Love, Necessity and Pride

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral
Re: Love, Necessity and Pride

Happy Memorial Day Weekend to all my Iboats Buds...

Don't forget to keep our Troops in your thoughts for all of their sacrifices...

Remember, Freedom isn't Free!

Friday has finally arrived and some are dreaming of splashing their boats after much sweat and hard work...may your sea trials be perfect...

Some are getting ready for some well earned grillin and chillin with Family and Friends...

and some are just plannin to get whatever work they can get on their drydocked tubs...

The Best to all...Enjoy!

My Friday went pretty much as planned...

I got together with my awesome assistant, Gabriel, and we got the crossbrace installed...

DSCF1852.jpg

DSCF1854.jpg

It ain't finished, but it is now a permanent part of the "Bassassin"...

Still gotta PB the top and CSM and 1708 it all in, but I believe that by the end of this weekend, the hull will be flipped and the next major phase will begin to take place...

As always, thanks to all of you for your continued support and encouragement...

May this Memorial Day weekend be one for making good memories for all...

Best regards,
Gus

Last edited:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Wonderful words GT ! Now is the time to remember those who have paid the ultimate price to keep us free and to free others. God bless them and there family's !
Hope ya get done with everything you plan !
Later S.P.

Trooper82

Commander

^^^^^^^^^^^Second that!

and GT - Great looking progress !

Enjoy the weekend

Thank you, Gentlemen...oh yeah and my iboats buds, too...:rolleyes::p:D

I have a question regarding under the deck/mechanical locker ventilation...

I am still quite far from having to make decisions and designs on this, but I have been noticing something that I had not paid much attention to before now, and I am hoping you guys can give me a little education and insight...

The thing I have noticed is, irregardles of what type of under deck/mechanical locker venting design is used, be it on the aft sides of the hull, or aft top...is it always common practice to have one vent facing forward and one vent facing rearward

My OCD bothers me in that I would like to have both vents facing the same direction...

My only logical conclusion to this is to design and incorporate foreward facing, top mounted intake vents and rear facing, exhaust, side vents...

Ideas, comments???

Oh yeah and any resemblance of what might have been installed by the factory when new, did not exist when I got the boat, so any info on what the correct type of "ducting and connectors" are supposed to be used, would be appreciated...

As usual, yours truly, :confused:

Funny you should say that, because I noticed that on mine today too. Mine faces the bow on the starboard side and the other faces the stern on the port side. What happens is fresh air is sucked in on starboard side and bilge gasses are supposed to be sucked out on port side.

Hope that helps.

on edit: I just saw that I'm a day late, dollar short on my answer, sorry GT.

Monterey Dreams

Chief Petty Officer

Hey Gus,
I just wanted to drop by. What is that drink in your hand? I want one! It looks faintly alcoholic?;);) and after my last sea trial I could still use one?.:D
I hope your holiday is well as well my bud.
dave:D

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Funny you should say that, because I noticed that on mine today too. Mine faces the bow on the starboard side and the other faces the stern on the port side. What happens is fresh air is sucked in on starboard side and bilge gasses are supposed to be sucked out on port side.

Hope that helps.

on edit: I just saw that I'm a day late, dollar short on my answer, sorry GT.

That's quite alright, I, too, have been known to come up more than a dollar short and several days late...:facepalm:

And by the way, welcome aboard, Sir...:D

Hey Gus,
I just wanted to drop by. What is that drink in your hand? I want one! It looks faintly alcoholic?;)and after my last sea trial I could still use one?.:D
I hope your holiday is well as well my bud.
dave:D

Thanks Dave, yeah, it's a somewhat adult oriented beverage...:rolleyes:

Thanks S.P. and Trooper...right back at you...Have a great holiday...

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

And now for the big news of my weekend...

I'll let the pics do all the talkin this time...

DSCF1862.jpg

DSCF1861.jpg

DSCF1863.jpg

DSCF1864.jpg

DSCF1865.jpg

DSCF1866.jpg

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

HeyHey ! Congrats on the flip.. How did you flip her the old grab and growl method?

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

OK, no description, just photos....

I'll guess....

Bassassin got totally wasted again, fell off the trailer, passed out in the back yard:facepalm:

Your neighbors must be like :rolleyes:

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

WOW!!! Your boats a Gymnast!!! It did a FLIP!!!! What's your Guess-ti-mate on the Naked Hull's weight? Did you roll and flip her by yerself or didja have some help? Details man, It's all in the Details. I know a pic is worth a thousand words but I'm old and Hard Hearin doncha know:p:eek::D

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

HeyHey ! Congrats on the flip.. How did you flip her the old grab and growl method?

Me & Gabo, drank down a couple...it got up all by itself, had one too many, went over like a drunk sailor

OK, no description, just photos....

I'll guess....

Bassassin got totally wasted again, fell off the trailer, passed out in the back yard

Your neighbors must be like

You are Psychic, Doood...or is that pyschotic...I get them mixed up, ya know...;)

WOW!!! Your boats a Gymnast!!! It did a FLIP!!!! What's your Guess-ti-mate on the Naked Hull's weight? Did you roll and flip her by yerself or didja have some help? Details man, It's all in the Details. I know a pic is worth a thousand words but I'm old and Hard Hearin doncha know

If I could have video taped it, I could have submitted it for consideration by the Olympic Commitee...you should'a seen it...

There we were, having a couple of cold ones, when all of a sudden...

We couldn't believe our eyes...:eek:

All fish stories aside...me & Gabo shoved it off the trailer, started to roll it over on its side, went up literally like it was doin it itself...he steadied it, while I walked to the other side, then we both just set it down, gentle as you please...a little grunting, groaning and sweating was involved, but it went smoother than we thought it would...

My best guess-timate of its current weight is in the neighborhood of 300, maybe 350 pounds...I have to take into consideration also, that there is prolly about 50-75 pounds of extra lumber I added to brace everything...so the actual weight as it sits now is prolly closer to 250...???:confused:

Now, I am actually gonna enjoy grinding sanding and fairing the bottom in preparation for a nice new coat of color...

Stay Tuned...

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Yeah, My two nephews rolled the BF exactly the same way and then lifted her up on the cradle. She weighed about 400 but deck, stringers and cap were all in.

Trooper82

Commander

Nice GT! She really doesn't look all that bad from the pics. Have fun sanding and fairing :)

jbcurt00

Staff member

Looking good GT! Interesting contours there on the front, I see a lot of hand sanding in your future when filling & fairing... Better start alternating lefts & rights when doing the 12oz curls, makes sanding go faster when you use both hands.......

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Looking good GT! Interesting contours there on the front, I see a lot of hand sanding in your future when filling & fairing... Better start alternating lefts & rights when doing the 12oz curls, makes sanding go faster when you use both hands.......

Good thing I do this sanding thing for a living, yep, both wings will be flappin on this one...;)

Nice GT! She really doesn't look all that bad from the pics. Have fun sanding and fairing :)

Mostly PO beaching scar along the front part of the keel, a few rock scrapes on some of the strakes, some PO bad trailering damage near the bow eye, and the personally induced stringer removal cut throughs by yours truly...the rest is just a lot of prep for color...not really all that bad...:D

Monterey Dreams

Chief Petty Officer

Thankfully I cannot flip my boat type. Looking at yours the wrong side up looks like a lot of muscle strain; I hope you guys were not sore after that herculean job. Heck I had sore muscles for 4 days after my “little swim”.
Your bud
Dave

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander

Glad to see mission accomplished on the flip GT.

Let me know if sanding is more fun than grinding.:D

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

^^^^And a lot less wear and tear on your rotor cups!^^^^

jbcurt00

Staff member

Just checking in, I've been out of touch for most of a week until yesterday & stopped by to check on your upside down "turtle's" status.:)

Hope all is well, and the weather & work has allowed you some quality boat building time....

Have a good rest of the week...

Status
Not open for further replies.