Love, Necessity and Pride

Status
Not open for further replies.

saginawbayboater

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Love, Necessity and Pride

Thanks GT for the inspiration, as I sit in a snowbank patiently waiting for spring, just a few weeks away!!!! Your strings are bullet proof!!!

Great Work GT:smow::fish2::thumb:

Did someone mention riveets?:wacko::crazy:

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Well guys, for better or worse...
Here is my first production using my new and soon to be returned to the factory for repairs, GoPro camera...
I hope it is as enjoyable and somewhat educational as it was frustrating yet fun for me to produce...:faint2:

And now, for your viewing pleasure...
I give you...
"Some Glassin on the Bassassin"

Happy Thursday!

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Just been going over the presentation, and have realized that onlt the first 10 minutes of what should be about a 26 minute video, uploaded...
Obviously a huge NOOB mistake on my part, but as soon as I have time to figure it out, I will get it fixed...
SO...:sorry:...

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Cecil B. DaGus!!! Quite a show. Wish I had my binoculars so I could have SEEN what you were doing. Does the word TRIPOD mean anything to ya???:lol:

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Forgive the temporary derail of my thread...BUT...

I have a question for the computer gurus out there...

I have come to the realization that I need tons and tons of RAM to be able to produce videos...

My computer currently has 4GB DDR3 of RAM...

What are your recommendations for a serious upgrade...

Please, be specific, as I am somewhat computer challenged and need to know what would work best, what specific features I should look for, if possible give me specific brands/models and what I should expect it to cost...

At least for now, storage memory should not be a problem as I have a 1 Terrabyte Hard drive and a 500GB external back-up...

BTW, I think I will be able to install it myself...;)

Thanks in advance for any help...

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade

what cpu processor and video card do you have, and what version of windows, mac or linux are you running?

more ram the better....

treading into my familiar waters now,

MrDJ....a+ Cert, MCSE, CCNA, and a bunch of other computer/networking certification initials

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

what cpu processor and video card do you have, and what version of windows, mac or linux are you running?

more ram the better....

treading into my familiar waters now,

MrDJ....a+ Cert, MCSE, CCNA, and a bunch of other computer/networking certification initials

Here's what it says on the sticker...
Lenovo model 3000 H230
Intel Pentium Processor 5300
Memory 4GB DDR3
Hard Drive 1 TB SATA II
Optical Drive DVD RW
Graphics IntelGMA X4500
Op System Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Hmmm breakfast biskit made me hungry ! :hungry:
Digged the tunes and the glassin looks good too ! Can you just use the zoom from where the camera was set up ?

jbcurt00

Staff member

Lenovo model 3000 H230
Intel Pentium Processor 5300
Memory 4GB DDR3
Hard Drive 1 TB SATA II
Optical Drive DVD RW
Graphics IntelGMA X4500
Op System Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
This info ^^^ coupled w/ this info

Suggests that 2X4GB will work w/ your WIn7 64-bit. But you can swing thru here from your system & see what it spits out...

I don't know which 4GB X 2 DDR3 RAM you need:
PC3-8500
PC3-10600
PC3-12800
PC3-14900

Or:
Dual Ranked (or Single Ranked)
Unbuffered (or not)

My MrMAN moniker doesn't come w/ any letters after it :facepalm: And the current economy prevents me from staying in a Holiday Express more then once every couple years. It's a burden, I freely bear.....

If you are moving towards video stuff, then you may need to update the video card in your computer, esp if it's an integrated card (w/ network maybe?) that came w/ the desktop and move to 1 that has it's own dedicated RAM on it's board.

This concludes my ability to help :watermelon:

Last Mohican

Chief Petty Officer

Video editing is a resource hog especially if you are editing HD footage. You should spend some time in the GoPro forums and ask what people are using. I personally use iMovie on a new i5 MacBook Pro and it struggles a little outputting the HD stuff. The good news is you have a 64 bit OS so you can add some RAM. (32 bit only supports 3 GB) Is that an onboard video card? X2 JBcurt's recommendation for where to purchase memory. Trying to edit HD with that dual core pentium may not be doable. You can always reduce the resolution but then there is no real reason to have a camera that shoots HD. Hate to say it but it may be time to upgrade to a new machine if you want to edit video.

21 DAYTONA - YouTube

Toys for Tots drive

Seasonally.boating.jon

Petty Officer 1st Class

GT, I can't help with the pc stuff, just wanted to say it was cool to see ya in action. That giant bite of the biscuit....nice touch. I don't know why but it was funny.

jbcurt00

Staff member

That giant bite of the biscuit....nice touch.
Reminded me: I'd really like to have a La Cubana for breakfast in the am........... NO idea where to get 1 tho..... :flock:

Dag nab it!

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Reminded me: I'd really like to have a La Cubana for breakfast in the am........... NO idea where to get 1 tho.....

Dag nab it!
Due to local lingo regulations, having a "La Cubana" for breakfast may be interpreted as having some Cuban's daughter for breakfast...:facepalm:
Please, explain your local lingo's interpretation of a "La Cubana" and I may be able to help you out...;)

GT, I can't help with the pc stuff, just wanted to say it was cool to see ya in action. That giant bite of the biscuit....nice touch. I don't know why but it was funny.

Thanks, the biscuit munching was meant to be sorta funny, at least I thought so when I saw it...:rolleyes:

Video editing is a resource hog especially if you are editing HD footage. You should spend some time in the GoPro forums and ask what people are using. I personally use iMovie on a new i5 MacBook Pro and it struggles a little outputting the HD stuff. The good news is you have a 64 bit OS so you can add some RAM. (32 bit only supports 3 GB) Is that an onboard video card? X2 JBcurt's recommendation for where to purchase memory. Trying to edit HD with that dual core pentium may not be doable. You can always reduce the resolution but then there is no real reason to have a camera that shoots HD. Hate to say it but it may be time to upgrade to a new machine if you want to edit video.

21 DAYTONA - YouTube

Toys for Tots drive

Really liked the vids...
I definitely need to do some more learnin on all this video stuff...but I will...dagnabit!
One thing I am figuring out is to keep the production as short as possible...
Thanks for the input...

This info ^^^ coupled w/ this info

Suggests that 2X4GB will work w/ your WIn7 64-bit. But you can swing thru here from your system & see what it spits out...

I don't know which 4GB X 2 DDR3 RAM you need:
PC3-8500
PC3-10600
PC3-12800
PC3-14900

Or:
Dual Ranked (or Single Ranked)
Unbuffered (or not)

My MrMAN moniker doesn't come w/ any letters after it :facepalm: And the current economy prevents me from staying in a Holiday Express more then once every couple years. It's a burden, I freely bear.....

If you are moving towards video stuff, then you may need to update the video card in your computer, esp if it's an integrated card (w/ network maybe?) that came w/ the desktop and move to 1 that has it's own dedicated RAM on it's board.

This concludes my ability to help :watermelon:
Your help is highly appreciated...at least it gets me pointed in some direction...definitely be looking into getting much more edjumacted 'bout this here movin pitchur stuff...

Hmmm breakfast biskit made me hungry ! :hungry:
Digged the tunes and the glassin looks good too ! Can you just use the zoom from where the camera was set up ?

Glad to have been an appetite stimulator...
The camera itself doesn't have a zoom feature, but I think the editing program does...still below a beginner at all this stuff, but I am going to figure it out, even if it takes till I finish my restoration...

Awesome production... Loved it.

Thanks, PMC...I promise to do better in the future...

Friday is finally here and by this afternoon I hope to have the 'ol tub back at the shop and ready for another glassin marathon...Sorry there will not be any video harmed this go around, since the GoPro is on its way home for some TLC...

Hope everyone has a stupendous day and an even better weekend...

BTW, all you Northeasters...hunker down for a bit of white stuff...stay safe!

Last Mohican

Chief Petty Officer

One thing that may help you on the video editing is to do some small 2 or 3 minute clips. This will help you get a feel for what works and what does not without spending a ton of time only to find it failed. What software are you using to edit? I think you did a great job for your first video out of the gate. You will get better at it. It can be a lot of fun once you figure out the limitations of you equipment. You might also look at the digital camera you use for pictures. It should shoot video as well and can be a nice supplement to your GoPro footage.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Sorry, but there's no telling what my 'local lingo' translation of la cubana is. It's WV after all...:rolleyes:

More accurately, I suspect it was supposed to be lower case only, no capitalization, and should have started w/ torta.

In Las Vegas, a torta la cubana would be something along these lines:
serioussandwiches-lacubano.jpg

Flat top grilled or panini pressed goodness :hungry: :
W/ all manner of ham, pork, bacon, turkey, LTO (lettuce, tomato & onion), ground beef, chicken, queso blanco, avocado, and a wide variety of other stuff all packed into a torta shell folded in half & griddled :)

As for your local translation: no offense intended :embarassed:

But if they'd LIKE TO JOIN me for breakfast that'd be just fine ;)

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

One thing that may help you on the video editing is to do some small 2 or 3 minute clips. This will help you get a feel for what works and what does not without spending a ton of time only to find it failed. What software are you using to edit? I think you did a great job for your first video out of the gate. You will get better at it. It can be a lot of fun once you figure out the limitations of you equipment. You might also look at the digital camera you use for pictures. It should shoot video as well and can be a nice supplement to your GoPro footage.

That is exactly what I am beginning to learn...
shorter clips=faster production...
I have used my digital camera before to make and post a couple of vids and it worked very well...although I can only do about a minute or two of recording at a time...might look at getting a larger memory card for it and see if that helps...
Also going to look into recording at a lower quality with the GoPro, for the time being and see how that works...
At least until I can get into a more powerful computer...

It is definitely fun and quite addicting...

Sorry, but there's no telling what my 'local lingo' translation of la cubana is. It's WV after all...:rolleyes:

More accurately, I suspect it was supposed to be lower case only, no capitalization, and should have started w/ torta.

In Las Vegas, a torta la cubana would be something along these lines:
serioussandwiches-lacubano.jpg

Flat top grilled or panini pressed goodness :hungry: :
W/ all manner of ham, pork, bacon, turkey, LTO (lettuce, tomato & onion), ground beef, chicken, queso blanco, avocado, and a wide variety of other stuff all packed into a torta shell folded in half & griddled :)

As for your local translation: no offense intended :embarassed:

But if they'd LIKE TO JOIN me for breakfast that'd be just fine ;)

Boy-oh-boy, that looks and sounds tasty...I am going to have to search around for a concoction like that...
The closest I have seen around these parts is what they call around here..."Cubano Especial"...
It sits on Pan Cubano filled with "pierna", which is pork tenderloin, thinly sliced, marinated in 'mojo' and garlic, Serrano Ham, queso blanco, LTO, some Mayo and spicy brown mustard, then griddlled to delicious perfection...

Close, but yours actually sounds better...I am gonna have to spread the word around here to all the Latin restaurants and see if any are willing to take up the challenge...

Absolutely no offense taken, as a matter of fact, I too, would not mind it if a "Cubana" wanted to join me for some...

Well, getting everything loaded up and the trailer hooked up to take it all to the shop...getting ready for some more glassin on the Bassassin...

craigweaver

Chief Petty Officer

Sweet video my friend, I half expected after the pointer at Da G man, to have a pointer at you saying Da Man!

Have a great an productive weekend! Can't wait for the next episode of Bassassin buldin!

Status
Not open for further replies.