Love, Necessity and Pride

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral
Re: Love, Necessity and Pride

Yeah, unless you work for Dow Chemical or Dupont or have a chemical engineering degree, I suggest you stay away from mixing your own...besides, me personally, I have enough stuff to keep me occupied without inadvertently blowing up my neighborhood...:eek:

th

jbcurt00

Staff member

Yeah, unless you work for Dow Chemical or Dupont or have a chemical engineering degree, I suggest you stay away from mixing your own...besides, me personally, I have enough stuff to keep me occupied without inadvertently blowing up my neighborhood...:eek:

Agreed... G

Google turkey fryer :facepalm:

Seems like such a simple, obvious, little thing: THAW the turkey before you drop it into boiling hot grease, OUTSIDE & away from the house & roof overhangs.

But apparently it isn't that obvious, and several times a year, someone sets their garage on fire.....

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade

th

i wouldn't put much faith in some of Dow's and DuPont's CE's....they were a customer of a place i used to work for.....they must :facepalm: several times at day at their desks

sevanseriesta

Petty Officer 1st Class

I talked to uscomposites and they stated to me that the resin without the mekp does not change anything. They said that hazmat charge is because of the resin. Now this could just be a sales person with out the appropriate information but that was sent to me in an e-mail when I got a quote.

jbcurt00

Staff member

It pays to know where to buy MEKP locally whether you can skip buying & shipping it w/ your resin. Most of the fiberglass noobs around this joint seem to use 3/4+ of the MEKP while mixing the 1st 1/2 of the resin, and tend to run out. Finding & using the very small tubes is problematic, so if you know where you should be able to find it before you run low, all the better.

It would be awesome if you could save the hazmat fee though.

BTW: MEKP comes w/ the resin at US Composites. So maybe the sales person didn't know for sure. If they did, they should have stated the price difference to buy the resin w/out the catalyst...

Decker83

Commander

I order just the mekp from us composites in the 16% bottle and pay very little to have it shipped. I buy my resin here local and pay
$129.00 a pail.

CaptainKickback

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I order just the mekp from us composites in the 16% bottle and pay very little to have it shipped. I buy my resin here local and pay
$129.00 a pail.

Hey decker, I'm assuming a pale is 5 gal.

Sea ya...

Decker83

Commander

That is a correct answer CK. It's sold by the pound and it weights 45 lbs a pail. It looks like a 5 gallon pail to me.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Not much happening, except I picked up a new toy...

DSCF2295.jpg

And I got a little bit of priming and painting done on some of the engine bits...used some mar-pro and rustoleum aluminum primer and top coating with good 'ol Gloss Black, Oil-Based Rustoleum...

DSCF2300.jpg

DSCF2301.jpg

DSCF2302.jpg

DSCF2303.jpg

DSCF2305.jpg

Continued...

jbcurt00

Staff member

Nice work!
clapping.gif

The gloss black Merc will look great hanging of the back of the silver hull
wink2.gif

Decker83

Commander

Very nice priming and painting. Need to get mine over there for your next paint job.
Always looking good GT. :D

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Nice work ! Was the black out of a rattle can ? I,m not sure if I will paint my ob or not .

CaptainKickback

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Congrats on scoring the new toy for your collection. Going to leave it as is or put some camo Duratec on it?

Sea ya...

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Ooooh pretty!

Me likey, too...:D

Nice work!
clapping.gif

The gloss black Merc will look great hanging of the back of the silver hull
wink2.gif

Dankesch?n, I am hoping the Tall, Dark and Handsome Tower of Power will look, how should I put this....mmmmmm, OK...

Very nice priming and painting. Need to get mine over there for your next paint job.
Always looking good GT. :D

Always welcome...you strip 'em though...;)

Nice work ! Was the black out of a rattle can ? I,m not sure if I will paint my ob or not .
Thanks, S.P., no, it was in a quart can, slightly thinned for brushing...might spray the finish on the outside surfaces, though...

GT, the tower looks great! I beleave you can still get the decals. C-ya

Thank you...Yes Sir, They are available from several sources...although I may do something crazy...stay tuned...

Congrats on scoring the new toy for your collection. Going to leave it as is or put some camo Duratec on it?

Sea ya...

Hmmmm, a Duratec'd finish...:rolleyes:

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

As promised, a little more engine painting progress...

Three coats of Dupont Corlar Epoxy High Build Primer applied to these parts...

DSCF2319.jpg

DSCF2317.jpg

They need to cure for about 8-12 hours before I can lightly scuff and apply the final color...maybe tomorrow...

Oh, and yes these were sprayed...by yours truly using a very old, but still functional Devilbiss touch up gun...

Some more paint progress later...;)...

Trooper82

Commander

Looks like good enough for final color...I'd have not believed those were primer if you hadn't said so...

Awesome work as always GT!

Status
Not open for further replies.