my 68 Starcraft Holiday project

Status
Not open for further replies.

tallcanadian

Captain
Re: my 68 Starcraft Holiday project

Buddy, sorry to hear about your bad luck. Is this a costly repair? Hopefully not. If I see the good luck ferry, I'll send her your way. Good luck buds.

SnowHunter

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey Kev, sorry to hear bout the probs with the motor!!!
Oh and..
Sales are UP very nicely our last quater, and we had a GREAT April for our first year of sales for 2010..They are bringing back raises and bonuses..so that will really help the $$ dept...We went the other way all last year.

YAY! Thats terrific news to hear!!!! :D:D

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Thanks Snow...
I made less last year than I had for the last couple..The bonus cuts hurt the worst, as they came in June AND December..The Christmas one hurt the most.

And to all my buddies..

I think it is not sooooo bad...my bud thinks its just the exhaust bellows and a fairly easy and not too $$$...

What sucks is I leave in 2 days for the west coast (going back to Cali/then Vegas) for 10 days so I will be aching to get back home and fix her again..and again....and again
:D

tev2229

Seaman

Not sure what outdrive you have, but I put in the exhaust bellows without taking off the outdrive. All you need is a flexible ratchet with a screwdriver tip on one end, some time, and probably some beer.

You can probably buy an exhaust tube that replaces the bellows. Having a blown bellows should not affect your usability at all, it will just sound louder! I am not an expert on any of this, so consult the proper forum. Just a thought I wanted to throw in.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Tom thanks..

And for the rest of ya..Here is where the water appeared to be gushing out of..I will get in there tomorrow and have a good look see..Either it is from this area with the arrow..Looks like a plugged hose?? I dunno..
OR from the "Bellow" directly behind that has the 2 radiater clamps on it.

waterleaking.jpg

Has to be "impact" damage..Got jarred in the crash landing

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

At least it sounds as though your keeping your head up...hang tuff buddy, ya already know it's going to be worth it. Can't offer any motor help, but can offer ya a cold two or three if ya wanna swing by before ya head to Cali. ;)

sprintst

Commander

It's great that the work from is coming around again. The bonuses will definately help. Bought all Mercruiser parts to support the US economy and all the damn parts say made in China...at least on the hoses.

Hopefully it was just the rad clamps that cut into it and an easy swap out.

sprintst

Commander

Did you get a chance to poke around again or is the other woman gettingn all your attention...

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Did you get a chance to poke around again or is the other woman gettingn all your attention...

Hiya Sprintst..
lol..the other woman got a little attention..but work got most of it.
I was on the West coast for 10 days and got back Sat morning..
I wanted to get to her this weekend, but will be out of town again.

I got the other woman's 7.5hp running perfectly, but havent even taken her for a spin yet..She will serve as the kicker on the Holiday as well..

sprintst

Commander

I put a low ball bid on a zodiac with outboard but haven't heard anything back. I'll need a kicker as well.

Huron Angler

Admiral

Sounds like she's running smooth, some good news on CBKs boat motor!:D

You deserve a break after the hassles you've dealt with;)

Are ya gonna test her out as a kicker first or on the Lonestar?

jcsercsa

Captain

Yep she does sound good !! hope to hear mine this next week !! John

sprintst

Commander

Got any pics of your new fish finder. I need one of those bomb diggity things as well :)

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Got any pics of your new fish finder. I need one of those bomb diggity things as well :)

Here ya go...There arent any fish in my garage, cept the freezer..lol
You can adjust the screen to be split (and by how much) or all GPS or ALL fish finder..Coundnt beat the $$$

CIMG0287.jpg

Andy in NY

Commander

Here ya go...There arent any fish in my garage, cept the freezer..lol
You can adjust the screen to be split (and by how much) or all GPS or ALL fish finder..Coundnt beat the $$$

CIMG0287.jpg

what did you pay for it?

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

It was 209 @ Bass Pro..AND they had an online deal..
STRETCHED payments for 3 months...
I think they are having a similar deal now for 5 months..maybe 6 when you purchase 200 or more online!

tallcanadian

Captain

It was 209 @ Bass Pro..AND they had an online deal..
STRETCHED payments for 3 months...
I think they are having a similar deal now for 5 months..maybe 6 when you purchase 200 or more online!

6 months and anything over 125 dollars. That's why I shop there. Got my CMC power trim, all my fishing gear, boat seats. Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.