Love, Necessity and Pride

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Re: Love, Necessity and Pride

I can't remember, did the computer crash & get replaced or rehab'd?

Looking forward to seeing the Bassassin getting some attention soon.......

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Thanks for the poking and prodding and genuine concern...I am just glad the raccoons haven't gone nuts around here...
Well, I haven't been around much lately thanks to being really busy tending to the tree of greenbacks...even the Holidays have had to play second fiddle to the old grind...but as they say, BS walks and money talks...
I have been lurking briefly as time has permitted and been trying to stay up to date on all the happenings...
Haven't had the time to do much resto-boating lately, but the times they are a changin'...
I have recently acquired some fresh supplies to get back to some serious boat work...
Purchased a POR-15 Kit from Eastwood to do the upper and lower steering knuckles on the swivel bracket...

DSCF2492.jpg

Picked up some new hardware for my "racing" motor mounts...

DSCF2491.jpg

Got hold of some PPE, that I will soon be using to get my grind on...

DSCF2520.jpg

And I scored some serious "good boy" points with Santa...
Especially this new toy...

DSCF2518.jpg

So be prepared for some really poor amateur vids coming to a thread near you...
Hopefully be getting some forward progress on the 'ol tub and will soon be tackling the actual put together of "Tall, Dark and Handsome"...aka the Tower of Power...
Looking forward to much progress in the coming weeks, since the weather is soon to be taking a turn for the cooler side of the thermometer...which for me is most inspiring to get stuff done...
And, I have gained full access to our body shop, when necessary, to use the facilities there...will make some of the upcoming work a great deal easier to tackle...
I hope everyone is having a good beginning to the new year and I'll be along soon with many advancements...

Stand by for some more updates...
C'yall L8r...

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

And the rest of the current story...

The "Bassassin" got to ride on its new set of wheels for the first time ever...

DSCF2499.jpg

DSCF2502.jpg

Got to the shop for some much needed grinding sessions...

DSCF2507.jpg

Some of the awesome advantages of being able to work at the shop...
No Neighbors to B***h and moan about some FG dust in the atmosphere...
Being able to use all the air tools at my disposal to make working a lot easier...

DSCF2510.jpg

The only minor drawback is I can't keep the boat there, due to lack of space, but it is a tiny, minute, itsy, bitsy price to pay for the ability to use the shop on the weekends...plus I will get lots of practice hooking up and towing the trailer to and from...

And after spending almost 8 hours on Saturday and 4 hours on Sunday, this is what the freshly ground down interior looks like...

DSCF2525.jpg

So, the Good Lord willing, the next few weekends will start to see some major leaps and bounds on this old, long, drawn out restoration...

Have a great upcoming week and may all your restorations continue forward in a positive manner...

TaTa4now,gt:)

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

OOOOOPS! forgot to post pics of the parts I painted using the POR-15...:embarassed:

Upper motor mounting bracket/steering arm...

DSCF2495.jpg

Lower Motor mounting bracket...

DSCF2494.jpg

There, that should do for a complete update ...:rolleyes:

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

moan about some FG dust in the atmosphere...

Man, I've been kinda itchen lately. You think you could cut down on all that grinden man or am I going to have to gear up with all my PPE to go get the mail?:violin:

(Good to have ya back Gus!:yo:)

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

I Was considering using POR-15 to do my trailer , How do you like that stuff so far?

To be totally honest...I have read many good things about this stuff, and have seen it recommended by many, but it is the first time I have ever used it...
Following the prep and application instructions, it was easy to apply...
As far as how well it works or lasts, well, only time will tell...
I did top coat it with a couple of coats of Rustoleum, due to it needing protection from UV light, as per their instructions...
Go to their website and investigate what products they recommend for your trailer's material and fire them a Email with any questions you might have...I had good interaction with them...

Trooper82

Commander

Good to see ya back there Gus...progress looking good as usual!

jbcurt00

Staff member

Bam!

Helluva update......

Congrats on the new sorta unlimited access to the shop. That's a deal! My work situation is also about to pay dividends that will push the resto work back into gear :)

Interior looks great! Bassassin looks right at home on it's new ride!

All really good news, couldn't have happened to a better fella
character0007.gif

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Wow... Not only is he back...He's back with a killer update!

Congrats on the goodies and the the shop space... Look forward to seeing the put back.

Take Care,
pmc

craigweaver

Chief Petty Officer

Never mind, I see you've just been waaaaay to busy making progress to updated us lately.... lookin great as usually my friend!

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

So what are you doing next?

Using some of my freshly harvested moola bush fruit to get some supplies...:thumb:

First on the list is 10 gallons of resin, a BIG bag of Aerosil and a few other glassin items to be able to complete the PB bedding and complete wrapping of the stringers with the necessary layers of CSM and 1708...along with additional layering of 1708 on the inner hull to strengthen previously ground areas...

Also, have to make and install the perimeter nailer...

Once that hurdle is overcome...then its time for RE-capitation...well, sort-of...:noidea:

Also on the lookout for a new, used Tilt/Trim unit for my engine and a new Surge brake actuator for my trailer...

Besides that, not much...:rolleyes:

Happy Day B4 FridYaY!!!

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Wow, talk about SHOP ENVY!!!! I assume the Camtasia transfer worked???

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Man Oh Man, I am Blessed...

Been trying to sell the old boat trailer for quite awhile...

Had it on Craigslist for what seemed like an eternity...

Suddenly, last couple of days, I have gotten like 10 calls...

Today, one of those calls panned out and the trailer is sold and gone...just in time to allow the purchase of the glassing supplies needed for the BIG push, hopefully coming up next weekend..."fingers crossed"

Also allowed enough left over to purchase the New Brake Actuator Assembly for the trailer...

Two more big ticket items scratched off the list...pics of proof to follow within the next few days...

Thank You, Lord!

Happy Friday, gang!

Status
Not open for further replies.