Not open for further replies.

chriscraft254

Commander
Re: Love, Necessity and Pride

Just had to say, WHATSUUUUP!!!! And no you can't have my bud lite. :laugh:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

GT, your on a roll ! Ya might better go play the lotto with all this karma going your way !

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Just had to say, WHATSUUUUP!!!! And no you can't have my bud lite.
S'up CC? Been seeing you popping in 'n' out...hope all's well...any news on the getting the foot fixed?
How's the led's workin out?

GT, your on a roll ! Ya might better go play the lotto with all this karma going your way !

Thanks S.P., It sure feels good to be getting back at it...
Instead of giving my hard earned to gubmint folks via the hidden lottery tax...:mad-new:I'll just use it to restore my 'ol tub...:joyous:

Had a temporary issue with Photobucket, but now that is sorted out...something to do with an outdated version of Java...
Anyhoo...
Picked up fresh glassing supplies...

DSCF2526_zpsccb93034.jpg

Picked up some 1x2 sticks of Clear Fir...
And spent part of Sunday Pre-fitting the "Nailer" pieces all around the top edge of the hull...

DSCF2530_zps3b927231.jpg

DSCF2533_zpsfdc05aef.jpg

DSCF2528_zps452cea12.jpg

Glad to see some progress was attained by a few...
Hope everyone has a good fast week...
Monday down, 4 to go...
Hut, Hut!

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Man, You are well-provisioned for a major progress push in the next few weeks. Hope work and other obligations leave some time for boat stuff....
Get R Done..

pmc

jbcurt00

Staff member

Great looking nailers, but glass supplies looks even better!
party0049.gif

Have a great week....

Trooper82

Commander

Nice supplies you got there Gus....what is that in the one gallon jugs?

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Man, You are well-provisioned for a major progress push in the next few weeks. Hope work and other obligations leave some time for boat stuff....
Get R Done..

pmc

If my well laid plans do not go to pot for unforeseen reasons...then the BIG push is going to happen this weekend...fingers crossed...:pray:

Great looking nailers, but glass supplies looks even better!

Have a great week....

Thank U!:victorious:

Nice supplies you got there Gus....what is that in the one gallon jugs?

Acetone...I already know from experience gained throughout this wild ride that you can never have enough...

Between all the wipe downs and cleaning up of application stuff like chip brushes and mixing buckets, etc...it goes pretty quick...I guess in the end it is a trade off...I have only spent about 20 bucks on chip brushes and about the same on mixing containers...If I would not have used the Acetone to clean everything after use, I probably would spend the same or a bit more, as I have for Acetone, on the extra supplies...:indecisiveness:

They didn't have a 5 gallon jug, but they sell me the 5-ONE gallon jugs at the same price as the fiver, instead of 4 bucks more per gal...saves 20 bucks...

Nite, Nite Y'all...have a super 2nd of the week...

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

As Hannibal, of the A-Team, was fond of saying..."I love it when a plan comes together"...

New Surge Brake Actuator arrived via the Big Brown Truck, on schedule, this afternoon just as I was pulling up to the house...

Here's a shot of the old one...

DSCF2537.jpg

And a shot of the new unit...

DSCF2538.jpg

This is where it goes...

DSCF2541.jpg

And here it is installed

DSCF2542.jpg

Along with a new brake line...

DSCF2545.jpg

Spent an enjoyable hour or so, installing it and now that I can tow the trailer, I am fired up to get some serious glassing done this weekend...

Happy Fri-DAY!:target:

Trooper82

Commander

Looks like it came together without any problems...congrats and have fun with the glasin on the assin this weekend!

Seasonally.boating.jon

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thats cool GT. I like that one alot better than the one we have for the pontoon. Its one of those big bulky ones that adds about 50# to the tongue wieght.:rolleyes:

Cann't wait to see more progress with the boat. Looking forward to it man.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Looks like it came together without any problems...congrats and have fun with the glasin on the assin this weekend!
Thanks, will do...;)

Whoo..... great tongue brake!
th_dance4-1.gif
supposed to stop the tongue before I say sumthin stoopid...:lol:

Lookin good Gus.
Thanks, bro...good to see you around...really dig the new toy..."Eliminator" Is it? From the pic it looks like my kind of rocket ship...sweet...what's it do 75-80?

Thats cool GT. I like that one alot better than the one we have for the pontoon. Its one of those big bulky ones that adds about 50# to the tongue wieght.:rolleyes:

Cann't wait to see more progress with the boat. Looking forward to it man.
Thanks JB, I know what you mean...some of those surge brake set ups are huge...this one is built this way by Tracker boats and the shipping weight of the insert is only 15 pounds complete...

Hope to have some good progress news by the end of the weekend...

craigweaver

Chief Petty Officer

nice upgrade there Gus! Looks like you're ready to haul her now.

Good luck with the glassin this weekend. Can't wait to see the results.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Man between you and CW I got a serious case of trailer envy ! Its about time for me ta pry open the pocket book and get mine ready ..:)

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Now may be the time

What's Tampa? 4hr drive?
hmmm.gif

You know you need 1, JDA's joint is much further journey for you or I then WOG....
Hmmm, that there is one good looking machine for very little scratch...the way I drive, yeah, 'bout 4 hrs...too bad timing is a bit off...I am already booked for the weekend and I don't think that one's gonna last through another week...oh well, still a ways off before I plan on any stitching...

Man between you and CW I got a serious case of trailer envy ! Its about time for me ta pry open the pocket book and get mine ready ..:)
With such an awesome looking boat, you definitely can't drop it down on just any old ratty looking ride, ya know...:nod:

nice upgrade there Gus! Looks like you're ready to haul her now.

Good luck with the glassin this weekend. Can't wait to see the results.
Thanks CW, hopefully it all goes as planned...:eagerness:

Super Duper Happy Friday, Y'all!:happy:

jbcurt00

Staff member

Friday! Yep!

:smow: brrr... need a boathouse flunky for the next 8-9wks?

Status
Not open for further replies.