my 68 Starcraft Holiday project

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprintst

Commander
Re: my 68 Starcraft Holiday project

I'm wondering if there is used freshwater parts.

Something from the US interior where you'd be hard pressed to find any salt water.

Mine was from Indiana and Minnesota so the parts in tear down looked good.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Figured I can do SOMETHING today..So bright idea..PAINT THE TRAILER..
Ok, it 98 degrees with the humidity puts the heat index @ 105...whew..work half an hour, heat an paint fumes = dizzy..
But she looks better black..arent ALL trailers black?

trailer.jpg

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Done with the trailer...too freekin hot to be messing around out there as it is!

before
PIC-0529.jpg

after

trailer3.jpg

sprintst

Commander

Looking good. I`ll see if I can leave my boat in the water and get my trailer painted in the next week or so as well.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

So I spent half the day yesterday cussing @ the rounded, rusty bolts that hold the blocking plate on at the back of the exhaust mani...geeeesh..

Ran to HF @ 6pm to get some extractor sockets and will see what happens..Diane wants to get on the water today...yikes..She will be inside the 72 degree AC house, asking me every time I come in for water if it's ready....no pressure...no pressure..

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Kev..... be sure to get some taps. You really need to chase every hole and use a touch of never seize too.

IF you are installing boats that require to be torqued and you happen to use never seize on them....back off a touch on the torque spec or you will end up with bolts that are over torqued.

Be sure to also use the most useful tool in a Northerner's tool box....... a torch. The propane torch and some PB or even liquid wench will help.

What the hell are you doing on the 'puter when you should be out working on bolts....or are you waiting for the sun to get up to full speed :p

I would be out today myself but I am headed to a funeral this morning :(

65holiday

Seaman

nice looking boat, mine is a 65, starting "restore" this fall, I love it!:)

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Been awhile soooo..
A few weeks ago I managed to tap the existing hole and used the heli-coil.
Got her all back together and bolted back up..
Had her fired up today and DAMN she has a real little squirt from the manifold and the exhaust riser..Not enough perma-tex? Had a brand new gasket too though..She could run as is since it is such a minute amount..
Had her running for about 45 minutes on the muffs...never overheated..
Since she wants to get back on the water, I thought she deserved a washing..She has sat under this pine tree since she went off into the pasture..Guess I am getting excited to actually use her again..

222834799_photobucket_9956_.jpg

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Glad to see your back at it Kev, hope you weren't just waiting on me to give back your seat on the bench ;)

And whats up with parking an open boat under a tree....tisk tisk ;):p:D

Is the weather breaking enough to enjoy working on it again? 92 degrees here at the moment....explains why I'm jabbering here instead being outside tinkering lol

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Glad to see your back at it Kev, hope you weren't just waiting on me to give back your seat on the bench ;)

And whats up with parking an open boat under a tree....tisk tisk ;):p:D

Is the weather breaking enough to enjoy working on it again? 92 degrees here at the moment....explains why I'm jabbering here instead being outside tinkering lol

lol...I think seeing you & Bill on the water..just got me off the bench! lol
The whole under the pine tree was just to get her off the trailer temporarily..used the tree to tie off the stern when I pulled out..Funny how long "temporary" can be huh? I got tarps to cover her up...never put them on like a dufuss...So ya, there is ants onboard, and about 325..maybe 326 pine needles that came out today!

tallcanadian

Captain

Nice to see your still around. Boat looks good. Any idea when you gonna splash her?

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Yah, your Holiday definitely wants to get out from under that pine tree and go float somewhere. I bet you do to my friend!

Cheers!

North Beach

Commander

You guys are all sissies! It was only 96 here today! Seriously, now I know what a raisen feels like!

Glad to see you're back on the tub Kev!

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Hey Kev,
The boat looks pretty good. Now stop counting pine needle and get her back on the trailer.
She needs the water.:D
I'm glad to see you back too.
Bob

fshngho

Lieutenant

Good to see you're back at it Kev. Did you get tired of making all that money or did monkey keep haunting you for a boat ride? Sorry about the ants, but as any country boy knows, pine needles keep the ticks away:D Looking forward to seeing your smiling face on the water again, remember...pics;)

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Looking forward to splashdown Kev... :cool:

TII

Thanks TII...It will be Splashdown 2.0 as I have actually had her on the water...albeit once

Hey Kev,
The boat looks pretty good. Now stop counting pine needle and get her back on the trailer.
She needs the water.:D
I'm glad to see you back too.
Bob

Thanks Bob!

Good to see you're back at it Kev. Did you get tired of making all that money or did monkey keep haunting you for a boat ride? Sorry about the ants, but as any country boy knows, pine needles keep the ticks away:D Looking forward to seeing your smiling face on the water again, remember...pics;)

Monkey aint allowed anywhere near her! And as far as money...hellfire...I make what I make...no more...no less...now if I got commisions...well..Id have me a big old tin tub too! :D

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Decided NOT to put her in the water until I got the water leaking from the mani/riser so I got on that and her she is dry as a bone :D vid proof below..Amazing how many pine needles can fall in a week..lol:D

Since we got baked (no, not THAT kinda baked) yesterday on the 14 ft Lonestar, I made sure I drug out the bimini and got her on for tomorrow (??)

222834799_photobucket_11502_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.