Love, Necessity and Pride

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainKickback

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Love, Necessity and Pride

Now, unfortunately, for good measure, I am in a wickedly unhealthy waiting period of at least a week before I can do much of anything else, and I just know that it is going to be driving me crazy...

The only thing I have to look forward to, is the wax job that I am going to give it before the BIG flip and maybe a few minor little things that I can accomplish until it is sitting back on its ride...

Until then, may you all have fun, productive days...

I will be spending most of my free time just sitting in the back yard staring and hanging out here on the Forum...;)

You need to learn to work upside down man!

That's my plight for the moment. BUT, you have to think upside down too.

As for color, that's a personal preference, but if you have enough of your bottom paint left, tinting it to your preference would give a really consistent look.

Sea ya...

Willyclay

Captain

My Admiral really likes the dark midnight blue that is used on the newer Chris Crafts.

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member

My Admiral really likes that dark midnight blue that is used on the newer Chris Crafts.

Me too :cool: That's very similar to the color blue I was 'seeing' when I said the RIGHT blue earlier... And that blue would work great w/ both black & red accents.

And now for something completely wrong, I blame the Admiral & her niece, whose here for a mani-pedi, hair, & make-up help pre-homecoming :facepalm: This was THEIR idea, said since we were spit balling various colors, they wanted to 'help' :redface:
GTs_zps2547ce50.jpg

I apologize, and if anybody needs to reach me, I'll be sitting in the driveway, surrounded by all my tools & assorted boat & motor parts. After an appropriate period of 'soak', I'll re-apply for my man card :redface:

I apologize for desecrating your thread & the profile of the Bassassin.....

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander

Little late to the party,

GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY THAT LOOKS AWESOME!!!!

Glad all the work and waiting paid off, big pat on the back to you and your painter.
:D

After that last post I'd quit listening to JB about color.
:rolleyes::)

dirtmod61

Cadet

Hey man. Just throwing stuff against the wall here, but, uh, when you're out on the high seas, amongst the hordes of roving Buccaneers, do you really want your boat looking like a Dallas Cowboy fullback? (IE: silver/blue/black) You will need a failsafe backup plan. Take it from me....a mini cannon takes up WWWAAAYYYY too much space on the bow casting deck. Texas heat has warped my fragile little mind. I hear the Gubmint is working on an active camo/invisibility cloak type of gimmick. You might wanna check that out.

Edit: Also from experience, the burgundy/wine/dark red shades are a pain in the proverbial arse to maintain cosmetically. See pic. I know. Nuff said.

Last edited:

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

I almost forgot to ask, whats the paint tray on the back?

Hadn't done any paintshopping to the pic, so I threw that on there to camouflage the tag...:rolleyes:

Me too That's very similar to the color blue I was 'seeing' when I said the RIGHT blue earlier... And that blue would work great w/ both black & red accents.

And now for something completely wrong, I blame the Admiral & her niece, whose here for a mani-pedi, hair, & make-up help pre-homecoming This was THEIR idea, said since we were spit balling various colors, they wanted to 'help'

I apologize, and if anybody needs to reach me, I'll be sitting in the driveway, surrounded by all my tools & assorted boat & motor parts. After an appropriate period of 'soak', I'll re-apply for my man card

I apologize for desecrating your thread & the profile of the Bassassin.....

S'OK, if'n I had a daughter or two, that scheme may very well have ended up on there...:eek:

Man card violation removed due to source of inspiration...;)

My Admiral really likes the dark midnight blue that is used on the newer Chris Crafts.

Yeah, I am kind of leaning that way...a little...

You need to learn to work upside down man!

That's my plight for the moment. BUT, you have to think upside down too.

As for color, that's a personal preference, but if you have enough of your bottom paint left, tinting it to your preference would give a really consistent look.

Sea ya...

So many choices...:facepalm:...and I have been busy working right side wrong with some ideas {more on that next post}...but it would be next to impossible to do any of the glassing I have left to do that way...nbsiqe qomu...that is...

I can see it now......

Gus in the Bass assassin' in the Big O...full moon shining chop in the water from a light wind...and the refraction of moon beams being bounced through the waves to the underside of the boat...making an inverted lighthouse effect under water...and bass for miles around staring in awe and amzement at what they see....

Damn that looks nice Gus! Congrats man....all that work has paid off 10 foold for you...

Thanks, Troop...I hope it at least impresses the Bass...:)

Throw a Burgundy Wine on there, I think you'll like it. I had a 70's Dodge Maxi Van Painted Wine and Burgundy. I loved that thing and got lots of compliments on it.

Like This???

uptonow6_zps4cf6b3d6.png

Little late to the party,

GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY THAT LOOKS AWESOME!!!!

Glad all the work and waiting paid off, big pat on the back to you and your painter.

After that last post I'd quit listening to JB about color

Thanks TDF, Kudos accepted and passed along...

Hey man. Just throwing stuff against the wall here, but, uh, when you're out on the high seas, amongst the hordes of roving Buccaneers, do you really want your boat looking like a Dallas Cowboy fullback? (IE: silver/blue/black) You will need a failsafe backup plan. Take it from me....a mini cannon takes up WWWAAAYYYY too much space on the bow casting deck. Texas heat has warped my fragile little mind. I hear the Gubmint is working on an active camo/invisibility cloak type of gimmick. You might wanna check that out.

Edit: Also from experience, the burgundy/wine/dark red shades are a pain in the proverbial arse to maintain cosmetically. See pic. I know. Nuff said.

I usually keep a small nuke handy, for just such situations...

Still banging color ideas around in my head...

And, my fishin buddy got himself a new set of guide-on bunk rollers for his trailer, so it gave us an excuse to go out and test them out...

Water levels remain way too high for the fish to be much more than curious about our bait, but happy to report the guide-ons worked as expected...

Had to head back early, due to many t-storms rolling in...

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

And here is another wacky, but fun idea I have been working on...

Still not finalized, but this may end up being the logo for the "Bassassin"...:rolleyes:...

BassassinLogo4_zps5f517ba2.jpg

BassassinLogo1_zpsa37a8e4c.jpg

Have a great Saturday, guys...:D

jbcurt00

Staff member

No mullet carnage laying about at his 'fin'?

Sushi maybe after he's done slicing & dicing?

Is that a Damascus blade? Seems to have that wavy folded steel grain pattern to it...:cool:

Good work!

rrumba

Ensign

GT, congrats on an absolutely bbbbeeeeeeeeaaaauuuuuttttttiiiiiiffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuulllll paint job. I would have to agree, except maybe let it sit there and admire it for 2 days with good stick each day. i hope your flip is flawless sir.....

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

If a fish comes at me yielding a sword I,m gunna change my fishing hole or quit drinking ! :eek:
Samurai Big fish in little pond !! LOL ! :D

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Gus, I think a lot of colors would add a nice punch to that silver, but I tend to agree with the others that green might not be the best unless you went dark with it (almost hunter)... I'm thinking a nice "gun metal blue" (or black) accent to that silver... Again, its your choice and everything you have done thus far has been fantastic... So, go with what you like and it will turn out great!!!

Peace, my friend,
pmc

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

GT, congrats on an absolutely bbbbeeeeeeeeaaaauuuuuttttttiiiiiiffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuulllll paint job. I would have to agree, except maybe let it sit there and admire it for 2 days with good stick each day. i hope your flip is flawless sir.....

Thank you, Sir...and I am definitely going to follow your advice...;)

If a fish comes at me yielding a sword I,m gunna change my fishing hole or quit drinking ! :eek:
Samurai Big fish in little pond !! LOL ! :D

This is why you always need to carry a small tactical nuke on board...:rolleyes:

Gus, I think a lot of colors would add a nice punch to that silver, but I tend to agree with the others that green might not be the best unless you went dark with it (almost hunter)... I'm thinking a nice "gun metal blue" (or black) accent to that silver... Again, its your choice and everything you have done thus far has been fantastic... So, go with what you like and it will turn out great!!!

Peace, my friend,
pmc

Thank you, Brother...I have been admiring a dark, almost Hunter Green...

No mullet carnage laying about at his 'fin'?

Sushi maybe after he's done slicing & dicing?

Is that a Damascus blade? Seems to have that wavy folded steel grain pattern to it...:cool:

Good work!

Thanks, fertile brain and all that, ya know...:eek:

Hope everyones had a productive/fun weekend...Admiral & I are off to celebrate her Seestir's and their Aunt's 2fer1 combo B-days...

Happy Week, y'all

Decker83

Commander

WOW!!! Just catching up with your thread. All the hard work you put in the prep certainly shows in the paint job. Man she is AWESOME.
Very big CONGRATS on a perfect job.
With all the help you are getting from the other gentlemen here about the colors. I think I sit back and just see what you come up with.
I know it will be awesome also. Love the sword fish. :D (lol) Great bass.

CaptainKickback

Lieutenant Junior Grade

After thinking about color further, your acquisition skills, and the talent of your painter, I wouldn't mind seeing a carbon fiber over silver metallic pattern. What do you think?

Sea ya...

jbcurt00

Staff member

I wouldn't mind seeing a carbon fiber over silver metallic pattern. What do you think?

Hmmm, that's intriguing, and a much more interesting look then 'just' the blue/black hue'd 2tone silver.

Along the carbon fiber look, an old school lace overlay:
lace_painting.jpg

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

WOW!!! Just catching up with your thread. All the hard work you put in the prep certainly shows in the paint job. Man she is AWESOME.
Very big CONGRATS on a perfect job.
With all the help you are getting from the other gentlemen here about the colors. I think I sit back and just see what you come up with.
I know it will be awesome also. Love the sword fish. :D (lol) Great bass.

Thanks Decker...gonna be fun figuring out which way the color wheel spins...that's for sure...

After thinking about color further, your acquisition skills, and the talent of your painter, I wouldn't mind seeing a carbon fiber over silver metallic pattern. What do you think?

Sea ya...

You know, even my painter was so impressed with my prep work and the way it has turned out , that he has already offered to do whatever I decide for the top half color, as far as spraying it...that's really cool...not sure how "fancy-shmansy" I am gonna get, but the thoughts are flying in my head...

Hmmm, that's intriguing, and a much more interesting look then 'just' the blue/black hue'd 2tone silver.

Along the carbon fiber look, an old school lace overlay:
lace_painting.jpg

Num, Num, Num, Num, Num, I am not listening to you any more...Num, Num, Num, Num, Num...LOL:D

FlaCowboy

Ensign

Looks Great GT...!!! I know you are Happy to be at this point. As for the color you are looking for now...what colors will your topside be...seats and carpet? I would pick a color that ties the top to the bottom.

Good Luck...keep up the good work and...we will be watching you...:D

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

I used to beat up kids with lace on their boats... just sayin'

Status
Not open for further replies.