Love, Necessity and Pride

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral
Re: Love, Necessity and Pride

Dood, just add glitter and those bugs will blend right in:D

Keep on it man

This stuff has more glitter in it than the original glitter job...if I add any more I might be able to blind and mesmerize the fish just long enough to catch 'em...

Sure would be nice to find somewhere you could try spraying the final coat or 2.

Man, I like the look of it, but sounds like the un-sprayed finish isn't doing it any justice....:(

Seems like the iboats thinking caps aren't working at full capacity. Maybe after the long weekend, they'll be recharged...

Gotta be a way, gotta be...........

All hope is not yet lost...

I agree with JB. If you have it prepped and all ready for the final coat someone would probably shoot it for less than 100 bucks. It might be worth asking around.

Working on a plan...

Man I thought you dumped the Bassassin and got one of those tin boats for a second . WHEW ! what a relief ..:D
Was that the trash bag technique ?

It does look like a big "tinluminametal" type boat, doesn't it???

Nope, no trash bag treatment, yet...

I agree with the above... the fact that you have it looking that great without spraying says a lot about your skills. I think it looks great even if you don't get to spray the last coat... Also, keep in mind... its the bottom... This is probably the last chance anyone (but the fish) will ever get a close look at it...

Thanks, PMC...

I'm gunna try, ONE MORE TIME, R U Sure you don't wanna try and roll n' roll this thing!!!!:eek: I sure wish I was a Rich man, I'd jump on a Plane and fly down next weekend and you and I could knock it out.:D

I truly appreciate the sentiment, WoG... but that is the roll-n-roll technique, every which way...it is an automotive type metallic paint, and no matter what you try to do, the metallics are held in suspension in the fluid base...every single subtle nuance of difference in application technique will show up...this stuff is meant to be sprayed...no two ways about it...I have done enough work with this type of paint, that I knew from the beginning that almost any attempt, short of spraying, would be futile...

Fret not my loyal compadres...I have only now begun to fight...plans are brewing...the hamster is wheeling away, thoughts and ideas are filtering through this feeble brain, as we speak...

I will, in the end, WIN!...there can be no other outcome...:D

Decker83

Commander

You can really see all the prep work you put into it has paid off extremly well. Everything looks nice and clean. Hope you can get the paint the way you want it.
It already is fantastic looking. Can't wait to see you finnish.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Ok, ONE MORE TIME, You just Gotta KNOW SOMEBODY that you can BEG, BRIBE or THREATEN to come over and build a tent and spray that thing!!!!! I think we would all chip in for the Equipment Rental:p:eek::D

jbcurt00

Staff member

Let me pony up a 5'r:
New_five_dollar_bill.jpg

;)

JDA1975

Lieutenant

I will sew the tent for ya! looks good....it doesn't have to be perfect il the final wet sand and polish/wax so your on the right track!

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Ok, ONE MORE TIME, You just Gotta KNOW SOMEBODY that you can BEG, BRIBE or THREATEN to come over and build a tent and spray that thing!!!!! I think we would all chip in for the Equipment Rental:p:eek::D

You can really see all the prep work you put into it has paid off extremly well. Everything looks nice and clean. Hope you can get the paint the way you want it.
It already is fantastic looking. Can't wait to see you finnish.

Let me pony up a 5'r:
New_five_dollar_bill.jpg

;)

+1 on the 5er.

I will sew the tent for ya! looks good....it doesn't have to be perfect il the final wet sand and polish/wax so your on the right track!

You guys are the absolute BEST!!!

You make my day, everyday!

Thanks for the incredible support...it makes this restoration worth more than I could possibly imagine...

The value of this boat, when finished, will be priceless...thanks to the help from this community.

Happiest of Labor Days to the entire Iboats Gang!

emoney

Commander

Spray it or keep rolling it, either way it's gonna look 100% better than when you started this project. So, what's this secret plan? I mean, I know that I don't have the security clearance to hear it, but if you post it here, I'll make sure not to read it. You know, that way the others can know. Trust me on this........

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Spray it or keep rolling it, either way it's gonna look 100% better than when you started this project. So, what's this secret plan? I mean, I know that I don't have the security clearance to hear it, but if you post it here, I'll make sure not to read it. You know, that way the others can know. Trust me on this........

Thanks for the thumbs up, emoney...but as for letting you in on the secret plan...well, you know what they say...if I tell you, I'm gonna have to...;)

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

I thought that was the hamster on the grill...

GT...you have to admit it looks alot better than when you started...keep up the good work.

MMMM, grilled hamster...:rolleyes:

Thanks, FlaCowboy, you are absolutely right it does look a ton better than when I started...

And just to prove it keeps looking better...

Here's a couple of pics of today's efforts...applied a third, and final for now, base coat...

DSCF2148.jpg

DSCF2149.jpg

DSCF2152.jpg

Finally, just for fun...here is an updated look of what I am thinking about...

bassassinpaintidea6-1.jpg

Comments and suggestions most welcome...:D

Hope everyone has had a great Labor Day...Cyall soon...

jbcurt00

Staff member

The paint looks to be going on much better today! Looks great from WV.

There may be some slight atmospheric distortion at this distance :eek: The new graphic is very ichthys-ian :)

Have a great '1 day shorter' week! :cool:

Trooper82

Commander

Looking good GT! Looks like you found more time this weekend than I did...

jbcurt00

Staff member

You got the same impression as I did...Now that's a mighty fishy statement...;)

Where do you stand on the whole water~wine conversion?

Might help when it comes time to flip the Bassassin back upright :D But make 'em wait 'til after.

Same with the loaves & fishes ;)

Decker83

Commander

Looks awesome with the final coat put on. Did you change how you applied the paint.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

You sure NASA hasn,t started back up over at GT,s place ? Gunna look outa this world !

Status
Not open for further replies.