Love, Necessity and Pride

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral
Re: Love, Necessity and Pride

Het GT. Fort Lauderdale gun show this weekend. Do you ever go?

The one at the War Memorial Auditorium, yep...last time 'bout 3 years ago...love to go when I can, but I have to have cash in my pocket, cause I can't go to them and NOT buy something...:redface:...you going?,... today or tomorrow?

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Sunday evening Update...

In between a ton of honey-do's and other familial obligations, I managed to squeeze in an hour here, an hour there and get the initial rough sanding [read 80 grit], of the primer touch-ups...did I say say 30 minutes somewhere to do this...I forgot how long it takes to sand anything...all told it was a total of about 3.5-4 hours to go from this...[note all the shiny spots]

DSCF2121.jpg

DSCF2118.jpg

DSCF2120.jpg

To this...

DSCF2123.jpg

DSCF2122.jpg

DSCF2125.jpg

You may notice a couple of white spots here and there, where the Marine-Tex is showing through...that is not any problem at all, as it is rated to be top coated with paint...

Now I have an untold number minutes/hours left of wet sanding the entire hull with 220/320 grit, to get it finally ready for the base coats of silver...

Getting closer to COLOR...

Hope everyone has had a fun and productive weekend, Happy Monday to all, and hurry up Friday...

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Lookin good ! Glad you could get something done. I had to work all weekend so I just piddled around ..

Trooper82

Commander

I know where you are coming from...I didn't do half that much sanding yesterday and took me pretty much all day...

You got it looking good though, hope you get the color soon..

CaptainKickback

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Sorry, just saw your post about the gun show. I didn't make it, but gonna try for the next one. Maybe the next Miami one. Fortunately, I am able to browse and dream about all the things I'd like to buy, without actually spending any money.

I was just thinking we could meet up there if the weather was too nasty to work on the boats.

Sea ya...

sprintst

Commander

Excellent work. That extra bit of sanding makes all the difference. It's got that ufo look now. Out of this world man.

Decker83

Commander

Looking good GT. Know the feeling about sanding. Didn't want to but the rain came in this week and slowed me way down.
I did enjoy the time off the sanding. Did some of the honey do's myself this weekend.
Hope you have a good week.

Trooper82

Commander

so...radar wasn't looking too good this morning...guessing Isaac has you hunkered down...stay safe and dry...

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Thanks for the concerns, guys...lots and lots of rain and a bit of wind, more on the way, say the prognosticators...all is well so far...been doing a little extra prepping...unfortunately all ideas of doing any boat painting are "washed out"...doesn't look like Isaac will be much more than the usually wet tropical blow job...:eek::facepalm:...'cept the power goes out in my hood even with a regular 'ol gator gusher...so just making sure the genny is good to go......as always, thoughts and prayers for a safe outcome to all affected...have a good weekend, y'all...:D

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Hope the storm heads a little farther west and keeps the damage down GT ! We will probably get a little bad weather later on if the coarse stays the same.

rrumba

Ensign

stay low, duck and weave......... may the good lord keep you and all there safe......

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

make sure you anchor the BassAssin...

At first I threw an anchor on top of it, then thought better of that idea...:p...

Hope the storm heads a little farther west and keeps the damage down GT ! We will probably get a little bad weather later on if the coarse stays the same.

So far so good, lots and lots of UN-needed rain and a bit of wind...you might even say it is just like the typical thunderstorm we get all the time...:rolleyes:...

stay low, duck and weave......... may the good lord keep you and all there safe......

Thanks RR, I can still hide behind a blade of grass, if necessary, but my younger, duck and weave days have been replaced by trigger control, lots of spare magazines and cover...;)

Hope those that are having good boat weather are enjoying it to the fullest...Happy Sunday!:D

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

All that sanding is going to pay off. Button down the hatches and stay safe! Also, buckle down our girl (the bassasin) and keep her out of harms way.

dirtmod61

Cadet

Hey GT....newbie to Iboats here. I stumbled across your thread while reading about WOG's B.F. I spent all weekend getting caught up with it. All I can say is: Holy Schizer! Man...you got skills!! All day yesterday I was telling my wifey "Look what this guy is doing! I wanna do that to mine!! (1986 Stratos 189V)." She told me I would be fired for even thinking about it. Fortunately, its not necessary. I just love jumping in over my head on a daily basis. I have to say...DO WORK MAN!!! You should be insanely proud of your workmanship. Hope Isaac doesn't hose ya over. John.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

All that sanding is going to pay off. Button down the hatches and stay safe! Also, buckle down our girl (the bassasin) and keep her out of harms way.

Thank God, Isaac just strafed us a bit...no damage on my end...I'll keep you guys in my prayers as you prep for a safe outcome...

Hey GT....newbie to Iboats here. I stumbled across your thread while reading about WOG's B.F. I spent all weekend getting caught up with it. All I can say is: Holy Schizer! Man...you got skills!! All day yesterday I was telling my wifey "Look what this guy is doing! I wanna do that to mine!! (1986 Stratos 189V)." She told me I would be fired for even thinking about it. Fortunately, its not necessary. I just love jumping in over my head on a daily basis. I have to say...DO WORK MAN!!! You should be insanely proud of your workmanship. Hope Isaac doesn't hose ya over. John.

Thanks for the visit John and especially the kind words...Welcome aboard!

This "project" has been a a very enjoyable and trying journey...I have learned a lot and accomplished stuff I never thought I would, but the best part of all of this, is the amazing, knowledgeable, friendly, helpful and just plain super duper guys that I have met on this forum along the way...no matter the outcome, I know that the folks here are what, have not only made this possible for me, but made it worth every itchy-b!tc*y minute of it... :)

Isaac was almost a NON-event for us...for this I am very grateful! Now if it would just clear up for the weekend, I might be able to get some base color on this tub...

If you ever decide to "get in way over your head" with that Stratos...I would love to hang and watch...my only suggestion is don't tell the "Admiral" before you start...;)...
Best regards,
Gus

Status
Not open for further replies.