Love, Necessity and Pride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Decker83

Commander
Re: Love, Necessity and Pride

WOW GT !!!
That is first class workmanship for sure. Very Very impressed with the thought and time you put into building the jigs for the stringers.
Very nice touch on the sides of the hull. Should keep everything nice and straight.
The best I have seen on i-boats.
You should be dead on with this restore.
Excellent work GT.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

My 3yr old grandson saw the pics of your stringer and hull bracing and said "Wow, PoPo, that looks stong!!!" I told him Yeah, if your top cap doesn't fit back on I'm going to Florida and Beat it into submission. He wanted to know what submission was?

Monterey Dreams

Chief Petty Officer

Hey Gus;
Just wanted to pop in and see what you waz up 2. Looks great Bro.
Dave:D

Jon Sob

Master Chief Petty Officer

Hey GT ..... that hull is going to be plenty strong ... way better then it was from the factory. Keep up the great work.

chriscraft254

Commander

Looking good man. Are you planning on utilizing some of that space below deck for bait wells and such? Might be a good time to add those fiberglassed in.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Wow, great progress, and you are making it look like you do this for a living. Really nice job!

Thanks V, ya know, this has become a fun [in a twisted sort of way...:rolleyes:] and rewarding experience, but I wouldn't want to ruin it by making a living at it...:)

Nice GT, I like the attention to the little details...make sure everything is just right. Going to be one hell of a hull when you get finished.

Glad you got some good weather this weekend.

Keep on keeping on!

Thanks Brutha Troy...

Man, that crossbrace is going to make it uber strong, looking great! Have a great Sunday............

Thank you, Sir...how's the new girl adjusting to life with a boating parent???

Crossbrace looks like a perfect fit everything braced and ready to go and the most important tool under the bbe is that big yellow fan!!
Looks like your all set and I assume the cold beverages are chillin for afterwords !!

Little tweak here and there and it should be set to install...and the yellow fan is also getting an assist from another one I brought home from work...might have to buy another for work...hmmmm

And I must admit my weakness...Captain Neighbor and his son came by to celebrate Cinco de Mayo with some very tasty Guava Liquer and a Frosty Corona, we then proceeded to put away a couple of Heinekens and shoot the breeze for awhile about all things boat related...:cool:...a bit of a distraction and delay, but one that I would gladly repeat as needed...

After they departed, I continued [working on the boat, not drinking beer...] until I attained the above mentioned progress...then after calling it a day...some frosty adult beverages were consumed...:D

Wow... After seeing all this ^^^^, I feel like a sloppy, inadequate, shadetree loser... I am impressed... I basically just threw my stringers in and eyeballed it and said "yeah, looks close enough." Turns out there appears to be a little more professional and thorough way to do that

Great work Gus!

Brother Patrick, You woefully underestimate your talent and dedicated thoroughness on your project...the quality craftsmanship you have bled and sweat into your build leaves nothing to be desired and is nothing short of awesome...
If you are a sloppy, inadequate, shadetree loser, then I hope to attain that level of existence good Sir...

Carry on...

WOW GT !!!
That is first class workmanship for sure. Very Very impressed with the thought and time you put into building the jigs for the stringers.
Very nice touch on the sides of the hull. Should keep everything nice and straight.
The best I have seen on i-boats.
You should be dead on with this restore.
Excellent work GT.

Coming from one who has attained a level of extreme quality and workmanship in your own build, I am humbled by your high praise...Thanks Decker

My 3yr old grandson saw the pics of your stringer and hull bracing and said "Wow, PoPo, that looks stong!!!" I told him Yeah, if your top cap doesn't fit back on I'm going to Florida and Beat it into submission. He wanted to know what submission was?

Submission=it is what they tell a submarine captain he must do...

Hope you have a wonderful day celebrating and eating cake! Happy Birthday to the Birthday Boy!

Hey Gus;
Just wanted to pop in and see what you waz up 2. Looks great Bro.
Dave

Hi Dave, Thanks for droppin by... hope you are feeling better and taking care of yourself

Hey GT ..... that hull is going to be plenty strong ... way better then it was from the factory. Keep up the great work.

Thanks Jon, I certainly hope so...I think I already have more glass in it than the factory did...:rolleyes::)

Looking good man. Are you planning on utilizing some of that space below deck for bait wells and such? Might be a good time to add those fiberglassed in.

Thanks CC...Most of that space will eventually be filled with expanding foam...the fun really begins after a couple of "flips"...

Well the Moon is high in the sky...almost bright enough to get to work...have a great Sunday guys...holler at you later...

jbcurt00

Staff member

Thank you, Sir...how's the new girl adjusting to life with a boating parent???

Well the Moon is high in the sky...almost bright enough to get to work...have a great Sunday guys...holler at you later...

Umm, I suspect if I shackle her to the deck, she'll LOVE boating:
Bob.jpg

But we have a ways to go before then, a little timid & shy, so no being around the firing of a vintage O/B for a bit. Which fits my slow schedule just fine I reckon.

I think she may be in the new X-Men movie, there must be low rider bouncing coil over springs in all 4 legs:eek: She's a whirling dervish for sure..

bounce bounce bounce play play play give the zebra stripe stuffed bone shape the god awful what for drink a little water repeat repeat repeat nap pitstop repeat repeat repeat eat pitstop repeat repeat nap pitstop repeat repeat repeat nap pitstop repeat repeat repeat pitstop sleep pitstop repeat

I was actually up again until just before your wee hours of the morning post.... Didn't take as long of walks yesterday, focusing on finding 'THE' pitstop spot to help w/ the house training. So goes the parenthood. It has slowed my already slow progress...:)
Thanks for asking.....Have a great Sunday too!

She resembles this remark:
snack.png

kfa4303

Banned

.......I'm sailing! I'm really sailing!

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

For my Lucky 1300th Post, here is my Sunday evening update...

CSM'd the underside of the crossbrace...

DSCF1796.jpg

PB'd and CSM'd four sections on each of the two knee stringers...more to come...

DSCF1804.jpg

DSCF1803.jpg

Made the first piece of the Bow Eye backing plate, PB'd and CSM'd in place...

DSCF1799.jpg

Made the Center Stringer to Bow Eye connection piece and resin coated...

DSCF1800.jpg

And added several layers of CSM and 1708 to the Bilge area [Triangular shapes]...these are to provide a funnel effect for the water and to prevent any pooling of water in what used to be low spots...this will be repeated as needed throughout the hull, for the same purpose...

DSCF1802.jpg

Last bit of news...the Bayliner that belongs to my Captain neighbor, has been sold and will soon be headed to a good home where it will be restored...

SHHHHH!, don't tell anyone, but this will open up real estate for...???

Hope everyone has had a productive weekend, may the workweek fly by...

jbcurt00

Staff member

I was hoping maybe the 'abandoned' hull you inquired about a ways back.... But rivets would be OK too

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Go man go !! Congrats on the extra yard space now your gunna have to mow it !:D

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

.......I'm sailing! I'm really sailing!

One of the best movies...ever... I think he threw an "ahoy" in there, as well...

Gus... you are really are showing out! Great stuff...

Decker83

Commander

You really did some work this weekend. Everything is looking great.
I need you to pass some of your energy this way please. :)

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Glassin, is a WHOLE lot more fun than Grindin, Ain't it Gus!!!!!
Really nice progress. Yer on a Roll.

craigweaver

Chief Petty Officer

Gus, wow you're making huge progress! You're making it hard to keep up.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Something with rivets???

:D

Hmmmm, reeevits?...that's them there little nubbly thingys they use to put them funnee metal boats together with, Huh???

I was hoping maybe the 'abandoned' hull you inquired about a ways back.... But rivets would be OK too

Still haven't had a chance to go back by and see if it's still there...

Wow GT nice progress!

Thanks, Troop

Go man go !! Congrats on the extra yard space now your gunna have to mow it !:D

Thanks, but I gave up mowin for the time being...:rolleyes:...especially if I can quickly cover up the new exposed ground, plus the Admiral may not catch on that one replaced the other...

One of the best movies...ever... I think he threw an "ahoy" in there, as well...

Gus... you are really are showing out! Great stuff...

Thank you, Sir!

You really did some work this weekend. Everything is looking great.
I need you to pass some of your energy this way please. :)

Thanks Decker, Energy Boost on it's way...

Glassin, is a WHOLE lot more fun than Grindin, Ain't it Gus!!!!!
Really nice progress. Yer on a Roll.

Yessir it is, I even like the smell better and it don't itch...

Gus, wow you're making huge progress! You're making it hard to keep up.

Heck, the speed you and your boy are goin, if you don't slow down, I will never catch up...:eek:

Gus that looks awesome !

Thanks RR, hope you get it all put back together with some new parts, soon and for little cash...:redface:

Hope y'all have a fast problem-free work week...

Status
Not open for further replies.