the stern eye to pull her up..get in the water and then take the strap off and just let it hang..

The trim up button works..but the down wire is crazy corroded all the way back into the transom....will be a MAJOR PITA to fix..so for now...I go redneck enginering! ;)

Triton II

Commander

yep...I use a strap to the stern eye to pull her up..get in the water and then take the strap off and just let it hang..

The trim up button works..but the down wire is crazy corroded all the way back into the transom....will be a MAJOR PITA to fix..so for now...I go redneck enginering! ;)

You're hilarious CBK... as they say, where there's a will there's a way. Don't reverse too fast but... :eek:

TII

Jeep Man

Commander

Congrats on the completion Kev, She looks great. Can I bring mine by now for you to finish?:D

Huron Angler

Admiral

I had a few nice trips out this summer with blown relays and manually tilted my 80hp up and down when needed. It's not exactly fun but it gets the job done.

Glad to see you enjoying the weather out on the rig:D

Status
Not open for further replies.