my 68 Starcraft Holiday project

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: my 68 Starcraft Holiday project

Glad it was just a minor issue.

Just a little advice buddy.......you gotta keep runnin' her once you get the bugs worked out. As you know, the worst thing for a boat is to sit. That's when everything seems to break and I think that's been a larger part of your issue. Good luck tomorrow, hopefully no more opposite NASCAR boat :p

tallcanadian

Captain

I can't believe you got snake bit again. Your persistent anyway. Good luck with your steering. Maybe this is the last problem you will have. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

sprintst

Commander

Huck that wrench in the drink. It may be possessed.

fshngho

Lieutenant

so murphy threw a monkey wrench in the works eh? That would seem to be an easy fix, if you can reach it. Waiting on the vids...fridge is out of pop, check next time before I help myself :p

BobsGlasstream

Commander

CheapboatKev,
Sorry Murphy showed up. It's always the little things that get us.
Hopefully you can fish that wrench out of the steering and be back in business. Looking forward to the Video.
Take Care
Bob

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

CheapboatKev,
Sorry Murphy showed up. It's always the little things that get us.
Hopefully you can fish that wrench out of the steering and be back in business. Looking forward to the Video.
Take Care
Bob

Well since you asked..man it took forever to upload..

Leaving!

Quickly coming back in!

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Hey Kev,

Glad to see her back on the water, sorry to hear Murphy threw a wrench in the works.

Hopefully it will be easy to get to so you can get back in the water

Huron Angler

Admiral

Cool, B-Ticket back on the water. She looks happy to be out and about.:D

I'd just tell a neighbor kid he can have the wrench if he can find it.;)

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Well...
It's not the STILL missing wrench..
I disconnected the steering rod and physically can move the OD full port & starboard.
From what I can tell..I am needing a new cable WTF MAN!!!!!!!!!!!
If it werent for the rain downpour that just rolled in I'd take her out and plan my right turn route carefully, as long as I dont have to avoid any larger boats on a crash course :eek:

Huron Angler

Admiral

Doesn't your new marine GPS have "right turn only" settings on it?:p

If not for the rain you could always use a canoe paddle or an "oar"(that's awkward phrasing:D) to turn to port.:D

Just think of it this way, if it is the steering cable and you replace it...you won't have to worry about it for several decades.

Good luck, hope the rain goes away and the wheel turns.:)

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Do a quick check to see if there is any livestock fencing wrapped around something, eh! I know, about as helpful as a sharp stick in the eye buddy!:D

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Okay i know what the real problem is. The aluminum rod that pushes and pulls got bent in the cow pasture incident. I tried rubber mallet persuasion but may have to find a new 1
and still it rains...:mad:

edit..google voive to text is cool, but ya hafta check what it thinks you said..lol

edit the edit: Google VOICE to text is cool..guess I have to check what my busted up fingers type too!

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Okay i know what the real problem is. The aluminum rod that pushes and pulls got bent in the cow pasture incident. I tried rubber mallet persuasion but may have to find a new 1
and still it rains...:mad:

edit..google voive to text is cool, but ya hafta check what it thinks you said..lol

That stinks, is there anyway to get her on an anvil or flat piece of steel and hit and roll her to straighten her out?

I googled "voive to text is cool" and all it did was change it to "voice to text is cool" :confused:

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

That stinks, is there anyway to get her on an anvil or flat piece of steel and hit and roll her to straighten her out?

I googled "voive to text is cool" and all it did was change it to "voice to text is cool" :confused:

Maybe Bill...Guess I will see what I can do in the AM...I know next to nuthing about this partucular crapola..but getting a helluva edumacation..
And Google "Voice to Text" is on my Android phone..I can "speak" emails, texts or even iboats posts by speaking..

I've not known it to rain so long in Florida. Maybe that's your own personal black cloud? :eek::eek:

Hey TC, it's summer monsoon rainy season..You get afternoon rain dang near everyday..It will POUR buckets..then 30 minutes later it's over...may have no rain for an hour or so, then it can start all over again

North Beach

Commander

AH. The memories of working on the danged boat during vacation. Have patience grasshopper! This too will be a laughable memory one day:D

I know, it's kinda frustrating!

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Hey Kev, let 'ol Murphy know he can come visit me right now{just don't tell him I'm in limbo at the moment} ;)

PS: I quit smoking{again} today, so I'll definitely be ready to give him a piece of my mind...........no matter how little of a piece I have to begin with. :D

You'll be there soon enough, and that leads to looking for the next....aw ok I won't say it.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

I pulled the steering cable completly out, put the rod in a vise, beat it till she was straight, well straight enough...Shoved her back in, hooked her up and problem solved and I saved 90 bux (as quoted by my local marine store for a new cable)

2010-09-08_10-24-42_971.jpg

Last day of vacation..I'm heading to the water!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.