my 68 Starcraft Holiday project

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobsGlasstream

Commander
Re: my 68 Starcraft Holiday project

CheapboatKev,
Sounds good. Plan A and Plan B. Should work, execution of the plan is the key.
Keep the pic's coming.
Bob

fishmonster13

Petty Officer 3rd Class

gettting it back on shouldn't be too bad i did mine today by myself although the motor is off it. just back the trailer up to it strap the winch and start reeling her in and raise the front of the trailer.
and man do i miss ft myers, i usually go down in the spring for a little tarpon fishing but all my money is currently being poured into the boat right now.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

gettting it back on shouldn't be too bad i did mine today by myself although the motor is off it. just back the trailer up to it strap the winch and start reeling her in and raise the front of the trailer.
and man do i miss ft myers, i usually go down in the spring for a little tarpon fishing but all my money is currently being poured into the boat right now.

Cool..Let me know if you make it back down..
I dont fish Tarpon, but they are going off now

fishmonster13

Petty Officer 3rd Class

unfortunatly probably won't be till next year. my dad lives over in cape coral on one of the canals with the boat right out back (if he ever thinks about sellin it i'm goin freakin off him) i love it down there but couldn't afford to live there on what they want to pay.
a pic of the little fish i caught just north of the bridge to sanibel

Attachments

• Photo_060909_004.jpg
    Photo_060909_004.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 0

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

unfortunatly probably won't be till next year. my dad lives over in cape coral on one of the canals with the boat right out back (if he ever thinks about sellin it i'm goin freakin off him) i love it down there but couldn't afford to live there on what they want to pay.
a pic of the little fish i caught just north of the bridge to sanibel

Nice..I should have picked up a house there in the Cape soon as I got here from Cali..Theres a ramp right before the bridge and one just past the bridge on the island..

sprintst

Commander

Jealousy might set in. You know what women are like. Why is he spending so much time with her etc.

I'm thinking of picking one up on the side too. Small alum boat that is...once I get my fill of this one.

North Beach

Commander

Kev that's gotta be an iboats first-Barb wire damage to your trailer lights:p

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Jealousy might set in. You know what women are like. Why is he spending so much time with her etc.

I'm thinking of picking one up on the side too. Small alum boat that is...once I get my fill of this one.

Go for it...ask NB about tin-a-trois! lol

You know me NB, the lead dog has the best view..lol

sprintst

Commander

I snorted out loud at that one too. :)

Poor guy has been taking a wood shed beating over the flying boat thing. :)

A guy at work had a vasectomy last week and I told all the hot waitresses where we eat lunch about it... as he was eating lunch there there the day he was getting it done.

I said "Is his lunch free 'cause of his nuts?" I asked for a bowl of ice to be brung to him when he showed up the next day. Got them all wondering if there is just a puff of dust when he goes to unload.

He seems to be taking it well as well :)

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

lol..yep..and at least she came off the trailer under guidance, unlike last time..ahem

Enough with the jokes already, I mean come on...even the trailer let it go! :D

Yes she will look happy with her little sis snuggled up close.

Andy in NY

Commander

kev, give me a call... i left you a voicemail. i want to talk to you about how you got the boat off the trailer (in the yard, not the field...) :D

seriously though, call me.

tev2229

Seaman

Kev....

How is everything? I hope you aren't too down in the dumps about everything that happened.

Have you decided what you are going to do? I know it must be hard to go through this, with everyone's added jokes and all.

I followed your thread all last summer and the work you did was amazing. I am sure that you can get the B ticket back up and sea worthy.

I have been working on my boat a little bit, and it is expensive, costly, difficult and very time consuming. I keep thinking about what you have done and the hard work that all the guys have done on their boats to make them nice and it gives me a little bit of a drive to "do it right" and take my time.
I am a young, poor college student. I work 2 jobs and live on my own. I love working on my boat, and it really is an inspiration to look at your thread and think that I have something to look up to.

Anyway, got any updates? :)

Tom

sprintst

Commander

I know the other woman is eating up a lot of your time :)

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Kev....

How is everything? I hope you aren't too down in the dumps about everything that happened.

Have you decided what you are going to do? I know it must be hard to go through this, with everyone's added jokes and all.

I followed your thread all last summer and the work you did was amazing. I am sure that you can get the B ticket back up and sea worthy.

I have been working on my boat a little bit, and it is expensive, costly, difficult and very time consuming. I keep thinking about what you have done and the hard work that all the guys have done on their boats to make them nice and it gives me a little bit of a drive to "do it right" and take my time.
I am a young, poor college student. I work 2 jobs and live on my own. I love working on my boat, and it really is an inspiration to look at your thread and think that I have something to look up to.

Anyway, got any updates? :)

Tom

Tom..THANKS..Amazing may be a stretch...just doing what I can without draining the whole bank account (well, at least not all at once)..
But Sprintist has naild it..I have been spending time with a little (but OLDER) woman..My 1950 Lonestar 14 foot tinny I just got a couple weeks ago.

I know the other woman is eating up a lot of your time :)

Funny how they do that huh? I will get back to the B Ticket here soon..or the 3rd woman will be really unhappy..

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Update time..
Wasnt feeling too well this morning and called in sick...
Felt a little better this afternoon surprisingly ;)
So decided the B-Ticket has been neglected way too long and needed some love..
Patched up a bunch of wiring that broke loose during her maiden flight..
New battery cables...turned the key and VIOLA

BUT...a few seconds after this video..I hear a POOSH sound..and see WATER shooting out of the rear of the motor. bellows?? Oh man..talk about a roller coaster..totally back in a funk:mad:

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Oh man. I'm not even going to give you a hard time on that!

Dude, you need a hug or something. That stinks!!!!:mad:

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Oh man. I'm not even going to give you a hard time on that!

Dude, you need a hug or something. That stinks!!!!:mad:

Tell me about it..I was telling Diane did you hear her fired up? (no, she didnt)
Then she thought I was talking about the little 7.5 Gamefisher I got for the Lonestar..Then she realized I was talking about HER favorite boat and got all excited...
Then the 2nd half of the story came out and well...not sooo happy.

Really REALLY frustrated with this FREEKIN BS!

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Man if it wasn't for bad luck......

The only solution to your problems is $$$$$

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Man if it wasn't for bad luck......

The only solution to your problems is $$$$$

Aww Hell Ez..I'm still lucky..The boat is in one piece still from the accident..nobody got killed..I am not being sued up the wazoo from that ordeal..
I KNOW she'll fire right up...(yes I was shocked too!)
I'll just address this in my usual timely manner..say 4 or 5 weeks? lol

Oh and..
Sales are UP very nicely our last quater, and we had a GREAT April for our first year of sales for 2010..They are bringing back raises and bonuses..so that will really help the $$ dept...We went the other way all last year.

Huron Angler

Admiral

Kev I'm sorry to hear of your misfortune:(

Here's to hoping Don S and the guys can get ya squared away with the leak with only minor investments in new parts. I'd offer some help myself but the only bellows I'm familiar with are for stoking a fire.

Good luck buddy, and stay positive!

Status
Not open for further replies.