Love, Necessity and Pride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trooper82

Commander
Re: Love, Necessity and Pride

Make sure you flip before too many adult beverages...would not want to see any scratches or dings on that beautiful paint :)

jbcurt00

Staff member

Trooper, Yoda & I all agree:

Flip this hull, with not a scratch you will ;)

Activate that silver, slick, sleek, sexy hull's hover-round feature......

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Well, as they say...the best laid plans of mice and men...

Here's what happened today...BTW, this is my first attempt at any kind of video and I am making this disclaimer, all content is what it is and whatever blah, blah, blah and yakkity, yak...click on the pics and enjoy...

Before the big flip...a little grillin for the bribing and prepping for the flippin...

Had planned all along to get some during pics/vids of the mighty flip, but alas, the gang showed up...the videographer was busy with her fish and by the time we realized that documentation was not occurring...we were already here...

DSCF2232.jpg

Oh well, after all is said and done, the "Bassassin" is resting comfortably upon his nice comfy ride, no scratches, gouges, scrapes or dings occurred [all of which can happen when this thing actually gets wet in a few months...] and the real work can begin anew...grinding and glassing...

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend planning, prepping and doing stuff with their boats

Have a great Sunday!

Trooper82

Commander

That went like clock work..nice job!
I got a little dizzy on the one vid...

Sure looked like a nice day though...congrats man...

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Yep ,good food , good drinks , good Fl weather , the best of friends = GREAT FLIP !!
Congrats GT !!!!

BTW, walking back looking from under the tree all I could think was WOW what an awesome paint job !:cool:

bear_69cuda

Commander

Brutha Gus,

Diggin the keel guard choice! Congrats on the flippage dood!

CaptainKickback

Lieutenant Junior Grade

GT, enjoyed the vids, but what was that scraping sound I heard while you were cranking?

Just kidding

Congrats on the flip.

Sea ya...

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander

Woo Hoo a successful flip!

Thanks for the vids, she looks good sitting on that new wide trailer. A comforting thought - you shouldn't have to ever crank her that far on ever again.

craigweaver

Chief Petty Officer

love the keel guard and congrats on the flip!!! I vote for Green as well Gus. She sure is looking good!

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Sooo...Beer and Brauts is all that's required to flip a boat. Good info to have for the future. She looks "Rite Good" perched up there on the trailer.:)

Decker83

Commander

She's looking great on the new resting place. Looking forward to seeing what else you do.
BTW, nice vids. Keep em coming.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Thanks for the pats on the back...they feel good...so does having this puppy back on its resting place...:)

Plan is to remove all the flip bracing and just keep the basic bracing for hull width...

Then I need to check and see if I need to ruff-n-scuff the entire inner hull, or if it feels tacky after a good acetone/styrene bath...hopefully the acetone/styrene will do it, thus saving me the not so fun job of the r-n-s...:redface:

Still have to PB and CSM the remaining out board stringers, and touch up a few spots, here and there, with PB and CSM prior to going back and adding all the necessary 1708 tabbing to the entire inner hull...

I also need to add some drain holes to the cross brace, so it can drain into the bilge...

Then I am hoping to install the cap nailer to the upper edge of the hull...

Next plan of attack is to cut the cap and place it on the hull, start laying out the position of the fuel tank, batteries, live wells, plumbing, wiring raceways, seating, consoles, storage, bulkheads, etc, etc...

Also, I have some painting ideas that need addressing...

That is where the fun begins...

Oh yeah, I also have a crazy idea to take the hull as it sits now, to a nearby ramp and do a quick load/unload and float test...more on that as it happens...;)...

In between, I am getting the engine pieces and parts ready for re-assembly of the mighty Tower of Power and growing some new branches on the money tree to get more fiberglassing supplies to complete all of the above...:facepalm:

All of the above will be occurring as time and money become available...right now, thank goodness, I am slammed at work, to the point I am working on Saturdays, and I have some folks that have requested I train them in the tactical use of firearms...that will chew up the rest of my free time for the foreseeable future...so my progress on the boat will be limited, but I am definitely going to be spending as much time as I can on it...

Stay tuned for some exciting happenings coming to this thread as soon as possible...:rolleyes:...

Happy Friday, everyone!:D

jbcurt00

Staff member

My handy tip of the day:

Well cover & protect that hull paint along the hull lip & down over the trailer..... Heavy mil plastic, not grocery sac painters mask plastic

Painters tape to attach to the hull, and over lap duct tape 1/2"+ onto a to be covered area behind the cap at the rubrail for the holding power....

You're a fairly neat resin mixer/applicator, but why court danger? It looks so great now, no resin buggers allowed! :eek:

Wait, you work at a body shop, that's all gonna be 2nd nature.....

OK, back to your regularly scheduled awesome programming ;)

craigweaver

Chief Petty Officer

I don't want to hear any excuses Gus if we pass you :facepalm:

I sure understand needing to feed the money tree. I hope all goes well with the firearms teaching and the extra time on Sat work so you can get back to full speed ahead soon.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

My handy tip of the day:

Well cover & protect that hull paint along the hull lip & down over the trailer..... Heavy mil plastic, not grocery sac painters mask plastic

Painters tape to attach to the hull, and over lap duct tape 1/2"+ onto a to be covered area behind the cap at the rubrail for the holding power....

You're a fairly neat resin mixer/applicator, but why court danger? It looks so great now, no resin buggers allowed! :eek:

Wait, you work at a body shop, that's all gonna be 2nd nature.....

OK, back to your regularly scheduled awesome programming ;)

As gets proven time and again, powerful hamster wheels travel at the same relative speed...already in the works...;)

I don't want to hear any excuses Gus if we pass you :facepalm:

I sure understand needing to feed the money tree. I hope all goes well with the firearms teaching and the extra time on Sat work so you can get back to full speed ahead soon.

Excuses, excuses, I don't need no stinkin excuses...:p

Happy Friday, y'all!

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade

so...with no excuses....you'll be ready to splash this gem in about a week??

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade

i estimate i only have about a month's work left on mine....if i had a month of free time and the money to buy the rest of the stuff i needed
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.