Love, Necessity and Pride

Status
Not open for further replies.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Re: Love, Necessity and Pride

GT1M, it is looking nice. What type primer and top coat paint are you using? I have all my engine disassemblied sand blasted and ready for priming myself, but I need to know whether to use Zinc Chromate, Etching, or Epoxy base primer first and then PPG K36 sandable primer... What are you using?

jbcurt00

Staff member

Paint work looks great, weather looks fabulous :tan:

Any excess moolah-tree fertilizer you ain't using, would be appreciated.

Maybe you could post your secret recipe, help out a fellow iboats buddy ..?? :kiwi-fruit:

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

GT1M, it is looking nice. What type primer and top coat paint are you using? I have all my engine disassemblied sand blasted and ready for priming myself, but I need to know whether to use Zinc Chromate, Etching, or Epoxy base primer first and then PPG K36 sandable primer... What are you using?

Thanks gm280,
I have been using Rustoleum Professional Aluminum Primer in a spray can and I top coated with Rustoleum Oil-based Gloss Black, thinned about 10% and sprayed on...From my past experiences with this paint, I know it to be hard as nails and very long wearing, although I will see how well it stands up to the freshwater environment that this engine will eventually see...

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Sweet ! Looks like I wasn,t the only one doing some painting today ! I love living in Fla ! 75 ta 80 up here to GT .. :cool:

Thanks SP, yeah the weather down here is kinda nice...just a bit too warm for my taste, tho...:wink:

Paint work looks great, weather looks fabulous :tan:

Any excess moolah-tree fertilizer you ain't using, would be appreciated.

Maybe you could post your secret recipe, help out a fellow iboats buddy ..?? :kiwi-fruit:

Thanks JC, Unfortunately my "secret recipe" is no secret at all...live in a congested city where people crash their cars in abundant numbers and learn to fix them...cheaper, faster and better than the other guy...:facepalm::madgrin:

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

R U putting Hardener in the paint? What gun are you using? Tip size? Details man Details!!!!

Oh, Yeah it looks good, too!!!!!:)

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade

don't know what looks better...the paint job...or your "Heine" lol....

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

As usual...Awesome work...!

Thank you, Se?or!:smile-new:

R U putting Hardener in the paint? What gun are you using? Tip size? Details man Details!!!!
Oh, Yeah it looks good, too!!!!!:)

No Sir, no hardener...using and old, almost antique DeVilbiss Touch-up Gun [aka, Jamb Gun]...honestly have no idea on the tip size
And Dank?:D

don't know what looks better...the paint job...or your "Heine" lol....

I have to admit it is a toss up between the two...I have always been known to have a good looking "Heine":lol:

Decker83

Commander

What you have going on there GT1M.. Looks like a parts store or something.. Everytime I peek into the thread I see newly painted motor parts..:peep:

Its all looking good.. Have a safe and happy Holidays for you and the family..

chriscraft254

Commander

Hey Gus, Just catching up on your restore man. Or should I say rebuild/build/new boat! lol Anyway, the Hull paint looks fantastic and I think a pearl white two tone with the silver would look awesome. Hehe.

Seriously though, its all in the prep man, and you can always tell when the paint goes on how much work was put into something. Congrats. Hopefully I'll be getting my hands dirty again soon on some projects. Talk to ya soon man. :)

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Just popped in to say...

Merry Christmas to all the Iboats gang...
May all your homes be full of Joy and Blessings...
Peace

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Thank you all!
May the New Year bring Peace, Joy, Health, Prosperity and Boatloads of Fun for everyone!
God Bless you all!

jbcurt00

Staff member

And to you as well GT!

Happy New Year

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Paging Gus... Everything okay? Haven't seen you around for a few weeks buddy... Hope you are doing okay.

pmc

craigweaver

Chief Petty Officer

Ok, you can quick hiding and looking for me :facepalm: I'm back!

Love the work you've done the past few months but hey where'd you go?

Status
Not open for further replies.