Love, Necessity and Pride

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral
Re: Love, Necessity and Pride

These are the scrapes and gouges after grinding out the loose glass with the Dremel...

DSCF1926.jpg

DSCF1927.jpg

DSCF1925.jpg

And here are the same areas after filling with my putty and a layer of CSM...

DSCF1933.jpg

DSCF1934.jpg

DSCF1931.jpg

The milky white areas are from huge gobs of sweat pouring off of my arms since it is not exactly cool...Don't think they will be too much of a problem, but if they annoy me too much, I will grind them out and refill...heck even at 1.25% cat ratio...I have only gotten 10-15 minutes working time this morning...and that's under my shade thingy...

Just a few more areas left to grind/prep/fill then its back to sanding...

Hope y'all are having a Happy Sunday...and now back to sweatlandia...

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Not much else to report for now, except I got 99% of all the major mishaps filled and ready for sanding...

Lots of nasty clouds building up with a good chance of liquid falling skies, so just gonna kick back, enjoy a couple of frosties, and if allowed later, try to get some sanding done...if not, oh well...big progress from where I'm sitting and chilling...

For those of you who have completed your restorations or refurbishments, Hope you are enjoying quality water time with the important ones in your lives...and to all of the Iboaters still struggling to get 'splashed'... Have a very Happy and Safe Independence Day Holiday, and as always, keep our Troops in your thoughts, and Freedom in your Hearts!

GOD BLESSAMERICA!!!

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

GT, buy some Glass bubbles (2 1/2 qts should be enuf) and for a 1/2 pint of resin use a tablespoon of cabosil and the rest of glass bubbles till it's like mayonaise and use that for you final fairing paste. It will smooth out like glass and sand like a dream. 1.5% MEKP and it will give you good working time.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Nice work on the hull GT now enjoy the pizza !

Mmmmm pizza that sounds good ! Wonder whats for diner..:p

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Thanks WoG, so far the mix I came up with is working beautifully and it doesn't cost any more moola...might be a bit tougher to sand, but I am liking the bottom feeder results...

Thanks S.P., My goal is to get this hull ready for paint in the next week or so...

and as for dinner... tonight I am making a nod to my good buddy Craig in Owosso...and having one of those steak sammiches...

I am officially beat for the day...got some very decent progress and I am looking forward to getting the hull finished, faired, and ready for some color...

Like my Dad used to say, I ain't building a piano...

Here's a couple of shots of the latest progress for the day...

DSCF1937.jpg

DSCF1935.jpg

Most of the rest of the repairs are filled and just waiting for some sanding to get them faired out...

Best to all, and Happy upcoming week...

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

If you are not getting any "Pin Holes" that the primer won't take care of then I'd say you are good to go. Just though I'd let ya know that the bubbles are a great sandable filler.

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander

Looking good GT. I don't know if I missed it somewhere but what color(s) are you going with?

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Same question I had. Keep moving on, looking good GT.

Looking good GT. I don't know if I missed it somewhere but what color(s) are you going with?

To be totally honest, I am not 100% sure, but I think I got my choice of colors, which is sort of an off-white/creamy color as an overall, then I plan to add a Brown-ish detail, following the lines on the boat and finally gonna do a pinstripe of sorts to separate the two colors in some kind of Forest or Hunter type Green...

The reason I say hopefully, is because my neighbor has scored the paint for me, but I have yet to actually see what colors he got me...heck it could be purple, pink and maroon for all I know, but if that's the case I'll make it work...:eek::rolleyes::facepalm:

Heck, for the price of free, I could make that into a really cool psychedelic camouflage paint scheme...:D

Soon as I am sure, I'll let y'all know...

Happy Independence Day!

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

If you are not getting any "Pin Holes" that the primer won't take care of then I'd say you are good to go. Just though I'd let ya know that the bubbles are a great sandable filler.

Thanks for looking out for me...I have used micro-ballons before and must agree that they sand much easier, I just couldn't spend the bucks on any materials at this time, so for the price of what was on hand, I might have to sand a bit more, but that's OK...heck, I sand on cars all day long for a living, so it really doesn't faze me too much...:)

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

I think the fish would like a Purple bottom with pink Starfish!!!!!

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander

Cream and brown would look nice.

CaptainKickback

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Cream and brown. I'm sure it will look good, but with your colorful personality, I would not have been surprised to see a color scheme with about 4 or 5 bright colors. lol

Did you work all day in this heat? Man, how do you do it? I tried but had to go back to my salon just to sit in the A/C for a while.

Sea ya...

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Cream and brown. I'm sure it will look good, but with your colorful personality, I would not have been surprised to see a color scheme with about 4 or 5 bright colors. lol

Did you work all day in this heat? Man, how do you do it? I tried but had to go back to my salon just to sit in the A/C for a while.

Sea ya...

I did, I did...work all day, in this heat, but unfortunately it was at work...:(, not on the boat...

Yah, I'm with kickback...

Hey, listen, I had a guy do some freelance design work for me on one of my boats. Totally awesome!!!

http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x447/GT1000000/SmokerCraftV1.jpg

I think he's in your neck of the wood, I could look em up for ya;)

I'm pretty sure I have heard of that guy...kinda of weird, in a weird way, ya know...:rolleyes:

I hear these guys are for hire....

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j414/Trooper8282/DSC01177.jpg

Just let me know...

I'll keep that in mind, looks like a hard working crew, will they work for pizza and cookies?...:)

I think the fish would like a Purple bottom with pink Starfish!!!!!

I also like JBC's suggestion of some purple unicorns...

Decker83

Commander

I like Trooper's crew. They did a great job on the gas tank.:D
Good looking work GT. Don't let the heat get you.
Have a great 4th.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Yep Troops paint crew would do an awesome job on the Bassassin !
BTW you don't mind sanding after sanding all day at work ? :eek: You might better git out of that south fla sun for a while I think it may be impairing your judgement ! :D
I build walls ,ceilings, and hang drywall all day and thats the last thing I want to do when I get home.LOL!
Cheers and a happy 4rth to ya GT!!

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

BTW you don't mind sanding after sanding all day at work ? You might better git out of that south fla sun for a while I think it may be impairing your judgement ! :D

Too late, after all these years, my judgement has been impaired, although not necessarily by the heat...:rolleyes::facepalm:

And, yeah, I know what you mean...the mechanics car is the last to get fixed, if ever...the lawn guy's grass the last to get cut...and so on...but if I ever want to get out fishing in my own boat, I got to swallow the bitter pill, you know...:redface:;)

Have a safe and Happy Fourth to all my Iboats buds...

4th_july_graphics_04.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.