Love, Necessity and Pride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Love, Necessity and Pride

If you ever decide to "get in way over your head" with that Stratos...I would love to hang and watch...my only suggestion is don't tell the "Admiral" before you start...;)...

This is the number 1 rule of boat ownership and restoration under the category of "Admiral Relations": Repeat after me:

"IT IS MUCH EASIER TO ASK FOR FORGIVENESS THAN PERMISSION."

Now, you are officially sworn in to the iboats club..

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Great news...Finally got the boat painted...

bassassinpaintidea5.jpg

Well, in MS Paint, anyway...:redface:...heeheehee...

Hope all are well after the storm...glad to have the forum back up and running...was going through withdrawals...don't even mind proving my humanity...

Happy Friday, y'all...

Trooper82

Commander

like the name tag on the side...numbers far enough forward?

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

like the name tag on the side...numbers far enough forward?

According to Florida laws...the furthest forward that the numbers can go and still meet the size and visibility requirements is A-OK...

In the case of this tub, that is where they have been since birth...The space above the rub rail is less than 2", so that's a no-go...if I were to put them any further forward, even if I used the correct height, they would not be "Clearly Visible", due to the angle of the hull...

BTW, hope Isaac didn't mess with you to much...

Trooper82

Commander

According to Florida laws...the furthest forward that the numbers can go and still meet the size and visibility requirements is A-OK...

In the case of this tub, that is where they have been since birth...The space above the rub rail is less than 2", so that's a no-go...if I were to put them any further forward, even if I used the correct height, they would not be "Clearly Visible", due to the angle of the hull...

BTW, hope Isaac didn't mess with you to much...

Sounds legit then!

We did OK...posted a couple pics over on the thread...

jbcurt00

Staff member

Nice work, it's good to see you kept busy on the boat work during the haitus :eek: Is that bow ~ stern strap OEM?

The scallop has kind of a Glastron flair to it.... And lastly, will the FL DNR/DMV/F&W allow the reg sticker that far astern? (EDIT: looks like yes it's a good site for the reg #'s)

Otherwise, congrats on getting the Bassassin painted :facepalm:

It was a long couple of days incommunicado, but welcome back. Looks like ya probably got the free boat wash this week.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Nice work, it's good to see you kept busy on the boat work during the haitus :eek: Is that bow ~ stern strap OEM?

The scallop has kind of a Glastron flair to it.... And lastly, will the FL DNR/DMV/F&W allow the reg sticker that far astern?

The "strap" was my pre-restoration solution to keeping the engine from ripping the already weak transom to shreds...Hahaha...hey it apparently worked...the motor blew up way before the transom gave out ...:rolleyes:...

The "flairs" are actually following a body line that are already there in the hull...the rendition is just one of a couple I have been messing around with as I try to figure out what I am actually going to do...so far it is one of my favs...

And, yeah, the reg sticker can be in front of or behind the port side reg #'S...

L8r...

jbcurt00

Staff member

Cool, glitter boat, body lines & some glitter paint :cool: Carry on, good stuff happening ;)

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Guess you found a paint booth to get out of all the rain..:rolleyes:

Decker83

Commander

I'm confused :confused: Did ya change paint??? :D
Have some straight lines in the MS Paint.

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander

Glad you made it through,
not a fan of green personally but it seems to work and I really like the scheme.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Well, long weekend finally here...weather has been half way decent...sooooo, some grillin is in order....

DSCF2142.jpg

and some painting...

but first the return of the BBE...

DSCF2135.jpg

DSCF2136.jpg

DSCF2140.jpg

DSCF2138.jpg

DSCF2139.jpg

That's the first coat, done...2-3 more to go before the application of the final coat...

Believe me when I tell you it looks like CARP!!! in person...every roller mark, every bug, and every piece of dirt in the air...is there...we shall see how it turns out as it progresses...

I am still keeping a couple of gallons of gas handy, just in case...

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

After scraping off the Jurassic encrusted bugs and dirt particles...the second base coat is applied...

DSCF2143.jpg

DSCF2145.jpg

DSCF2144.jpg

Darn it, I hate that it looks so good in pictures, but still looking way less than acceptable in real life...

Anyhow, hope everyone is having a good long weekend...

Happy Monday...

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Dood, just add glitter and those bugs will blend right in:D

Keep on it man;)

jbcurt00

Staff member

Sure would be nice to find somewhere you could try spraying the final coat or 2.

Man, I like the look of it, but sounds like the un-sprayed finish isn't doing it any justice....:(

Seems like the iboats thinking caps aren't working at full capacity. Maybe after the long weekend, they'll be recharged...

Gotta be a way, gotta be...........

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander

I agree with JB. If you have it prepped and all ready for the final coat someone would probably shoot it for less than 100 bucks. It might be worth asking around.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Man I thought you dumped the Bassassin and got one of those tin boats for a second . WHEW ! what a relief ..:D
Was that the trash bag technique ?

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

I agree with the above... the fact that you have it looking that great without spraying says a lot about your skills. I think it looks great even if you don't get to spray the last coat... Also, keep in mind... its the bottom... This is probably the last chance anyone (but the fish) will ever get a close look at it...

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

I'm gunna try, ONE MORE TIME, R U Sure you don't wanna try and roll n' roll this thing!!!!:eek: I sure wish I was a Rich man, I'd jump on a Plane and fly down next weekend and you and I could knock it out.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.