Not open for further replies.

sprintst

Commander
Re: my 68 Starcraft Holiday project

Man she runs nice. I gotta try that.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

I hope she runs great for ya man, enjoy your day on the water!

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Hey Kev,
WE WANT TO SEE HER SPLASH DOWN !!!!! :D:D Com'on man you have to join the club of those whose projects finally float and run LOL ;)

Just messin with you pal She sounds great !!!! Good luck tomorrow if you can get her out..

I bet Diane will be happy to upgrade from your little dingy :D:eek: LOL

EDIT-OOh that was bad, to clarify, I was talkin about the little 1950's Lonestar with the Rude;)

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Hey Kev,
The motor sounds good. I hope all goes great for you tomorrow.
I did have one question for ya. I still didn't see a trailer under her? I hope you aren't going to flood the yard and call it splashed.:p
Hey Bill,
I bet Diane will be happy to upgrade from your little dingy
She still has the dingy, he's the one running the boat.:D
Good luck Kev
We will be waiting on the pic's and the newest member of the splashed club.
Take care
Bob

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Thanks guys...
Bill...everything looks bigger in the water!!

Bob,
thanks too...and ya...have to get her loaded on the trailer and boot the 14 frt.
This will be splash 2.0 as I splashed her last Oct,.but overheated and the slew of BS& bad luck since...

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Today was a nightmare..No launch 2.0 today.
It took 10 or 15 minutes to get her OFF the trailer..But back on? wow..

222834799_photobucket_11811_.jpg

222834799_photobucket_11809_.jpg

222834799_photobucket_11811_.jpg

Finally got her on..The last few feet were a nightmare..Dawned on me finally to drop the tounge OFF the truck..Then used a come-along to get her completely to the bow stop. Who knew going downhill would be easier..lol

Soon as I got her on the trailer..BUNK FAILURE..The port bunk decided to roll to the right...ughhhh, why cant I have a house on the canal with a dock? Oh yeah..cash...

Another hour or so fixing the bunk, Diane and her daughter are toe tapping, waiting to get on the water..I am laying on 95 degree asphalt getting slowly seared!

222834799_photobucket_11941_.jpg

Exhausted, filthy and seared, she's ready to GO!

222834799_photobucket_11943_.jpg

Just in time for a huge thunderstorm to start rolling in..

222834799_photobucket_11945_.jpg

Well..tomorrow is another day...Hope my fav ramp isn't too crowded!

tallcanadian

Captain

Well at least your one step closer for splashdown. She looks awesome back on the trailer. Good luck for tomorrow.

North Beach

Commander

Kev, now I'm pissed off at you for stealin my luck. Get your own!

Patience my friend! Tomorrow night you'll be posting video of three big sets of teeth cruisin around in your awesome boat.

Now, have another scotch:D

Remember, I threw a party and nobody showed, sunk two jet skis and blew a hole in my motor all in the same weekend. And BTW, folks don't know this but I also snapped two bunks on the jet ski trailer the same weekend. I FEEL YOUR PAIN BROTHER~!

Triton II

Commander

Hey Kev,

Mate, what a great job you've done... that is one classic looking Starcraft. All the best for your splashdown, hopefully you're back home safe and sound after a wonderful day on the water with your girls. :D

TII

fshngho

Lieutenant

My man Kev, first I want to Thank You for keeping Murphy busy down south while I worked on my boat today. I also want to suggest a strange idea. How about making all the bunks you need, nice & purty, and installing them after your splash and boat ride tomorrow? Just replace them before you trailer the boat.
One more thing I do not understand....NB wants this kinda luck BACK?:confused:
Good Luck to you my friend. don't forget the vids

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Well at least your one step closer for splashdown. She looks awesome back on the trailer. Good luck for tomorrow.

Thanks TC...Hopefully she looks good and runs better on the water!

Kev, now I'm pissed off at you for stealin my luck. Get your own!

Patience my friend! Tomorrow night you'll be posting video of three big sets of teeth cruisin around in your awesome boat.

Now, have another scotch:D

Remember, I threw a party and nobody showed, sunk two jet skis and blew a hole in my motor all in the same weekend. And BTW, folks don't know this but I also snapped two bunks on the jet ski trailer the same weekend. I FEEL YOUR PAIN BROTHER~!

Thanks NB..That weekend sucked on sooo many levels for you! I was thinking of you today while I ran the motor in front of the house for my preparations..
That big 12 gauge deer slug hole in your motor just haunted me, and I have even bad thoughts running loose in me cranium as it is! I still have nightmares over the "pasture" incident honestly..

Hey Kev,

Mate, what a great job you've done... that is one classic looking Starcraft. All the best for your splashdown, hopefully you're back home safe and sound after a wonderful day on the water with your girls. :D

TII

Ello! TII..
Thanks for that, I think she's classic..not classy, but a classic!
I cancelled the re-launch with that thunderstorm approaching..Florida and thunder/lighting storms plus a metal boat arent schmart! And with my luck well....:eek:

My man Kev, first I want to Thank You for keeping Murphy busy down south while I worked on my boat today. I also want to suggest a strange idea. How about making all the bunks you need, nice & purty, and installing them after your splash and boat ride tomorrow? Just replace them before you trailer the boat.
One more thing I do not understand....NB wants this kinda luck BACK?:confused:
Good Luck to you my friend. don't forget the vids

lol..
How ya doing my tin brother from another mother FH ?! Thought of that out while getting seared, but was fairly unsafe as was with her listing badly on the trailer, and I am nutty know about towing and keeping her ON IT! :eek:
I wouldn't mind having NBs luck..lol..Id take it along with his bad arse boats!
There will be all kinds of pics and vids..Diane will tape a fly by when I put her in..Will be a slow drive by though as theres a big NO WAKE zone in front of the ramp!

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Wow, she sounds great and no leaks to boot...kudos my friend!

Bummer on launch 2.0, though I know it's coming, and... 2.0 versions are always worth waiting for ;)

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Hey Kev,
Nice to see you got it back on the trailer,
Dawned on me finally to drop the tounge OFF the truck..Then used a come-along to get her completely to the bow stop. Who knew going downhill would be easier..lol
That gravity stuff is a bit tricky. :p
Tough luck on the bunk too.
Just think, Tomorrow you and the family will be tooling around and just enjoying the sun.
Take care
Bob

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Come on B-Ticket! Today is the day! Wooooooohoooooo!!!!!:D

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Hope all of my iboat buddies are enjoying your Labor Day Holiday!
Got her wet today! YEAH!!!!!!!!

Heres a "sneak" pic from the top of the ramp..Diane hates being in pics..

2010-09-06_15-02-57_425.jpg

Tied up waiting for her Captain

2010-09-06_15-03-48_699.jpg

2010-09-06_15-03-55_613.jpg

There is bad news of course, it wouldnt be a CBK without some kinda glitch..More on that when I post the vids!

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Man, if you post up a video and I see cows I'm going to duke myself:eek::eek:

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Your little boat ran well yesterday so I knew there was no way the big one would run well today. It's simply unpossible. Hopefully it was nothing major.

fshngho

Lieutenant

Horses?...Pigs?....Chickens?...Deer?......:eek: OMG Kevin!..not you and sheep again!

God Knows we tried..................................:(

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

LOL! No Sheep, goats or any other domestic animal..

So since the vids are loading I'll just tell you guys what happened, here, grab a beer or theres pop on the lower shelf of the fridge..

Had her tied up at the dock as the above pics show..she fired right up and I let her sit an idle, no leaking, no spraying from the riser..Lifes good.
Diane and her daughter stayed on the dock while I was heading off for a quick shake down and so she can shoot some vid..
I putt away...all is good..We have a no wake zone in front of the dock so once I get a little away I bump up the throttle, nice, on plane but slow speed.

Decide I will hook a tight left to return towards the dock and..

SHE BARELY TURNS LEFT! :eek:
The wheel turns fully right..left, ya not so much..
I cranked her as much as she would go, then had to lean to port to get her turned around..Headed straight back to the dock..
It hit me what was wrong..MURPHY left me a little going away present..
More like a time bomb..
Weeks ago when I was playing with the whole manifold, riser nonsense, I was wrenching down a bolt..and the small wrench flew outta my hands klinkle, spraaaang...klunk..
I looked for it, figured it was somewhere in my bilge or had bounced under the decking ala HA's fish and dismissed it..

Obviously it is residing somewhere back in there blocking my steering..
Kinda pisses me off with the 100's of things I have been checking off to have a full day on the water, and didnt even think to double check the steering.
The good news is I have 2 more days of vacation and can be wrench fishing first thing tomorrow AM..

Status
Not open for further replies.