Love, Necessity and Pride

Status
Not open for further replies.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Re: Love, Necessity and Pride

Yep , the small stuff sure adds up quick . I wish I could find the right fertilizer for my money tree ! :rolleyes:

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Quick Sunday update...

Put in a good 6 hour day at work, Saturday... trying to get a bit caught up...no pics...sorry...:p

Rest of Saturday, I got together with a State Trooper buddy of mine and took him to the range for some one on one with his service Glock .40 cal., he needs to qualify this coming Wednesday, so we spent a couple of hours getting him "dialed in"... by the end of the session, had him scoring solid 38-40 hits out of 40 shots...again, sorry, no pics...

Then I decided to see if I could hit the target...using my Kimber .45...I ran through 75 rounds at 25 yards, off-hand, in about 2 minutes and came up with this...

DSCF2239.jpg

I guess that'll do for a half-blind old fart...:rolleyes:

Then Sunday, among some Family to-do's, a run to H-D for some landscaping supplies, a few Huneedos around the house, I did manage to squeeze in a little progress towards the boat...in the form of stripping and prepping some of the engine cowling pieces for refinishing...

DSCF2237.jpg

DSCF2238.jpg

Hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend and may your week fly by, till next time...

Happy Monday...:D

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Welp if we ever had to go into battle I would most definitely want you on my side !!!:cool:
Nice prep work on the o/b parts !

Decker83

Commander

Glad to see you got some time in for the boat. Looks good as always.
I would say you have the target shooting down pat. Very nice grouping.
Have a good week.

jbcurt00

Staff member

I wanna camp out in the GT compound when the Zombie Apocalypse occurs. Gotta bring your own Twinkies though :rolleyes:

Nice work stripping the motor cowl parts :)

craigweaver

Chief Petty Officer

I'd say you got center mass down pat Gus! The OB parts are looking good.

Have a good week my friend.

D

Deleted member 340796

I can't believe I have been so busy I missed out on so much of this party. I love to shoot but never had a father or brother that would take me hunting. I would love to go for a few day hike and camp out each night while looking for game, then field dress it and return home with it. God that sounds like a great time to me. Sorry I am jumping off the subject but you know I am not getting any younger so I have to try every chance I get. :)

GT your project is really coming along. You talk about how fast my project is going but here you are on page 51 in your thread. I was just rereading thru some of it and share some of your problems. I live in an apartment complex right now so the neighbors are not happy about the dust but the funny thing is the only one b*&^%ing is a construction guy that lives here. I think he is intimidated because a woman is doing it. :D The management tried telling me I had to move the boat to the north 40 but I stopped them on that by saying if you are requiring me to move it there, then you are assuming financial responsibility for any damage done. I already had someone tip my hoist system over onto the boat while I was away from home once so they did not want any part of that. The way I look at it is that I am not bothering anyone and I clean up at the end of each day I am working. They just need to leave me alone. Your project seems much more complicated than mine, thank God for me. Still, you are doing a great job. Keep up the good work.

When it comes to future grinding consider opening both ends of your tent to allow air flow. Even without the vac system in place I think you would be vented well but not ticking off the neighbors too bad. Just my thoughts.

I love the many thoughts that come out on how to do things on this site. You guys have all helped me get thru some tough tasks with your ideas. For that I thank you all.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Well, today is officially ONE year since I started this thread pertaining to my attempt at bringing this old Glasstream Bass Boat back to life...

As far as it goes, it has been a slow and not always so steady ride to get to this point...Ups, Downs and in-betweens have all shared in this project...

So far the best part has been getting to know the high caliber of folks on this forum...Bar none, some of the nicest, most helpful people I have ever had the pleasure to come across in my life...and for putting up with me for so long, I want to shout out a huge...
THANKS!
This journey is far from over and I hope that with the guidance and support of all here, to be able to celebrate the actual completion of this project before the second anniversary of this thread...

OK, enough mushy stuff...on to what little progress has occurred...

To commemorate this day, I decided that drilling some holes in my boat would be a good thing...

DSCF2245.jpg

DSCF2246.jpg

For drainage, of course...but I very well could not leave raw wood exposed, so I made liners out of PVC...broke out the Dremel and tapered the inside edge and roughed up the outer skin for a good mechanical adhesion between the wood/PB/PVC...

DSCF2249.jpg

DSCF2256.jpg

Made a simple support hook out of a wire hanger [don't let Joan Crawford hear me say that...]

DSCF2257.jpg

Then mixed up some PB I had stashed away and installed them...

DSCF2259.jpg

Gonna try and get some more engine cowling parts stripped and prepped in between chores...till then...

Have a super Sunday and may your upcoming week be profitable, safe and fast!

jbcurt00

Staff member

Congrats on your 1st anniversary ;)

Where are those drain holes? The horizontal tie brace across the tops of the transom knee braces?

Nice work roughing the PVC!

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Congrats on your 1st anniversary ;) Thank You!

Where are those drain holes? The horizontal tie brace across the tops of the transom knee braces? Yes...

Nice work roughing the PVC!
Awww, Twerent nutin...;)

Trooper82

Commander

Congrats on your Resto Anniversary!

It has been a pleasure getting to knw you as well Gus...you have been most helpful around these parts to alot of resto noobs...myself included!

Your workmanship is stellar...and I must admit...I was wondering how that hull was going to turn out early on...but you have made it one to refer back too for a long time...keep up the progress...you will be on the water before you know it!

You, JB, SP, WoG, Bear and alot of others...were all part in me undertaking the resto I am in...thanks guys :)

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Quick final Sunday update...

Able get the Cowling Cover and most of the lower cowling stripped...

DSCF2243.jpg

DSCF2265.jpg

DSCF2269.jpg

DSCF2270.jpg

DSCF2271.jpg

Just a little more clean up on these, then I am going to start stripping the intermediate housing, lower unit and mounting bracket...in the next couple of weeks or so, that is...

Happy Monday, y'all...

jbcurt00

Staff member

GT: Sanding or stripping paint @ the motor? Looks good either way!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Congrats on the first year Gus ! It,s been funner than a barrel a monkeys !:D
Me and the Admiral are wanting to take a trip down to the keys one day so I,d like ta swing by and say hey If your around ..
BTW the ob preps looking good !

rrumba

Ensign

Gus,
Good to see you make the mark and still moving on it. You are at the part that i am about to do, taking apart the OB to repaint it. Although i do not think i will go as far as you are. That is some serious determination.

Hope your week is filled with progress.

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Enjoyed following along this past year... Looking forward to the day this boat gets splashed!

Status
Not open for further replies.