Love, Necessity and Pride

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainKickback

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Love, Necessity and Pride

Monochromatic. Just my color scheme so you know I concur with your choice.

Sea ya...

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

I vote for the darker gray on the keel guard .. Seems to blend in more ..
And on the hull sides contrasting color how do you think white would look ? Maybe even pinstriped in black ..

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade

pink with purple polk-a-dots???? anyone????

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

I don't see any glitter on those keel guards, rats!

Ah well, I'd go for whatever grey is the closest match to yur hull;)

jbcurt00

Staff member

Wow, 80"+ of rain so far this year w/ 90days to go, max annual rain in recorded history.... And temps in the high 80's - low 90's Guess that makes it easier to give the paint enough time to fully cure before the flip. Does that paint need UV exposure for full cue?

BTW: I think YD nailed it:
Wow ..

This is just .. just .. amazing ..

YD.

bear_69cuda

Commander

Brutha Gus,

I'm blown away by the paint also.... Flippin unreal dood!

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Thanks for all the positive feedback, guys...means a lot!

According to the spec sheet for this particular paint, it can be placed into limited service after only 72 hours...however, I contacted Dupont asking when I could apply a coat of marine wax, and they responded to wait 90-120 days...well, realistically that is not going to happen...heck, I am hoping to be almost done with this resto in another 6 months...:facepalm:

Anyhoooo...I ordered the Charcoal Gray Keel Guard and I have decided to wait till next weekend to do the flip...that way, I can install the Keel Guard while it is easy to do, right side down side up side...:rolleyes:...

Plus, most of my buddies are free next weekend to assist with the flip...bribing with free beer and B-B-Q, didn't hurt either...;)...

Gonna take care of some Huneee-do's this weekend and go to my sister's B-day party on Sunday...so no progress planned on the boat...but if any thing happens, you guys will be the first to know...:)

Happy Friday and may you all have a Fun and Progressive weekend either working on your boats or playing on your boats...:D

CaptainKickback

Lieutenant Junior Grade

It been 4 days since GT's last post. When this happened before, he emerged with a shiny painted hull. I wander what's up this time?

Sea ya...

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Well, it's finally humpday with an update...

This arrived...

Untitled.jpg

And after carefully following the provided instructions...had this to show for it...

DSCF2209.jpg

of course it rained just as I was trying to finish up, but got it on there...

Also, took these to work with me today and used the shop's sandblasting cabinet to get them cleaned up...
The original pedestal seat bases...ready for installation { in about 6 months...}
And, yes, they are made of cast 'aluminuminmuminin'...

DSCF2206.jpg

Hopefully get my crew together this weekend and flip this sucker back on to its trailer and get some real work done on it...

Happy Thursday, guys...:D

jbcurt00

Staff member

Great looking. I looked at the bases & thought 'Glasstream? What Glasstream??' :facepalm::confused::facepalm:

They look great too! :cool:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Nice work on the keelgard and pedestals ! This may be a dumb ? Do the guards usually stop just past the bow or do some continue running down the rest of the hull ? And do you think a guard like that would conform to my MFG keel ? I will prolly be beaching quite often ..

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Thanks Troop...:D

S.P., the guard will definitely conform...when you first get it, you set it out in the sun for awhile...as you get all the prep done...when you stick it down...it sticks!

As far as the correct size, they go by the length of the boat...in my case a 17-18 foot boat, they recommend a 6 foot long unit...

It starts approximately 6-12 inches above the waterline and runs down from there...I installed mine starting a few inches below the Bow Eye...

They don't recommend using it if the guard is going to sitting directly on a trailer roller...

The DVD that comes with it explains exactly what you need to do...most of the info is also available on their website...

Pretty simple install...

Check out their website for more info... http://www.keelguard.com/

There is another brand available which cost less, but the quality of the material seemed a bit inferior to this brand...plus this one looks better to me...:)

Decker83

Commander

The Keel Guard and the seat base look great. Hope you can get the hull fliped this weekend.
Keep up the excellent work.

Status
Not open for further replies.